Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Norwegian Epic is also shown as heading to Gibraltar 

Where is this vessel going to?
The vessel departed from MIAMI, US on 2020-07-31 12:32 LT (UTC -4) and is currently sailing at 17.5 knots with Northeast direction heading to GIBRALTAR, GI with reported Estimated Time of Arrival at 2020-08-10 01:00 LT (UTC -4) local time (in 7 days, 6 hours )

I wonder how many NCLH ships are still left in US waters?

So are Oceania Riviera and Sirena as well as additional NCL ships.  Something is afoot; hopefully we will find out on Thursday.

• Like 1

Wonder if any other NCLH ships will join their NCL and Oceana sisters, if this article is accurate.  Does this sound like cold lay up at all?   Wonder if the 2Q earnings report will shed any light.  Also wondering if the earnings report is being amended due to the weekend news.  

https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/main/five-norwegian-cruise-line-ships-in-curacao-ports-for-the-long-term/

2 minutes ago, greykitty said:

I will say I've learned a lot from browsing various forums, including respecting the expertise of people who really understand the technical aspects of ships and what descriptions may really mean!  

I doubt you will find any real experts here on this forum. Most of the people here are casual cruise lovers and frequent tourists. Technical  aspects are discussed in separate threads and forums, so I wouldn't try looking for any valuable information in here. Try cdc.gov

@SusieQft, you may have the winners there.  You and others posting may have hit all the points Frank del Rio alluded to in the earnings call yesterday and that this story seems to confirm.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/cruise-ships-depart-us-ports-for-european-lay-up

I guess people could play a guessing game about whether the ships currently dealing with repatriation efforts will join their sisters, or be kept more active in case the most hopeful predictions come true and a limited number of ships are able to sail in late 2020 or early 2021.  Certainly a logistical exercise few would have anticipated anytime in 2019.

5 hours ago, greykitty said:

@SusieQft, you may have the winners there.  You and others posting may have hit all the points Frank del Rio alluded to in the earnings call yesterday and that this story seems to confirm.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/cruise-ships-depart-us-ports-for-european-lay-up

I guess people could play a guessing game about whether the ships currently dealing with repatriation efforts will join their sisters, or be kept more active in case the most hopeful predictions come true and a limited number of ships are able to sail in late 2020 or early 2021.  Certainly a logistical exercise few would have anticipated anytime in 2019.

Sounds like if you have a cruise totally outside of US waters, in the Med say, there maybe a chance for the cruise to sail in 2020. A few months can bring a lot of improvements since there have already been some trail balloons in Europe.

Since the CDC seems to be  moving at glacial speed setting the terms to sail for the cruise ships in US waters, It will probably still be 2021 before anything sails out of a US port. 

We also don’t know what is going to happen with Covid spread in the Fall. Or if we will have a vaccine or some kind of treatment that really works. The scientist are making breakthroughs all the time...T cell knowledge, man made antibodies and the like. 

We just have to be patient and careful.

Edited by cwn
  • Like 2

Explorer is now anchored in the Bay of Gibraltar.

Navigator left Genoa yesterday and is now at anchor off Villefranche.

Splendor is on its way to Europe; due to arrive in Gibraltar on Aug 17.

Voyager still moored in Livorno, Italy.

Mariner still moored in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Explorer is now anchored in the Bay of Gibraltar.

Navigator left Genoa yesterday and is now at anchor off Villefranche.

Splendor is on its way to Europe; due to arrive in Gibraltar on Aug 17.

Voyager still moored in Livorno, Italy.

Mariner still moored in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

There have been a couple of recent changes:

Explorer has left Gibraltar and is heading to Brindisi, Italy with an ETA of Aug 13.

Navigator is now sailing back to Genoa and is due to arrive tomorrow.

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

And Mariner is staying on west coast so that it can be the first Regent ship to commence sailings in North America.

Marc

Marc, do you have some kind of inside information about when RSSC will start their cruises?  Does this mean that they think that the 2021 WC will sail from Miami?

47 minutes ago, Ladys Mom said:

Marc, do you have some kind of inside information about when RSSC will start their cruises?  Does this mean that they think that the 2021 WC will sail from Miami?

I never have inside information; this is just speculation on my part.  

• Like 1

Does any one know if the crew not under contract has managed to get home.....at least the Regent non essential crew. One news media story over the weekend said there were some 20,000(?) crew members still waiting to get home from RCCL and CCL ships in US waters even though they had sailed many back home.

NCL was not mentioned in the news piece. I know several CCL ships sailed many crew members from various ships home to some Asian countries....the captain of the HAL Amsterdam was bogging about his trials and tribulations dealing with the governments before he was able to be relived so he could retire.

14 minutes ago, cwn said:

Does any one know if the crew not under contract has managed to get home.....at least the Regent non essential crew.

I read that Regent Navigator took crew back to Europe and Norwegian Joy took crew back to Asia; both carrying crew from various NCLH ships.

Edited by flossie009