Canada postponing cruising until after 7/31

BND

1 minute ago, Plum Happy said:

Unless I'm reading that wrong that discusses the first 2 cruises of the season in April that originate in Seattle are being cancelled as well as the Canadian ports being closed until July 1st.  Just trying to get conformation that our May cruise will be officially cancelled by Royal since we would not be able to call on a foreign port due to the Canadian closure.  As i'm understanding it now (and things are changing rapidly) Seattle will be open in May but the Canadian ports will be closed.

Thanks

Just now, JeffT237 said:

Unless I'm reading that wrong that discusses the first 2 cruises of the season in April that originate in Seattle are being cancelled as well as the Canadian ports being closed until July 1st.  Just trying to get conformation that our May cruise will be officially cancelled by Royal since we would not be able to call on a foreign port due to the Canadian closure.  As i'm understanding it now (and things are changing rapidly) Seattle will be open in May but the Canadian ports will be closed.

Thanks

Yes, they should be contacting you about this.  There are only two ports that I am aware that leaves on the Alaska cruise, Seattle and Vancouver.  Unless someone knows of another port they are going to use.  I would just wait for the email if you want a full refund.  Otherwise you would only get the FCC.

We are on the 12th sailing also, but we are taking a wait and see approach.  We just had our April 4th sailing cancelled, and this one looks like it may end up cancelled.  I would hope they do it with some advance notice, so we can get everything else cancelled and flights changed or cancelled.  We may find out how good our insurance is for some of the non-refundables we booked on our own.

6 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

Thanks

I changed the link to the first one with the date.

1 minute ago, Plum Happy said:

I would just wait for the email if you want a full refund.  Otherwise you would only get the FCC.

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

We are on the 12th sailing also, but we are taking a wait and see approach. 

Yes we are fully expecting for the cruise to be cancelled and will definitely wait for Royal to cancel it.  If Royal cancels it I would assume we would get the same offer that the passengers from the 30 day suspension received, full refund or 125% FCC.

1 minute ago, JeffT237 said:

Yes we are fully expecting for the cruise to be cancelled and will definitely wait for Royal to cancel it.  If Royal cancels it I would assume we would get the same offer that the passengers from the 30 day suspension received, full refund or 125% FCC.

I would say so.  They probably want to deal with the first rounds of rebooking/cancellations before they deal with the Alaska cruise.

2 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

That is what we are hoping to get.  We got such a fantastic deal on this cruise, we may need the 125% to ge something similar.

• Like 1

We have an Alaskan cruise booked for June 19th out of Seattle.  Even a few days ago, I was willing to pay my balance (final payment March 21) and wait and see how things played out.  With Canada closing their ports, it doesn't seem to make sense to do that any longer.  Is my best bet to call Royal to cancel?  If I do that, I think I should get my deposit as a FCC and then a refund for the balance that I paid.  Is that right?

10 hours ago, Plum Happy said:

Seattle's cruise port is closed until July 1st.  That leaves at least 10 weeks of sailing out of Seattle even less out of Vancouver.

Where have you seen that Seattle’s port is closed? Please provide your source. I have only heard that Canada closed it’s ports to ships with over 500 PAX.

On 3/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, BND said:

I'm still betting on all cruises being cancelled for a couple of months.  More and more ports are closing and more and more cruise lines are cancelling.

we are booked out of Seattle to Alaska, 5/28, my feeling is that will change

On 3/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, BND said:

I'm still betting on all cruises being cancelled for a couple of months.  More and more ports are closing and more and more cruise lines are cancelling.

My cruise is 97 days away to Alaska. Am I correct in thinking that if I cancel I get all my money back except for my deposit? This chart is from the TODAY Shows current cruise policies.
Screenshot_20200315-213127_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0f2e849557a1370ea53f0c9c0eb94868.jpg

This chart doesn’t apply for cruises through July 31 sailings. You will have 48hrs before your sailing date to cancel and receive FCC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

7 hours ago, Luvnthislife said:

Am I correct in thinking that if I cancel I get all my money back except for my deposit?

Assuming you paid only the deposit and have an NRD booking, you'll get an FCC less $100pp, though anything can happen once you talk to someone.

10 hours ago, Luvnthislife said:

My cruise is 97 days away to Alaska. Am I correct in thinking that if I cancel I get all my money back except for my deposit? This chart is from the TODAY Shows current cruise policies.

You will get all you money back except for your deposit.  All of your deposit will come back as a FCC as Royal is waiving the $100 pp fee for sailings up until July 31.