***** MSC: US Cruisers ***

Host Carolyn

17 hours ago, frannie said:

we are fed up with MSC cruise cancelled by msc and no refund yet 110 days . all emails i have sent to corporate bounced back not delivered . i think they shut their email system down for the executives . I sent a dispute to BMO mastercard for a chargeback will never deal with MSC again 

Yes, handled poorly.

17 hours ago, frannie said:

we are fed up with MSC cruise cancelled by msc and no refund yet 110 days . all emails i have sent to corporate bounced back not delivered . i think they shut their email system down for the executives . I sent a dispute to BMO mastercard for a chargeback will never deal with MSC again 

I do not see your point really, they are very clear about the refund policy; 

Due to extraordinary circumstances, MSC Cruises requests, in accordance with statements from and supported by authoritative organizations, to accept the compensation scheme in the form of a voucher worth the amount received by MSC Cruises. If you are unable to redeem it within 12 months of the date of the voucher, you should only contact MSC Cruises or your travel agent with a request for a refund of the value of the voucher after the expiration of this period .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maikell said:

I do not see your point really, they are very clear about the refund policy; 

Due to extraordinary circumstances, MSC Cruises requests, in accordance with statements from and supported by authoritative organizations, to accept the compensation scheme in the form of a voucher worth the amount received by MSC Cruises. If you are unable to redeem it within 12 months of the date of the voucher, you should only contact MSC Cruises or your travel agent with a request for a refund of the value of the voucher after the expiration of this period .

when MSC cancelled our cruise we  booked on the usa web site we were offerd a future cruise credit or  a full refund . We chose a full refund as we may never cruise again . We were told 60 days it is now 111 days and they keep pushing the date ahead . Our Travel agent has been told the refund has been approved but still no credit card refund . she keeps being told 7-10 days . that is my point . I am owed nearly $7,000.00 Canadian and i want it back . This cruise was booke before the canadian site was working and we want the refund. 

7 minutes ago, frannie said:

when MSC cancelled our cruise we  booked on the usa web site we were offerd a future cruise credit or  a full refund . We chose a full refund as we may never cruise again . We were told 60 days it is now 111 days and they keep pushing the date ahead . Our Travel agent has been told the refund has been approved but still no credit card refund . she keeps being told 7-10 days . that is my point . I am owed nearly $7,000.00 Canadian and i want it back . This cruise was booke before the canadian site was working and we want the refund. 

You have to wait, they can tell you what they want but is it right? What counts is the policy of this extraordinary circumstance, next year you will be the first to get your refund. 

Edited by Maikell
  • Like 1

next year i do not think so . i dont know where your from but the refund rules are full refund if requested see attached from MSC web site at the time of cancellation . 

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 5.22.08 PM.png

Edited by frannie

14 minutes ago, frannie said:

next year i do not think so . i dont know where your from but the refund rules are full refund if requested see attached from MSC web site at the time of cancellation . 

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 5.22.08 PM.png

I do think so. Does it says any timeframe after the request? I dont think so. They only say that your request will be issued after 60 days, that is not saying you will get a refund within this period of time.

You just have to wait, simple as that. 

Edited by Maikell
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 11:24 AM, caribbeanscout said:

Thanks, we just got the email yesterday saying it is cancelled. Right now we can re book for November, but are you guys saying they won't cruise for the rest of the year even though they are selling November cruises at the moment?

Sadly no one can answer this for you, there are too many variables.  You will have to research and decide for yourself if you think it will go.

I am one of the more optimistic folks on these boards and I booked for January of 2021, so a lot of your answers will probably tell you not to book the end of 2020. 

On 3/14/2020 at 6:15 PM, skings said:

Just received email from Norwegian Air that my flight was cancelled for 4/30 return CDG to MIA. No real information on what I need to do. Do Europeans airlines automatically give refunds? 

they cancelled my flight too. used the claim form as they requested have been fighting with them  for over 5 weeks  now to get my refund. they say they are giving it but horrible customer service you cant talk to anyone they just give the run round. we are contact the attorney general of Norway to see if they can help us......  

On 3/14/2020 at 5:18 PM, Host Carolyn said:

To discuss bookings, cancellations etc. relating to US market

Hi Carolyn,

Just wondering if you have had any experience with MSC and cancellations.  We booked with MSC for the World Cruise 2021 at the end of February of this year even though we had concerns at the time with COVID-19 (we booked while we were on a MSC cruise at the time.)   We put a significant amount of money down for a deposit as the MSC booking agent told us there were only a few cabins left and we could cancel up to the date the full deposit was due.  Fast forward to this week, when we have requested a refund of our deposit since is likely Americans can't get to Europe to board the ship in January.  MSC now says deposits for the 2021 World Cruise are non-refundable.  We have cruised with MSC for many years and this is the first time we have had problems with them.  We were given FFC for 2 cruises that were cancelled this year due to COVID-19, but when we tried to apply them to the World Cruise 2021, we were told we could only use 1 FCC per cruise.  I am very disappointed with MSC at this point.  We don't know if we should pay the full deposit (due this week) and hope the cruise gets cancelled, continue to fight with MSC over the deposit refund, or say good-bye to the thousands of dollars we put down for a deposit we were told would be refundable.  Any thoughts or advice?

• 1 month later...

On 9/7/2020 at 11:48 AM, VeganCruiser2019 said:

Hi Carolyn,

Just wondering if you have had any experience with MSC and cancellations.  We booked with MSC for the World Cruise 2021 at the end of February of this year even though we had concerns at the time with COVID-19 (we booked while we were on a MSC cruise at the time.)   We put a significant amount of money down for a deposit as the MSC booking agent told us there were only a few cabins left and we could cancel up to the date the full deposit was due.  Fast forward to this week, when we have requested a refund of our deposit since is likely Americans can't get to Europe to board the ship in January.  MSC now says deposits for the 2021 World Cruise are non-refundable.  We have cruised with MSC for many years and this is the first time we have had problems with them.  We were given FFC for 2 cruises that were cancelled this year due to COVID-19, but when we tried to apply them to the World Cruise 2021, we were told we could only use 1 FCC per cruise.  I am very disappointed with MSC at this point.  We don't know if we should pay the full deposit (due this week) and hope the cruise gets cancelled, continue to fight with MSC over the deposit refund, or say good-bye to the thousands of dollars we put down for a deposit we were told would be refundable.  Any thoughts or advice?

We've been waiting since mid March for a cruise credit to be issued under the cruise assurance program.  And, we are not the only ones in this situation.  Every MSC agent with whom we've spoken has told us we are eligible and have offered various explanations as to why MSC hasn't yet processed it.  I believe 7 months is a sufficient period of time to process what, essentially, is a paper transaction.  However, MSC appears to be unwilling - or incapable - of doing so.  Good luck with your situation but my advice is not to trust what a MSC rep tells you.  Google "MSC Fort Lauderdale Better Business Bureau" to read a set of similar complaints.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, drsel said:

😳 OMG, Shocking!

Just because you didn't buy anything?

If you had complained, he would have lost his job.

you should have told him that the US is one of the world's richest countries with a GDP way above all other countries

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does MSC reply to emails? I'm booked and want to upgrade my cabin. I tried to get through on the phone, but I was on hold forever and finally gave up. I remember pre covid, they would never bother replying to emails. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 9:05 AM, uCruiser said:

Does MSC reply to emails? I'm booked and want to upgrade my cabin. I tried to get through on the phone, but I was on hold forever and finally gave up. I remember pre covid, they would never bother replying to emails. 

It is unfortunate but imho MSC is absolutely, hands down, the WORST cruise line in responding to customers; they aren't much better in dealing with travel agents. IF and WHEN you are able to make coneection with MSC agents on the phone, they are not much help..and in FACT they do not have much knowledge about their own product and cannot give you answers to many questions which they SHOULD KNOW.  We were recently told "I think so" regarding covid-testing...what kind of answer is that?  If THEY don't know, then WHO should?  Perhaps these MSC agents need to take additional classes so they would be better equipped to answer some questions...and if you send emails, GOOD LUCK with getting a response.  We have not gotten a response in over 2 months from an email sent. 

So with covid on the rise and our cruise leaving from Miami where there is a governor who seems to think Covid and mask wearing is a joke AND MSC not responding to our email, or waiting 30 or more minutes to "get through" on the phone ( and then being put on HOLD and ultimately getting DROPPED), I give up.  This is no longer worth the time invested and not getting the authoritative answers one would presume you should receive from a reputable international cruise line! 

We have CANCELED our cruise; we thought we had a GREAT DEAL  BUT INEXPENSIVE , cheap or  bargain (however you want to phrase this) is NOT worth this behavior from MSC or any cruise line.

Goodbye MSC; we'll gladly cruise Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian any OTHER cruise line BUT YOU. 

I hope you learn your lesson MSC...and other SMART customers who have gotten the nasty treatment from you, will also think long and hard and evaluate IF their future MSC cruise is WORTH it! 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:20 AM, chrisgalwv said:

For all waiting for MSC refunds..... I was on the first cruise affected by COVID-19, the Meraviglia that sailed on 2/23/2020. The original 'coronacruise" that was turned away from all ports except Cozumel where we sat and waited 16 hours for clearance.

I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A REFUND. It's been a month and a week and still nothing. I have called 3 times and emailed more times than I can count, and get nothing but the runaround every time. I'm reading on here of people who have already been refunded for cruises they never even got to go on, yet here I am, one of the first and most affected and have gotten Z E R O money back or any help at all. Seriously considering getting legal representation at this point. 

Our first MSC cruise on the Divina was awful, and we swore we'd never go again. Cold food, terrible service, a rude room steward who never spoke to us, a much less took time to learn our names, a store employee who referred to us as cheap Americans. When MSC practically begged us for a second chance, we caved and booked this cruise, and this is the thanks we get. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER EVER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER WILL I STEP FOOT ON AN MSC SHIP AGAIN. E V E R.

Anyone else onboard having the same issue with these refunds? I'm looking for others who may want to join the fight. This is ridiculous.

to chrisgalwv...just wondering...YOU have "lived through" the ordeal of trying to get reimbursement/refund from MSC and posted on 4/3/20...what was your outcome? Did you get your refund and exactly how long did it take MSC to provide it for you? We have recently canceled our cruise and should be getting a refund/ not a voucher for a future cruise(thank God). I can patiently wait , within reason, for this refund...just wondering how long you needed to wait.

Any ideas you may have on the subject would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanking you in advance...

On 5/18/2020 at 6:00 PM, SmitteeB11 said:

I just called to check on my refund status and MSC told me they had no refund request on file. (I cancelled in Feb and requested a refund then)... So they were basically just holding my money hoping I wouldn't find out/care?

Pathetic.

My 60 days starts over today she said and there is no way to expedite it. 

Hi SmitteeB11...I just read your post of 5/18/20...I have been going through all posts trying to get info regarding refunds...and wondering if/when you received yours from MSC.  It appears these refunds promised by MSC have issues/problems for a very long time.  I have recently canceled our cruise which was to depart in October 2021 and have been promised our full refund BUT after everything that has transpired between us, our travel agent and MSC, I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe in MSC.  

I was wondering just how long it took you to receive the refund from MSC and was it for the full amount?

Please respond.

Anxiously awaiting...thanking you in advance !