How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

From midnight tonight the UK went into lock down - no one allowed to leave their homes unless essential workers. You can go out for exercise once a day alone. You can go shopping once a week.

i don’t think the US is far behind. The UK has had 377 deaths to date.

Kindergirl, so glad they’ve got to Atlanta - nearly there!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes. (if we weren't all crazy we would go insane)

Awesome richwmn,  For me, this is a perfect song for today, brings a HUGE smile to my face, and has me dancing.  Thanks, Cherie 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

Oh I am not telling you to  not come. Just monitor the situation as your plans to come gets closer. The Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area have the highest number of confirmed cases currently in the state and there has been talk today from our Govenor to screen everyone on all arriving flights from NY and everyone on them will be required to Quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Hopefully by the time you plan on coming things will be improving. And just as a FYI a lot of counties have closed beaches an t o how knows when right now.

I understand. We won't do anything crazy.

We will be on the coast between Clearwater and St. Pete and feel we can stay just as safe there as we can here. The only place we would be going is to the grocery store and maybe get some takeout from a local place that is open.

After another couple of weeks of my backyard view, I might really want a change. I must confess too, that my daughter lives in Tampa and I might get to see her out by the pool while I'm there. 6 ft. away, of course.

Edited by seaoma
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, seaoma said:

DL 1837 is going to Austin. Will they have to fly to Austin, then fly to TPA? If that's the case, I'm crossing my fingers for DL 2801!!!!

You are correct, thanks! Take that one out, my mistake! Not paying attention to the destination. That was their original - in military time - arrival time in Tampa

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, seaoma said:

I understand. We won't do anything crazy.

We will be on the coast between Clearwater and St. Pete and feel we can stay just as safe there as we can here. The only place we would be going is to the grocery store and maybe get some takeout from a local place that is open.

After another couple of weeks of my backyard view, I might really want a change. I must confess too, that my daughter lives in Tampa and I might get to see her out by the pool while I'm there. 6 ft. away, of course.

So then if you have a daughter in Tampa she chan also keep you informed with what is going on in our area. There was quite a uproar with social media when video got out regarding the people on Clearwater Beach and the timing of Spring Break didn't help. The city of Clearwater announced a closure for today but then that was changed due to the decision by the county to close the beach sooner and other counties have also closed beaches. Just dont know till when and a lot of closures are comming from our govenor and those involved have to comply. In the end hope it works out and stay safe & healthy. As it is I have learned a short time ago that very good friends of ours in the Netherlands are now on a mandatory lockdown. The number of confirmed cases and deaths with the size of the country in mind is concerning. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kindergirl said:

Thanks @CruiseMGM  I will.

@rjbean4 I am grateful for your info. It took me a minute to get the joke so I understand your response. 
pretty funny though, @ThePenguin1  

No, I have not heard anything from them.  I’ll be there for the first flight and wait for the second if necessary. 

You're so welcome. I'm not as much on the mood for jokes right now. I dont know if there is any way you can find out about your parents flt to Tampa. My only idea would be if you are their emergency contact and if anyone would tell you anything after arriving at the TPA airport. Luggage check in for the airlines is on 2. But either way I'm still going to be looking for flights comming over us depending on the approach pattern at the time. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Is she flying from DFW, Roy?

Correct.  AA 2348 to Richmond, due to depart at 18:25 CDT.  Just delayed until 18:40CDT.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Ok. Started this morning with a bottle of champagne in thanks John welcomed Kindergirls parents. In anticipation of the landing and next flight out, having cocktails and ordered delivery. I don't have time to cook watching this enthralling thread!! 

And I will be looking for their approach from where we are as they fly over if they made it to 2802. based on present approach patterns for TPA and if they don't change the flight will go right over us. landing on 1 L.  Based on my FlightRadar24 currently taxing to 9 L or R at ATL. The flight time here to TPA will be about a hour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1