Refund Confirmation Email - Did you get one?

12 hours ago, mariamtzj said:

So, if we booked our flight with Airtosea, that will also get cancelled automatically and get our money back?

We cancelled last weekend  (50%refund/50 FCC) and got our FCC email today. I called (got through in a few minutes) and asked when I’d get the actual credit to my credit card and she said within the next 7-10 days.  The rep was able to look up and tell me exactly what I’d be getting (which wasn’t the case last week when I cancelled) 

We had booked Air2Sea and she said we should be getting that refund to our card in the next week as well, since our tickets were refundable. 

Edited by hun

I just got off the phone with RC because I did not get an email either. We paid alot of money for our cruise and we are both looking to potentially be out of work now for maybe a month (schools are closed and we have no remote option). So it's ignorant of people to say "chill out, it will come". It's nice to be in that position, so please be kind to others that are trying to figure out how ends will be met without income for the next possible 4 weeks or more. 

Some clarification points I got from a really helpful RC agent (who I only waited maybe 10 seconds on hold to talk to). 

1- Full refunds will be issued in 30 BUSINESS days (not calendar) from the day you put in the request.

2-If you cancelled your OB activities (chops, ect) prior to cancelling your cruise, you will get that back in 7-10 business days. If you did not, see above.

3-Confirmation emails will not be sent for those in the "suspended" sailings- through 4/11. She explained this as the way the coding happens in their system. You didn't cancel your cruise, Royal did, so you don't get a cancellation email. If you were cancelling a cruise outside that window, you will get an email (makes no sense at all to me, but alas, that's what she told me).

Hopefully that reassures people during times that are already maddening. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ashmo8 said:

I just got off the phone with RC because I did not get an email either. We paid alot of money for our cruise and we are both looking to potentially be out of work now for maybe a month (schools are closed and we have no remote option). So it's ignorant of people to say "chill out, it will come". It's nice to be in that position, so please be kind to others that are trying to figure out how ends will be met without income for the next possible 4 weeks or more. 

Some clarification points I got from a really helpful RC agent (who I only waited maybe 10 seconds on hold to talk to). 

1- Full refunds will be issued in 30 BUSINESS days (not calendar) from the day you put in the request.

2-If you cancelled your OB activities (chops, ect) prior to cancelling your cruise, you will get that back in 7-10 business days. If you did not, see above.

3-Confirmation emails will not be sent for those in the "suspended" sailings- through 4/11. She explained this as the way the coding happens in their system. You didn't cancel your cruise, Royal did, so you don't get a cancellation email. If you were cancelling a cruise outside that window, you will get an email (makes no sense at all to me, but alas, that's what she told me).

Hopefully that reassures people during times that are already maddening. 

Thanks for your input. On the phone call, can they confirm that they received your refund request (shown in their system) even though they won’t send email out. Is there any confirmation number associate with it? Thank you.

14 hours ago, pineapple666 said:

Thanks for your input. On the phone call, can they confirm that they received your refund request (shown in their system) even though they won’t send email out. Is there any confirmation number associate with it? Thank you.

Yes. They can confirm the see the request for refund. There is no number associated with it (so they say).

On 3/15/2020 at 9:36 PM, hun said:

We cancelled last weekend  (50%refund/50 FCC) and got our FCC email today. I called (got through in a few minutes) and asked when I’d get the actual credit to my credit card and she said within the next 7-10 days.  The rep was able to look up and tell me exactly what I’d be getting (which wasn’t the case last week when I cancelled) 

We had booked Air2Sea and she said we should be getting that refund to our card in the next week as well, since our tickets were refundable. 

We canceled two cruises with our big box Warehouse TA on March 7th.  Just yesterday received confirm from Royal showing amounts of FCC received along with certificate numbers.

Part of one of the bookings included a Air2Sea flight - a trans-pacific on Qantas with a departure date in mid-May.  The airfare totaled $1,999 (just coach - cheapest fare available which I assumed was non-refundable) with Air2 Sea cancellation fee of $450. total.  So I went back and read the Air2Sea confirm carefully, and saw in very fine print that we had purchased refundable airfare, which was a surprise to me.  

I called Air2Sea yesterday (got thru immediately - no hold time) to inquire if this air reservation had been cancelled along with the cruise portion.  Apparently not!!  Representative said she take care of this immediately.  It took about 3 or 4 minutes.  Good news and surprise - the full amount of $1,999 is going back to our credit card, and should take from 7 to 10 days to show up.  I asked about that cancellation fee of $450, and she said that was being waived.

I cancelled Sunday, March 8th, late in the evening.   Was expecting a cancellation number email and never got one so I was becoming very antsy, but yesterday I got an email from Royal Caribbean with the FCC numbers and amounts (we booked directly with Royal Caribbean)

I've just received this email might help sum.

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

The situation regarding COVID-19 is so fluid and we understand you have a lot of questions. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you, but as you may imagine, we are experiencing high volumes and are behind.

We took the most frequently asked questions and answered them here. If the below addresses your concern or answers your question, we kindly ask for you to fill out our form here - this will help us feel like we have taken care of you and can close out your original note to us. We have all hands on deck and we’re doing everything to respond as quickly as possible, and this will really help!

Here are the top questions:

• What do I do if I’m affected by the global cruise suspension?
    • We’ve voluntarily suspended service with the intention of resuming our cruises on April 11th, 2020. We’ve sent an email to guests booked on cruises up to April 10th and some sailings that fall outside of this window that have also unfortunately been cancelled, with information about the automatic 125% Future Cruise Certificate (FCC). To forfeit your 125% FCC for a refund, please feel free to use this request form here. After doing that - you are done! We will process your request.
  • What is the status of my refund?
    • General Refunds/Reimbursements: Most refunds take 5-7 business days + the time it takes your bank to post to your account. If you have not received your refund by March 30th, please reach out to us.
    • Voluntary Suspension Refunds (sailings from March 13 - April 10): These refunds will take up to 30 days to process from your request date.
  • What if I had already cancelled my cruise with your Cruise with Confidence offer and now my sailing is cancelled, can I get the new offer?
    • You were in a unique situation and were able to make the decision to not travel based on your personal circumstances. Your FCC for 100% stands and you should be receiving that soon. The new offer is for the guests that still planned to travel, and are now being forced to cancel.
  • I just got home from my cruise and I see extra charges on my credit card statement. How can I get that refunded?
    • What you’re seeing are temporary authorizations or holds, under your pending charges. Those usually go away on their own within 5-7 business days. Timing may vary by banking institution, but ultimately we only charge one total amount for your onboard spend.
  • I emailed about my refund for the Quantum of the Seas cancelled sailings.
    • We kindly ask for your continued patience. We’re working on processing those refunds and we plan to have them all completed by March 31st, 2020.
  • Scheduled to sail after April 10th and have questions?
    • We fully intend to start sailing on April 11th and we can’t wait - we miss our guests already!
    • If we must impact any additional sailings, we will send out a communication advising you of this and your options.
    • If you cruise is between April 11th and July 31st and are unsure about sailing, you can still use the Cruise With Confidence policy and cancel up to 48 hours prior to your sail date for a 100% Future Cruise Certificate for use through December 31st, 2021. We put this in place to give you peace of mind to the very last minute and flexibility to plan your future sailing. If you are choosing to take advantage of this offer, please click here to begin the process. Once you complete the form – there is nothing else to do. We will process your future cruise credit.
  • I am missing points or have questions about my Crown and Anchor account?
    • Typically, Crown & Anchor Society points post about two weeks after the end of your sailing. For other inquiries, please know, we are working through our emails and we kindly ask for your continued patience.

If we were able to answer your questions with this email, please help us by clicking here - this will let us put a checkbox by your name and we can keep working on our queue. Otherwise, our team will contact you as soon as possible. If there are any updates to your specific sailing, we will reach out with any and all information we have for you. In the meantime, we kindly ask for your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We hope to welcome you onboard one of our ships under different circumstances very soon and wish you good health. And let’s face it – after this is all over, one thing is certain - we are all going to need a cruise vacation! Stay positive - and don’t forget to wash your hands.

For more information and updates on COVID-19, please visit our website here.

Sincerely,

On 3/15/2020 at 9:56 AM, Luxurycruise2 said:

I canceled my packages in the cruise planner yesterday and hope to see those refunds soon. Not sure when I will receive a refund for the actual cruises, but will give it up to the allowed 30 days. Thank goodness I put this on my credit card which I have the right to dispute charges of canceled items.  Document everything!

Good luck y’all and stay safe!

FYI, not sure if you received your refund yet, but I canceled my deluxe drink packages and excursions in my cruise planner on March 12th and got my refund back on my credit card today March 17th.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 5:51 PM, Ukigirl said:

I finally got through to rep after being on hold for three hours, was told it could take up to two weeks to get confirmation email. Unfortunately I canceled Sunday for a cruise that was to begin 3/22 so only got credit for what I paid towards next cruise. I politely tried for refund but no go, just be kind to the reps because mine sounded so tired. Not their fault.

I received an email from RCCL today stating that if you voluntarily cancelled your cruise you would get a full refund.  No mention of a credit. My TA cancelled my cruise Friday morning and I received the RCCL email Friday night stating that the 3/22 sailing was cancelled.  I submitted a refund form but I haven't received a confirmation.

Edited by laedw

Just received the FCC email from RCL for both our March and April cruises. The FCCs add up to what we paid less insurance and Taxes/port fees (which are supposed to be refunded directly to my cc). Have not received anything for our July cruises, but both of those should be refunded to my cc since they were both cancelled before final payment date. Very happy with the process so far.

Got our refund today for items we proactively cancelled in the cruise planner for our March cruise on Oasis. Just waiting on the cabin refunds.

Seriously doubt, anyone will sail in May on Harmony, but will wait on Royal to cancel that one too.  It’s really bad y’all.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had filled out the form online and have not received a refund confirmation. I had used Uplift for the purchase of this cruise and still have the loan to be paid. Uplift is asking for a refund confirmation so they can cancel the loan since I asked for a refund. 

I just spoke with an agent at RC and they are not giving confirmations for refund requests so I have nothing to forward to Uplift. I guess I will just have to wait and continue to pay the loan until something gets processed.

Yes I agree it is not helpful for someone to say "chill out" when waiting for this to be processed. People need to take into consideration that what once was money that was able to be spent on a vacation may no longer be vacation money due to unemployment etc. While I know that patience is key it can be stressful to wait for money that may be needed now due to unforeseen circumstances.

6 hours ago, BlushPell said:

I also had filled out the form online and have not received a refund confirmation. I had used Uplift for the purchase of this cruise and still have the loan to be paid. Uplift is asking for a refund confirmation so they can cancel the loan since I asked for a refund. 

I just spoke with an agent at RC and they are not giving confirmations for refund requests so I have nothing to forward to Uplift. I guess I will just have to wait and continue to pay the loan until something gets processed.

Yes I agree it is not helpful for someone to say "chill out" when waiting for this to be processed. People need to take into consideration that what once was money that was able to be spent on a vacation may no longer be vacation money due to unemployment etc. While I know that patience is key it can be stressful to wait for money that may be needed now due to unforeseen circumstances.

Exactly all I can say is good, I think there are many more in the same position but are afraid to say because they are afraid of being attacker by the sycophantic RC loyalists.

5 hours ago, DaiC01 said:

Exactly all I can say is good, I think there are many more in the same position but are afraid to say because they are afraid of being attacker by the sycophantic RC loyalists.

Shuold have read : "Exactly all I can say is good luck with that"

Isn't it amazing that RC can issue FCC within day / weeks but cant issue refund within 30 days, it all proves my point that they are resourcing  the FCC process rather than credit refunds. 

Edited by DaiC01

On 3/16/2020 at 2:29 PM, Midwestgal said:

People need to take a step back , you will get it. Do you have any idea how many people they are trying to take care of. Take a screenshot showing you requested a refund and chill. 

Out of interest are you waiting for a refund?

On 3/15/2020 at 12:12 PM, Monthend said:

My TA confirmed that it was cancelled after I answered email for refund. 

So did mine, but my June cruise is still showing up in the cruise planner.

3 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Yes I am. I was told 30 days 

Its a good job you are not desperate for the money then, I had an email off RC that my refund was be buy the 25th March only to receive an email informing me on the 26th march that the earliest I could expect it know was 13th of April, I'm not holding my breath.

It's outrageous that RCCL is delaying refunds by 30 days (or perhaps 30 business days as has also been mentioned). Clearly just an effort to defer negative impacts to industrial free cash flow and provide an opportunity for the company to continue to profit in the short term maturity market (while they hold our cruise fares from us, interest free).

I posted this in another thread, but it explains in a little detail what is really going on:

"The reality of the 30 day time frame is Royal Caribbean is delaying refunds to benefit its cash flow. No other reasons.

Refund processing at sophisticated companies like Royal Caribbean is an entirely automated thing. If they wanted to there is no barrier to providing all the refunds within 3 days of request. I know they are blaming "finance/accounting department delays" for the extra time but that is just a cheap line given to the front line customer service reps to recite to angry customers who are waiting weeks for refunds on cruises canceled by RCCL. 

I really don't like seeing situations where a company is using its customers as a bank when it has no intention on providing the service (because the cruise is canceled).

If cash flow is that tight at Royal they need to return to the bond and equity markets + suspend dividend and cut executive pay, followed by managerial and HQ staff (things that Carnival is already doing). I know we all love cruising (I've been on dozens) but let us not forget that this is a transactional business, we owe RCCL nothing. Further more RCCL has not ever paid a dime in Federal taxes because of its ability to operate in the grey with their foreign corporations all the while fleecing the American consumer and being head quartered in the US. Bad karma!  

And lastly, to the folks who say "what's the rush, you can't earn money in a savings account anyways" if we ignore the time value of money and simply consider the opportunities in the equity market (generational buying opportunity) or what's available in the CD or online savings account market - https://www.marcus.com/us/en (1.7% savings account underwritten by Goldman Sachs)  - you may have a different opinion once you are more aware of your options. Some may be eager to give RCCL an interest free loan but that's not me and it shouldn't be you either."

It's simply wrong what RCCL is doing. It's going to be tough for me to return to them once this crisis passes. I have two cruises cancelled by RCCL that I've not received refunds on for the past 20 days and another on X in November that I may cancel. 

I am a believe in tactical government ballouts, especially considering many in the last crisis yielded enormous profit for the government, but I am glad that the cruise lines were passed over in the most recent legislation. You have to pay in to get something back in times of need. 

• Like 2