Refund Confirmation Email - Did you get one?

Our cruise in 2 weeks was cancelled.  I followed the steps in the email sent by Royal for a refund (rather have my money back), instead of FCC.  However, I didn’t receive the referenced confirmation emails (2 reservations) which I want for documentation.  Has anyone received refund confirmation emails?  Thanks!

BEE41DA5-D845-4AB9-B4D2-B5FC01E5F4DC.jpeg

@CentralNY1  Thank you.  I booked via big box warehouse so also submitted a refund request through them.  Also cancelled beverage and dinning packages on the cruise planner while the cruise is still showing on Royal website.  I don’t have confidence that this will be taken care of  (refunds issued) so doing all I can!

Edited by Luxurycruise2

My TA cancelled ours and I received a cancellation confirmation number right away. She advised me to make sure I kept the confirmation. RCCL said our refund would be within 7 to 10 business days.  

If you haven’t already, print out your cancellation request email, and hang onto it. At least you have something to prove you requested your refund. 

Update

Finally got through to big box warehouse. They wouldn’t call over to Royal to cancel, but completed another cancellation form on our behalf AND sent me an updated invoice which stated “Your cruise was cancelled on 3/14/20” along with the amount to be refunded.  I feel a little better now that I have some documentation.

I also cancelled all my packages (dinner, beverage & zoom) on the Royal cruise planner and received emails confirming such. 

Whatever you do - get documentation!

2 hours ago, Luxurycruise2 said:

@CentralNY1  Thank you.  I booked via big box warehouse so also submitted a refund request through them.  Also cancelled beverage and dinning packages on the cruise planner while the cruise is still showing on Royal website.  I don’t have confidence that this will be taken care of  (refunds issued) so doing all I can!

Thank you so much for this hint.  I also didn't have much confidence I would get any/all of these charges back.  I had not even thought about going in and canceling them but as soon as I read this, i checked the website and was able to cancel additional charges and already have email confirmation of the cancellation.  So once again, thank you for sharing.

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

Thank you so much for this hint.  I also didn't have much confidence I would get any/all of these charges back.  I had not even thought about going in and canceling them but as soon as I read this, i checked the website and was able to cancel additional charges and already have email confirmation of the cancellation.  So once again, thank you for sharing.

yes thanks, I also went in and cancelled the WiFi and shore excursions that I had booked.  I didn’t receive any emails from Royal though other than the cancellation ones, is that because I didn’t ask for a refund?

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

yes thanks, I also went in and cancelled the WiFi and shore excursions that I had booked.  I didn’t receive any emails from Royal though other than the cancellation ones, is that because I didn’t ask for a refund?

If your cruise is within 30 days, it will automatically be cancelled and 125% FCC issued next week.  However, if you want a refund instead of FCC, you must request it.  Those impacted by the 30 day cancellations should have received an email from Royal with these options.  If your cruise is over 30 days away, you can cancel within 48 hrs of the departure date and get 100% FCC.  Either way- contact royal or your TA for options.

No one is receiving refund cancellation acknowledgment emails from royal, despite them saying we should..

Edited by Luxurycruise2
  • Like 1

I finally got through to rep after being on hold for three hours, was told it could take up to two weeks to get confirmation email. Unfortunately I canceled Sunday for a cruise that was to begin 3/22 so only got credit for what I paid towards next cruise. I politely tried for refund but no go, just be kind to the reps because mine sounded so tired. Not their fault.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

I finally got through to rep after being on hold for three hours, was told it could take up to two weeks to get confirmation email. Unfortunately I canceled Sunday for a cruise that was to begin 3/22 so only got credit for what I paid towards next cruise. I politely tried for refund but no go, just be kind to the reps because mine sounded so tired. Not their fault.

HUH???

Two weeks for a confirmation email??
Why are they stalling?

I cancelled a week again when they first announced. Received the FCC a week later but it weird.

My FCC went to my friends account but with my name....not a big issue, my friend sent me the confirmation # to use when I book.  I also received their FCC confirmation #. They have a family of 6 and one member received two FCC confirmation # and one person completely was not given one.

4 hours ago, BP99 said:

HUH???

Why are they stalling?

Answer I got was “due to the circumstances it’s taking longer “. I did get refunded drink and internet package within 24 hours 

I know that Royal Carribean is super busy. However they need to do a better job with communication. If they say an email is going to be sent confirming something, I would expect to see that email in a timely fashion or an update explaining the delay/ why it isn’t happening.

I canceled my packages in the cruise planner yesterday and hope to see those refunds soon. Not sure when I will receive a refund for the actual cruises, but will give it up to the allowed 30 days. Thank goodness I put this on my credit card which I have the right to dispute charges of canceled items.  Document everything!

Good luck y’all and stay safe!

1 hour ago, xcell said:

I cancelled a week again when they first announced. Received the FCC a week later but it weird.

My FCC went to my friends account but with my name....not a big issue, my friend sent me the confirmation # to use when I book.  I also received their FCC confirmation #. They have a family of 6 and one member received two FCC confirmation # and one person completely was not given one.

This is part of my rationale for refund instead of FCC - they rarely get it right and it’s applied wonky.

We cancelled our May cruise booked thru Big Box TA and received a confirm from the TA within 10 minutes of filling out the online form. 

Although, our confirm seemed correct, the cruise we booked for our Parents, does not seem correct. I called the Big Box TA, was on hold for 3 hours and the phone line hung up on us. 

Going to try today to see if we can get through. 

As a side question - once the FCC is assigned, where would we see this ?  In my confirm, it said it would be tied to our Crown & Anchor account, where on the account would it show ?

Also our parents did not have a C&A account - and the email says an account would be created - how do we get a confirm of the new accounts and what would their log ons be, so we can check their accounts as well ? 

Edited by CTCruiser76

I haven’t got confirmation email from RCI after submitting refund request online. I called them just now, and they don’t know when I could got the confirmation email, but just suggest me to contact my agent to re-submit the request. I did so. At least I expect to get confirmation email for refund from my agent. 

They are not sending email confirmations I was told because of the volume of rescheduling,etc.  Only giving conf # number.

I got through by phone in less than a minute, gave conf # immediately .  I document the day, time & person I talked to when

getting this information.  Refund in 3-5 or up to 7 days (business) i assume .

I'm not rescheduling for the forseeable future.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

They are not sending email confirmations I was told because of the volume of rescheduling,etc.  Only giving conf # number.

I got through by phone in less than a minute, gave conf # immediately .  I document the day, time & person I talked to when

getting this information.  Refund in 3-5 or up to 7 days (business) i assume .

I'm not rescheduling for the forseeable future.

I asked 2 agents I spoke with for a confirmation number and both said there is none. I can totally understand waiting time for phone calls, confirmation emails, etc. but they need to get their information straight. A confirmation number or no confirmation number, that is the question!!

11 hours ago, BP99 said:

HUH???

Why are they stalling?

Additionally, the app still shows the cruise and everything I ordered despite the website having updated the cancellation. 

• Like 1