what ncl ships do you really want to sail?

OldestSurfer

Which ncl ships do you really want to book? Why?

I'm not huge on go carts, laser tag, virtual reality, etc but I certainly get their mass appeal. I wonder how many book specific ships due to exclusive features as opposed to just newness of ship, itinerary, cost, and so on.

I'd really like to book a ncl ship with full length broadway show in my entertainment wheelhouse(I'm kind of a jukebox musical guy). Add that to the Free at Sea (dranks! Specialty restaurants) and I'm a happy guy.

11 hours ago, OldestSurfer said:

Which ncl ships do you really want to book? Why?

I'm not huge on go carts, laser tag, virtual reality, etc but I certainly get their mass appeal. I wonder how many book specific ships due to exclusive features as opposed to just newness of ship, itinerary, cost, and so on.

I'd really like to book a ncl ship with full length broadway show in my entertainment wheelhouse(I'm kind of a jukebox musical guy). Add that to the Free at Sea (dranks! Specialty restaurants) and I'm a happy guy.

So, we like to be entertained. The big ships offer a larger variety of entertainment, including Broadway shows. 

The laser tag and other stuff don’t bother us. Others seem to obsess about it. “I won’t sail on a ship with laser tag”. Silly. 

In order: Joy, Bliss, Encore (all have an observation lounge). Escape (the other Breakaway Plus ship). Getaway, Breakaway, Epic (rounds out the big ships).   

• Like 2

1) Bliss (supposed to be 5/31 😞 )

2) Encore

3) Jewel

4) Pearl

5) Breakaway (scheduled for 5/2021 So. Caribbean)

I loved, loved, loved the Escape (Haven DOS) and my 4 days on the Sky (aft suite, prior to dry dock) were pretty amazing as well.  I definitely prefer a Haven suite  and a Thermal Spa (ship that has a Haven is a big +++).

The Joy.

My experience has been that NCL has jacked up the pool deck on just about every ship. I want to cruise on the Joy to see if that offset pool makes a difference. It seems that it would, curious to find out.

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

Been on Jewel and Gem, would like to sail on Pearl and Jade.

Would not be much difference there - all are in the JEWEL class.

The DAWN and the STAR are somewhat of similar size without the Haven.

The SUN SKY and the SPIRIT are smaller ships

All the rest are the floating amusement park hotel ships - - -

While the rides not as many like the Theme Parks -

the food and beverages are a bargain something that

the Disney Universal Knotts can't compete with.

YES would like to see more about the LEONARDO class ships !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The DAWN and the STAR are somewhat of similar size without the Haven.

The SUN SKY and the SPIRIT are smaller ships

Dawn and Star turned forward observation lounges into cabins, plenty of other reasons to avoid the Star.  Been on Sun and Spirit, enjoyed the cruises but not as much as the Jewel class ships

Have been on most of the current fleet (not Encore, Joy and POA), and a few not in the fleet anymore. My favourites are the Sun and Sprit. Also the Jewel class of ships. 

Of the bigger ships I prefer Bliss and Epic. 

the newest NCL ship I've been on is Escape, so I'd be very interested in sailing anything newer.  I also like the uniqueness of the smaller, older ships (Sky, Carnival Paradise) we've sailed.

we only booked the Epic and Sky due to cruises being the best bang for the buck at the time of sailing, but we loved each of them.  I'd go on the Epic again in a new York minute, the bathrooms are wacky but not a dealbreaker. Epic EASILY had the most storage in our cabin, and by a wide, wide margin.  that was nice.

Sky didn't have one of my (admittedly weird) favorite things - the ship gps info on cabin tv.  I hate to admit that I tune to that channel on a daily basis when cruising - half for the Caribbean music and half for the raw data.