Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

I am finding the current situation most confusing.

1. is or when will Regent be cruising again?

2. if they are or will be, how can we find itineraries?

3. If we want to cruise in the next few months, on Regent or a comparable line, are there any options open to us?

Edited by eliana

1 hour ago, eliana said:

I am finding the current situation most confusing.

1. is or when will Regent be cruising again?

2. if they are or will be, how can we find itineraries?

3. If we want to cruise in the next few months, on Regent or a comparable line, are there any options open to us?

As of today:

1.  Regent does not know it will begin cruising again.  The CDC has the ships on a "no sail" order that may or may expire September 15th.

2.  Some itineraries will likely change however, until it gets closer to when ships will resume sailing, no one knows which ports will be open and which will not.

3.  The major luxury lines that cruise into and out of the U.S. (Crystal, Regent, Seabourn and Silversea) will all resume sailing at the same time (best guess is December or January).

When sailing resumes, there will be reduced capacity on all ships (unless someone changes their minds - highly unlikely).  Passengers may or may not have to wear masks in some areas of the ship.  Lots of things will be changing.

There are some cruise lines that sail out of Europe that are sailing but you are more likely to know which ships those are.  Sea Dream Yacht Club is sailing -- they have two ships that hold a little over 100 passengers each.

We are all confused and there are simply no answers right now.

The CDC no sail order actually is thru September 30. The no sail order has already been extended twice and could be extended again so really no telling when regent or any other cruise will be sailing

Some ships are already going into an extended cold layup including NCLH which may include Regent ships and will delay sailings further. 

your chances of sailing are slim to none and slim has left the building. 

• Like 1

Slight correction - the CDC order runs through September 30.

https://www.ibtimes.com/cdc-extends-no-sail-order-us-until-september-30-3012985

I agree that there are no definitive answers at this point - everyone is putting forward their best guesses.  For examples, I'm seen absolutely no official indication that that the major luxury lines would start sailing at the same time. May not be a bad guess, but IMO that's all it is.  Perhaps all of the Big 3 will receive approval for all of their fleet at all levels to start simultaneously, but maybe not.  The CDC gives and the CDC can take away. LOL

Mariner arrived in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico yesterday.

Explorer set sail today and, curiously, is reported by MarineTraffic to be headed for Gibraltar

Where is this vessel going to?
The vessel departed from FERNANDINA, US on 2020-07-30 14:15 LT (UTC -4) and is currently sailing at 13.7 knots with East direction heading to GIBRALTAR, GI with reported Estimated Time of Arrival at 2020-08-09 00:00 LT (UTC -4) local time (in 9 days, 8 hours )

Splendor is moored in Aruba; Navigator in Genoa; Voyager in Livorno

Explorer probably just avoiding the storm.  Most of the ships around Bahamas heading to GOM.  Explorer too far north so probably heading due east; a somewhat dangerous maneuver known as "crossing the T."  She probably would have been perfectly safe tied up in Fernandina beach but it wouldn't be good if she got trapped there.

mrlevin: 

Ah, Crossing the "T".  Last, best-example:  WWII's October, 1944 Battle of Leyte Gulf.  Admiral Kinkaid, US Navy, so-arranged his "Big Gun" Battleships to bring maximum, and devastating fire upon an element of the Japanese Imperial Navy bent-upon transit to destroy MacArthur's Army units then-recently ashore at Leyte, Philippines.  Eliminate the covering US Navy units; then bring unopposed fire from 14" and 16" guns from those Japanese ships on Leyte Beaches.   

Crossing that particular "T" was just-one aspect of courageous actions by various US Navy elements during the greatest naval action--land, air, and sea, in the history of military conflict.  Bigger than Midway, or Jutland.  Given the evolution in warfare, such-a-like will never be repeated.   Just do a Google.  

But, it was a very close-run thing at Leyte.  Courage at key points was key to the American victory, and destruction of any significant remaining elements of the Japanese Navy able to prevent the Allies' later September, 1945 Victory in the Pacific.  Had opportunities both at Bremerton, WA; then a few-years' ago at Hawaii, to board USS Missouri.  Site of that surrender ceremony. 

When, and if, any of us who have not-yet done so have the opportunity for a visit to Pearl Harbor:  Do the USS Missouri tour.     

O.K.   Way, way off-thread.   But--given the current situation (we are now 0-3 as to any cruising either by French rivers, or Regent for the rest of this year)--what the heck.  

GOARMY!

• Like 2

Before being eviscerated on my latest:

Rear Admiral Jesse Olendorf should receive full credit for orchestrating that final "T" maneuver executed during evening hours of October 25, 1944 during Battle of Sarigao Strait.  Just one of many sub chapters in the Battle of Leyte Gulf.  His deft maneuvering of US Navy battleships saved many lives.

OK.  No more. 

GOARMY!

• Like 1

Looks like Explorer and Norwegian Sky and Gem are heading due east to cross the T; Norwegian Pearl is a little late in joining the rest of the ships heading for the Gulf of Mexico; I hope she makes it in time or they will have a rough ride.

Marc

Segmentersfloattheboat:

The following will be on-point to this Thread about where ships are.  More to the point:  Where a particular ship, Explorer, may be in early 2021.  Whether we will be able to meet at Tokyo next April for a pre-cruise segment before voyaging via Explorer (our favorite ship) to Vancouver, B.C. is now hanging on a slender thread. 

Will Explorer be able to complete several early 2021 segments, as currently shown, before Tokyo arrival?  Given the current total mess which has resulted in banning Americans from entering many foreign countries; and the Japanese Government's total focus on preserving the possibility of conducting the rescheduled 2021 Olympic Games in July, 2021:  No-way will Authorities take any chance as to a reintroduction of COVID-19 via cruisers into the Tokyo area in the few months prior to those Games. 

Therefore, I put our chances of meeting at Tokyo at about 25%.   And, I try to be optimistic.

GOARMY!

31 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Segmentersfloattheboat:

Will Explorer be able to complete several early 2021 segments, as currently shown, before Tokyo arrival?  Given the current total mess which has resulted in banning Americans from entering many foreign countries; and the Japanese Government's total focus on preserving the possibility of conducting the rescheduled 2021 Olympic Games in July, 2021:  No-way will Authorities take any chance as to a reintroduction of COVID-19 via cruisers into the Tokyo area in the few months prior to those Games. 

Therefore, I put our chances of meeting at Tokyo at about 25%.   And, I try to be optimistic.

GOARMY!

We are on the 3 segment before yours. I agree that the chances seem to be fading everyday. We had hopes of a vaccine in late December. But even if we have a vaccine, given your comments about the Olympic games, you may be right about letting us into the country.  ;( .

J

I have posted on this matter in some detail on that specific Explorer Roll Call; no need for a repetition.  We have made all preparations for that cruise, including independent air from SEATAC to Tokyo.  But--can still pull the plug in mid-November as to final payment if no vaccine is in the immediate future. 

GOARMY!

On 7/30/2020 at 8:31 PM, flossie009 said:

Explorer set sail today and, curiously, is reported by MarineTraffic to be headed for Gibraltar

Norwegian Epic is also shown as heading to Gibraltar 

Where is this vessel going to?
The vessel departed from MIAMI, US on 2020-07-31 12:32 LT (UTC -4) and is currently sailing at 17.5 knots with Northeast direction heading to GIBRALTAR, GI with reported Estimated Time of Arrival at 2020-08-10 01:00 LT (UTC -4) local time (in 7 days, 6 hours )

I wonder how many NCLH ships are still left in US waters?