Grand Cayman closing 60 days to cruise ships

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are a lot of ports closing for longer than the 30 days.  I think that it will be inevitable that the general cancellations by cruise lines will be extended beyond the 30 days. 

I was going to ask you what your opinion is on that.  Now I know😇

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are a lot of ports closing for longer than the 30 days.  I think that it will be inevitable that the general cancellations by cruise lines will be extended beyond the 30 days. 

Where did you read this?  Could you post a link of the article?

30 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Where did you read this?  Could you post a link of the article?

Every port in Canada closed to July 1

Port of Seattle closed to July 1 

Grand Cayman 60 days 

I'm sure more will follow.

The part about the cruise line cancelling more sailings beyond the 30 days is my own personal feeling based on Port closures and how events are currently unfolding.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Grand Cayman 60 days 

The part about the cruise line cancelling more sailings beyond the 60 days is my own personal feeling based on Port closures and how events are currently unfolding.

Where did you read that Grand Cayman was closing for 60 days?  I tried googling it, but did not find it.  I also went on the Grand Cayman cruise board, and did  not see anything there either.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Grand Cayman 60 days 

The part about the cruise line cancelling more sailings beyond the 60 days is my own personal feeling based on Port closures and how events are currently unfolding.

I agree.  I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like it's going to be longer than 30 days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Where did you read that Grand Cayman was closing for 60 days?  I tried googling it, but did not find it.  I also went on the Grand Cayman cruise board, and did  not see anything there either.

Ask the person that started this thread.  I took it from them. Regardless.  GC is a minor player in the grand scheme of things. 

3 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I agree.  I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like it's going to be longer than 30 days.

Absolutely.  Look at China, they are now reporting next to nothing for new cases and I bet it’s still over a month or more (optimistic) before cruises resume there. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Your not guaranteed a port. They can stay out to sea

but due to the Jones' Act, I thought they had to make port on atleast one other non-US location before being permitted back to the US to disembark.  Guess there could be a lot of sea days with a day in either Labadee or Coco Cay.

4 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Port of Seattle only canceled the 1st 2 cruises. Where is the link that said they will close till July 1?

No that was the first step.  Yesterday they closed until July 1 

edit..sorry I was going by what I saw posted here, maybe it’s not true as I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

In April you cannot  be guaranteed a port. Thats the thing. Baltic states, New Zealand and Scandinavia are closing their ports till like summer or smth. Latvia has just closed its border today, New has done the same yesterday. I would say the only viable paths at the moment are the ones located in the Caribbean and towards Russia lol. The most untouched regions at the moment. Or you can just stay at home 

2 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

I read the article too but it doesn't sound like Port of Seattle has decided to close till 7/01.

It sounds like Seattle is not officially closing, but will basically have no cruise ships because Canada is closing.

Edited by time4u2go