Where are the ships going now?

Mudhen

12 minutes ago, witt's end said:

Splendor is south of Ensenada and heading south right now. Repositioning? I hope this is encouraging.

If it's heading south to Ensenada could be going via the canal to New York--that was the next cruise.

One of our very first cruises was a 3 day on the RC Viking Serenade out of San Pedro to Ensenada and back.  We would be willing to take a 3 day out of San Diego and back on the Splendor.  Use up some of that FCC.  It doesn't have to stop as far as we are concerned.  But if it does, then pull into Ensenada for a couple of hours.  (Would not get off) If anyone at Regent is listening.

2 minutes ago, scuba diver said:

One of our very first cruises was a 3 day on the RC Viking Serenade out of San Pedro to Ensenada and back.  We would be willing to take a 3 day out of San Diego and back on the Splendor.  Use up some of that FCC.  It doesn't have to stop as far as we are concerned.  But if it does, then pull into Ensenada for a couple of hours.  (Would not get off) If anyone at Regent is listening.

It's not Regent so much as pretty much every government in the world right now.  Nobody is gonna let people congregate on a ship whether it stops at a foreign port or not.

As mentioned, Splendor will return "from roaming" a bit and will be back in San Diego.  Again, this is via my Splendor crew friend.

I am happy to report that crew is using La Veranda for meals and Meridian as their bar.  Also, Coffee Connection is open.  Nice for them.  They certainly deserve it.

• Like 2

UUNetBill,  my post was not serious.  It was meant as subtle humor.  Not funny enough for LOL.  I will put MASH (meant as subtle humor) from now on.  

I did see that Cuba has allowed a cruise ship to land.  I am willing to sail on the Splendor from San Diego to Cuba too.  MASH

36 minutes ago, catenai said:

As mentioned, Splendor will return "from roaming" a bit and will be back in San Diego.  Again, this is via my Splendor crew friend.

I am happy to report that crew is using La Veranda for meals and Meridian as their bar.  Also, Coffee Connection is open.  Nice for them.  They certainly deserve it.

Very happy to hear this...  you are absolutely right, they deserve it.

13 minutes ago, scuba diver said:

I did see that Cuba has allowed a cruise ship to land.  I am willing to sail on the Splendor from San Diego to Cuba too.  MASH

Maybe they could sail to the UK afterwards.  BANGERS

(not so subtle 'humor'...or 'humour'?)   😄

Last heard re Splendor.  Crew members from the Philippines and India will be flying home in a day or two.  Others will fly to respective home countries after that.  Flights may be out of LAX.  Ship is still docked in National City, lower San Diego bay, near Navy base.

2 hours ago, JMARINER said:

Mariner is on its' way to Hawaii from OZ. Expected to  be Honolulu on April 4. I assume that it is making its' way eventually to Vancouver for the Alaska season.

Maybe so; but how can Mariner go to Vancouver when all Canadian ports are closed?  I'm surprised she will be allowed to dock in Hawaii.  Joe

On 3/26/2020 at 2:37 PM, Joanandjoe said:

....how can Mariner go to Vancouver when all Canadian ports are closed?  I'm surprised she will be allowed to dock in Hawaii.  Jo

Since the Splendor is being allowed to dock in San Diego is would assume there would be no problem for the Mariner to stop in Honolulu. Since I doubt that the ship would only be stopping to take on fuel and supplies and not offloading anyone, I doubt it would be a problem.  Commercial ports are still open.

J

On 3/26/2020 at 9:15 AM, JMARINER said:

Mariner is on its' way to Hawaii from OZ. Expected to  be Honolulu on April 4. I assume that it is making its' way eventually to Vancouver for the Alaska season.

We still have a booking on the Mariner from Miami to San Francisco May 17-June 4.  Don't see how that cruise is going to work now, but we want to hang in there to find out if/when they will cancel as we prefer a cash refund to a FCC.