WINDSURF ARRIVES AT PORT ST MAARTEN 3/14

2LoveToTravel

You would think that they would all cross to Europe. The Pride may go into dry dock sooner?? once that resumes....but the Surf and Star don't come back to the caribbean until November. Thats a long time  to be sitting in Panama....and totally missing Europe when it opens?

Based on what I’ve read, not sure there will be much of a Europe cruise season.

Spain has announced closure to tourists until year end as they phase in movement again and Italy has unofficially announced the same. Unsure if other countries in the vicinity are planning to open up to cruises this summer/fall. The Greek itineraries recently posted for the post-drydock Star Breeze are also no longer showing on the WS site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

54 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

Based on what I’ve read, not sure there will be much of a Europe cruise season.

Spain has announced closure to tourists until year end as they phase in movement again and Italy has unofficially announced the same. Unsure if other countries in the vicinity are planning to open up to cruises this summer/fall. The Greek itineraries recently posted for the post-drydock Star Breeze are also no longer showing on the WS site.

Your information may turn out to be right, but I have been unable to find any official announcements for Spain or Italy.  There is a discussion on this MSC thread 

but the sources cited are not government statements.  Post #25 from a Spanish resident says there has been no official announcement.  Posts #28 and 30 report on RAI reports that "Italy will open Bars, Restaurants and Hotels on June 1st."

2 hours ago, 2LoveToTravel said:

You would think that they would all cross to Europe. The Pride may go into dry dock sooner?? once that resumes....but the Surf and Star don't come back to the caribbean until November. Thats a long time  to be sitting in Panama....and totally missing Europe when it opens?

I doubt there will be a European season this year. Let's hope that cruises will resume by November...

38 minutes ago, ridethetide said:

I doubt there will be a European season this year. Let's hope that cruises will resume by November...

That would be most unfortunate . I guess we will have to wait for more information. Everyone is so anxious for this to be over....no one more than the cruise lines. But health and wellness has to come first.