Cancelled cruise last Sunday through TA...still shows on HAL's website...should I be concerned?

Kfrech

As the title say, I canceled last Sunday through the big box TA. I was 97 days out, so opted for full refund. Received email confirmation from TA immediately and it was removed from my TA travel account. However, the reservation still appears on HAL's website. I haven't received any monies back yet. Should I be concerned about this?

There will be multiple steps to get to the end result. The unprecedented volume will hamper efforts.  Posts on the board reference a two-week timeline so I wouldn’t be concerned.  You have your confirmation.

Since you got the email from the big box TA, I wouldn’t worry.

I’ve been a little concerned because the big box TA’s cancellation confirmation had two issues. One was that the reference to the future cruise credit says we must book by March 31, 2020 (instead of the correct December 31, 2020) for travel commencing by December 31, 2021. Not too worried about that one since I have a copy of the HAL Coronavirus-altered canx policy.

Also the package price on the cancellation didn’t match the full amount we paid, and was short in their favor by more than $600. (Port taxes & fees, maybe? Those were $400, so if those are somehow to be credited as a refund on our credit card, there’s still an odd $200+ we paid not being credited.)

I think HAL & the TA  have all hands on deck plus temporary workers, just cranking out acknowledgments of confirmation as fast as they can to keep their heads above water and I have to trust it will eventually be sorted out. I can’t see waiting on hold for hours and tieing up agents right now about relatively minor issues for my cancelled 3/18 sailing when they have people stranded mid-cruise to take care of.

• Like 1

@Caribbean Chris

Not sure if it is the same but it might shed some light...... or not. I exercised my platinum CFAR, so this may not be the case. 

I cancelled yesterday via BigBox. We walked through the numbers- starting with the list price of the cruise (without the OBC), removed port fees and taxes, removed the cost of platinum.  Then took 10% off that number (giving the 90%).

Port fees and taxes are returned at 100%. Their total gets added to the 90% (above).

That is my calculated refund, and it matched what HALs system sent the BB.

My cancelled cruise of April 11-25, 2020  (cancelled by HAL when they cancelled the Asia sailing season at end of February) still shows on my bookings. My TA and myself have notification of the cancellation, the credits and I have already received all monies owing along with refund of HAL excursion which had been booked.

I think perhaps they are keeping these on record, in order to reference particulars, booking numbers, credits etc.    I assume these will time out, once the sailing date has passed.

As long as you have your paperwork, all is good.

Carol

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@Caribbean Chris

Not sure if it is the same but it might shed some light...... or not. I exercised my platinum CFAR, so this may not be the case. 

I cancelled yesterday via BigBox. We walked through the numbers- starting with the list price of the cruise (without the OBC), removed port fees and taxes, removed the cost of platinum.  Then took 10% off that number (giving the 90%).

Port fees and taxes are returned at 100%. Their total gets added to the 90% (above).

That is my calculated refund, and it matched what HALs system sent the BB.

Thanks Tioga. Our booking didn’t have HAL coverage (our insurance was through Travelguard) so it was a straight future cruise credit. No refund due except, I presume, the port taxes eventually. But your example should be helpful for people who had platinum CFAR, so thanks for posting.

Thank you for the responses. I’m not overly concerned; my PIF date was March 1st (to big box, but 3/13 to HAL). Right now the balance is just sitting on my credit card waiting to actually be paid by me (which of course I don’t want to do). I may just call the credit card company and initiate a dispute if I don’t receive a refund before the payment is due. 

8 hours ago, Kfrech said:

As the title say, I canceled last Sunday through the big box TA ... However, the reservation still appears on HAL's website. I haven't received any monies back yet. Should I be concerned about this?

IMO, no ... but since you obviously are, you may want to ask your TA when your money will be refunded to you.