How do an 87 and 89 year old get home from Freemantle?

Kindergirl

Just now, rjbean4 said:

Now we will wait to hear from Kindergirl to report in on if her parents were on this flight. Its a very short distance from the gate to the tram to the main terminal once they are off with the help. Then elevators down to baggage if they had any.

Thank you for doing what you did with the screen shots. I am not sure I would have been able to do that, if our roles were reversed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for doing what you did with the screen shots. I am not sure I would have been able to do that, if our roles were reversed.

I was using my cell phone to do the screen shots and then posting from my phone. I had goosbumps  as I watched them fly over. Wanted to do what I could to help keep everyone updated. RED TAILS FOREVER!!

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, rjbean4 said:

Now we will wait to hear from Kindergirl to report in on if her parents were on this flight. Its a very short distance from the gate to the tram to the main terminal once they are off with the help. Then elevators down to baggage if they had any.

They have a medium size zippered purple soft suitcase and a smaller blue soft one. They were both gate checked at LAX so I'm hoping the same happened in ATL so there won't be any waiting at baggage claim. All their remaining stuff was left on ms Amsterdam to be shipped home from FLL upon her arrival there

• Like 7

Just now, rafinmd said:

If anyone has access to the TPA schedule will most people coming off that tram be from DL2802?

Roy

Would depend on other arriving flights at the same time but if not then likely just this flight. I did just notice another Delta arrival from i think from DTW. Other airlines use this airside but most of the gates are Delta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

They have a medium size zippered purple soft suitcase and a smaller blue soft one. They were both gate checked at LAX so I'm hoping the same happened in ATL so there won't be any waiting at baggage claim. All their remaining stuff was left on ms Amsterdam to be shipped home from FLL upon her arrival there

The those should be waiting when they step off the plane.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I have mentioned our ties to NWA here is my dad's 10 year service pin. Had it made into a ring. We also have his hat and a pair of epaulets. We have plenty to pick from to drink when we get the news. RED TAILS FOREVER!!

20200323_204343.jpg

Edited by rjbean4
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

A curious digression.  Whenever I've used Luggage Forward we had to carry our own bags through customs.  Any idea how that might be handled?

Roy

• Like 1

Just now, rafinmd said:

A curious digression.  Whenever I've used Luggage Forward we had to carry our own bags through customs.  Any idea how that might be handled?

Roy

Not sure how it went at Perth Airport for them, Roy. At LAX, they had to take their bags through U.S. CBP/Customs but they had "Victor" to assist them with that. Jim was in a wheelchair and Cathi, the trooper, was walking with him. We then got Cathi her own wheelchair on the little trek from Delta T3 to T2

• Like 2