How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

@rjbean4 Gov. Desantis on the news now and he is opposed to a shelter in place. He is planning airport screening and mandatory 14 day self quarantine for folks flying into Florida from NY and NJ. Btw, I think we are neighbors...we’re in PH too and get the TPA planes approaching overhead. Thanks for your informative posts here!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

What a wonderful way to express their thanks!  Thanks a bunch for sharing this.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Yeah I had to pass this on as It was posted on my Facebook timeline about 3 hours ago and just found it.

DL 1530 8 minutes out from ATL

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sue1898 said:

@rjbean4 Gov. Desantis on the news now and he is opposed to a shelter in place. He is planning airport screening and mandatory 14 day self quarantine for folks flying into Florida from NY and NJ. Btw, I think we are neighbors...we’re in PH too and get the TPA planes approaching overhead. Thanks for your informative posts here!

Mom and I are in North Pinellas along the SE side of Lake Tarpon. 

Yeah I think people should be screened and no flights from NY. PERIOD!!! One way to stop the spread. Wonder about making people self quarantine and  how that would be enforced.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

One huge traffic jam heading north out of the state. So many are here for the winter that are property owners and this neighbor is one of them. Said they are leaving by the end of the week and already have hotel rooms booked for along the way to head back to Illinois.

My husband and I were just talking about whether we should make our way down there for our annual trip to the beach for April and May. We have a condo on the beach, on the gulf coast with a nice balcony. If we drive straight through, like @Kindergirl did, then hunker down there, at least we will have an absolutely beautiful view out the doors/windows. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seaoma said:

My husband and I were just talking about whether we should make our way down there for our annual trip to the beach for April and May. We have a condo on the beach, on the gulf coast with a nice balcony. If we drive straight through, like @Kindergirl did, then hunker down there, at least we will have an absolutely beautiful view out the doors/windows. 

Might want re think that.

• Thanks 1

@seaoma It might be good to wait and see how things are. I believe Florida will be a hot spot, and in fact may be already. Testing is slow.

Basically all non essential Canadians (except for some millennials apparently) are sheltering in place. Only take out and drive thru for restaurants, all schools closed now I believe, only essentials open. And just like Italy people are doing things to promote solidarity like putting a stuffed animal in your window so when a family goes for a walk they can take a “jungle safari”.

If it stops our hospitals from being overwhelmed people feel it is their responsibility to help. 

Thanks for the touchdown info @rjbean4  I’ll head out in about an hour. That should give them time to get in touch if needed. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ThePenguin1 said:

Meanwhile over at FlightRadar,  why are so many people watching this one plane?

Might help if you take a closer look at what has been going on.  This thread was started by  Kindergirl looking for advice when it was announced her parents were going to have to disembark the Amsterdam which was doing a world cruise in Fremantle, Australia and a lot of people pitching in to help.

Edited by rjbean4

Might want re think that.

Why?  And I don't mean to sound rude.  I would much rather be in a warm climate on the beach than just about anywhere else right now.  If we didn't live a block from the beach I would be insane (I think Jimmy Buffet has a song about going insane).  Our doors and windows are open today and at least it makes me feel good.  And, I really do not mean to sound rude.  Cherie

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

It might be good to wait and see how things are. I believe Florida will be a hot spot, and in fact may be already. Testing is slow.

We do have a couple more weeks to make up our mind. Don't worry, we won't do anything that will put us in danger.

I am concerned about Florida's number of cases. They are much higher than we have in our state.

My hope is that your Mom and Dad have been able to fly halfway around the world without contracting this virus. I hope you will be safe, too and are able to stay long enough to help them have some good plans in place.

Edited by seaoma
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

This is very cool, thanks for posting! That's Rotterdam's hotel director Bert van Mackelenberg, the long distance runner, with the megaphone. Some of the Indonesians in the crew have their "Anklung" bamboo musical instruments from the crew show with them, and they, the Indonesians that is, are singing the "Panjang umurnya" song which is in itself an adaption of the Dutch "Lang zal ze leven" (Long shall he/she live) song. Very cool tribute!

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I love hearing that song almost every night in the dining room.  Makes me look forward to better times when we can hear it being sung in person again.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 3

Might help if you take a closer look at what has been going on.  This thread was started by  Kindergirl looking for advice when it was announced her parents were going to have to disembark the Amsterdam which was doing a world cruise in Fremantle, Australia and a lot of people pitching in to help.

I have been following along, hence my comment,  BUT the guys at FlightRadar are probably not and are wondering WHY so many people are watching this plane.  I accept your apology.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cccole said:

Why?  And I don't mean to sound rude.  I would much rather be in a warm climate on the beach than just about anywhere else right now.  If we didn't live a block from the beach I would be insane (I think Jimmy Buffet has a song about going insane).  Our doors and windows are open today and at least it makes me feel good.  And, I really do not mean to sound rude.  Cherie

Oh I am not telling you to  not come. Just monitor the situation as your plans to come gets closer. The Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area have the highest number of confirmed cases currently in the state and there has been talk today from our Govenor to screen everyone on all arriving flights from NY and everyone on them will be required to Quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Hopefully by the time you plan on coming things will be improving. And just as a FYI a lot of counties have closed beaches an t o how knows when right now.

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, cccole said:

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes. (if we weren't all crazy we would go insane)

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

So next two options for Jim and Cathy - which one will it be?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1837

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2802

Copper10-8, I really, really hope to meet you some day on a cruise! Drinks are on me. I've been following this saga and you're an absolute gem.

Best wishes, Kindergirl, and give your folks a big hug from all of us on CC!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2