Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

May 9th and we were 60 days out so we were right in the deposit cancellation fee period for our cruise length (11 days).

Coral and AZBirdmom

i Cancelled mar 6 , got 50% back Mar 9 then when princess cancelled our cruise I filled in new form on Mar 12 for  option B . 
no more money back on credit card so looks like they are not handling on first come first serve. AZBirdmom you got lucky.

hopefully the rest of us will too.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 7:51 AM, WNcruiser said:

Latest update yesterday now says up to 60 days for refunds:

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

I know they have a lot of cancellations but I hope it doesn’t take that long. They have a lot of our money! 

Yesterday I cancelled 2 gifts that I had purchased for departing guests.  I was told that it would/could take 60 days.

Agreed, that is a long time that they have our money.  As long as they confirmed my cancellation, I don't think that it is the same as the cancellations/FCC for cruises and it shouldn't take that long.

Princess cancelled our March 8th cruise on March 8th and received the credit on my credit card on March 9th. They also refunded our future cruise certificate which were just purchased in September 2019. Only have 1 fare credited as FCC so far.

Also received the credit card credit for excursions and pre-purchased alcohol.

3 minutes ago, screamingreen said:

Princess cancelled our March 8th cruise on March 8th and received the credit on my credit card on March 9th. They also refunded our future cruise certificate which were just purchased in September 2019. Only have 1 fare credited as FCC so far.

Also received the credit card credit for excursions and pre-purchased alcohol.

Wow!!!

It’s been over two weeks now since the mass cancellations. I wanted to keep this thread going with any updates on refunds. 

We still have not received refunds for taxes, PVP,  shore excursions or the cruise. Nothing. Reservation still shows active on the Princess site. 

I am confused by the word "refund."  Are you all using it interchangeably for FCC?  I understood if we cancel, we get FCC not refund.  What about the cruises that Princess cancelled, not you? If Princess cancels, do they just issue FCC for the cruise and refund the extras? Or do you get your whole cruise payment refunded? I realize there is a difference if we cancel.  I'm asking about what happens if Princess cancels.  I have an upcoming cruise I haven't cancelled yet (May) but I doubt it will go.  If we don't cancel, but they do, do we just get FCC or the cruise itself refunded? I actually just paid the credit card bill for it since the full payment was due in February and the credit card bill just came due, so it really hurts!

10 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

I am confused by the word "refund."  Are you all using it interchangeably for FCC?  I understood if we cancel, we get FCC not refund.  What about the cruises that Princess cancelled, not you? If Princess cancels, do they just issue FCC for the cruise and refund the extras? Or do you get your whole cruise payment refunded? I realize there is a difference if we cancel.  I'm asking about what happens if Princess cancels.  I have an upcoming cruise I haven't cancelled yet (May) but I doubt it will go.  If we don't cancel, but they do, do we just get FCC or the cruise itself refunded? I actually just paid the credit card bill for it since the full payment was due in February and the credit card bill just came due, so it really hurts!

The offers are different. The updates and terms are posted regularly on Princess website under News and Advisories link. You can also call your travel agent for your situation 

7 minutes ago, dog said:

The offers are different. The updates and terms are posted regularly on Princess website under News and Advisories link. You can also call your travel agent for your situation 

The way I read the offers, it is for people who cancel their cruises. Not if the cruise was cancelled by Princess?  Also the advisory sets out differences between deposits and full payments.  My inquiry is if full payment was made, we don't cancel, but the ship doesn't sail.  What happened to those who had bookings on the cruises that were cancelled by Princess?

Edited by cruisegal415

It looks like NO cash/credit card refunds have been actually made for sailings that were cancelled by Princess.

I did get a call this week from the Princess "Cruise Vacation Planner".   It appeared her  mission was to take the pulse of the customer and set up a phone meeting for a mid-April to discuss Princess cruises for the future.  When asked she had no information about refunds/FCC etc.  She dodged my questions and got off the phone as quickly as she could.

I have not received any correspondence from Princess other than the automated response to the Information and instructions for requesting a Future Cruise Credit or Refund are available online. ( https://princess.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IPGcxcN0jSk6c5 ).

FYI:

March 12 Voluntary 60 Day Pause of Global Ship Operations

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause.html

Updated March 20 Cancellations, Refunds and Final Payments

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/temporary-cancellation-policy.html

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

The way I read the offers, it is for people who cancel their cruises. Not if the cruise was cancelled by Princess?

I can only suggest you read the cancellation updates on Princess website as it is changing all the time since March 6 th. Sorry cannot help 

Princess Cancelled our April 4th cruise and we have not received any FCC or refunds. We also had our flights through Ezair and no refunds yet.  We chose option #2 Full refund with some FCC.  Cruise is still showing up on our account. Called Princess and told the same thing, up to 60 days before the refund is due.

10 minutes ago, Pairadise said:

Princess Cancelled our April 4th cruise and we have not received any FCC or refunds. We also had our flights through Ezair and no refunds yet.  We chose option #2 Full refund with some FCC.  Cruise is still showing up on our account. Called Princess and told the same thing, up to 60 days before the refund is due.

So they are supposed to give you your money back and some FCC? Not all FCC and no money back? That is good to know.  The cruise we are supposed to take in May is not offered in 2021, so that's a bummer.

36 minutes ago, cruisegal415 said:

So they are supposed to give you your money back and some FCC? Not all FCC and no money back? That is good to know.  The cruise we are supposed to take in May is not offered in 2021, so that's a bummer.

What you are eligible depends on the date the cruise was or is cancelled. 

1 hour ago, cruisegal415 said:

We had paid our final payment and Princess cancelled our cruise. So we are supposed to get a 100% refund and a 25% FCC. 

There are several different situations depending on when your cruise was cancelled and who cancelled the cruise, you or Princess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I submitted for option 1 a couple of weeks ago through the form on the princess website, I haven't even recieved a confirmation that they got the form.

Did anyone get a confirmation via email after submitting option 1 or 2?

11 minutes ago, Marbel87 said:

I submitted for option 1 a couple of weeks ago through the form on the princess website, I haven't even recieved a confirmation that they got the form.

Did anyone get a confirmation via email after submitting option 1 or 2?

Yes - within about 30 minutes. Look in your spam folder. You can also re-submit it.

• Like 1

I called today and spoke with customer relations and the response I got was, that my claim had to be processed within 30 days of March 12, 2020. My cruise was scheduled on the Grand Princess on April 20, 2020. 
The agent I spoke with stated that it could be up to 90 days before I would see a refund. This is not acceptable, I plan on contacting my credit card company and filing a dispute.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 4:46 PM, dog said:

That about says it. 
my FCC disappeared 2 days after they gave it to me. 

And it is back tonight. 100% FCC returned to Circle account.

Still waiting for rest of FCC Option 1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KcFanNindy said:

I called today and spoke with customer relations and the response I got was, that my claim had to be processed within 30 days of March 12, 2020. My cruise was scheduled on the Grand Princess on April 20, 2020. 
The agent I spoke with stated that it could be up to 90 days before I would see a refund. This is not acceptable, I plan on contacting my credit card company and filing a dispute.

Absolutely, 90 days is ridiculous. I am giving Princess 30 days and then I will file a dispute. I paid for a service that wasn’t delivered. I think 30 days is reasonable when it normally takes 3-4 days. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Absolutely, 90 days is ridiculous. I am giving Princess 30 days and then I will file a dispute. I paid for a service that wasn’t delivered. I think 30 days is reasonable when it normally takes 3-4 days. 

When the option #1 & #2 cancellation policy came out, I believe they offered the FCC to keep many people from doing exactly this. It is nice of them to offer a full refund, and some FCC.

This buys time for them as I would assume, they need to have the money to provide the refunds. I agree with you, as I have already thought about disputing the charge and know we will get it back. Probably wait a little longer as don't need the money right now and hope they come through as promised with everything. At some point though, we are not going to continue waiting.

Edited by Eagle_and_hawk

On 3/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, Coral said:

This is interesting - I just looked at your post history. I cancelled March 6th for an April 19th cruise. I was in 75% penalty. I have yet to receive anything yet (except for excursions that I cancelled myself). I just have faith it will all work out.

I too am waiting for several thousand dollars From Princess Since March 6. . I agree the 90 days is over reaching our patience but this was what one phone rep said; not an official princess policy in print.
I will be patient until after Easter which will be close to 6 wks. I think that is reasonable given the extraordinary circumstances.

3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

For those worried about refunds....read the following:

Yes!  I was glad to read that.  The Carnival transaction occurs tomorrow, and the high end credit markets are keeping a close eye on how Carnival's debt and stock offering goes.