***** MSC: US Cruisers ***

Host Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 10:22 PM, robenv said:

Hi SmitteeB11...I just read your post of 5/18/20...I have been going through all posts trying to get info regarding refunds...and wondering if/when you received yours from MSC.  It appears these refunds promised by MSC have issues/problems for a very long time.  I have recently canceled our cruise which was to depart in October 2021 and have been promised our full refund BUT after everything that has transpired between us, our travel agent and MSC, I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe in MSC.  

I was wondering just how long it took you to receive the refund from MSC and was it for the full amount?

Please respond.

Anxiously awaiting...thanking you in advance ! 

Been waiting for almost a year.  Our travel agent has been very patient but is about ready to drop MSC from future bookings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I totally forgot about a cruise that was canceled back in May. I got the FCC and noticed that it's expiring end of year. It was only $500, I wonder if I can still request a refund? Trying to call, and I have been on hold for an hour already.

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 12:24 PM, NevadaGuy said:

Supposed to cruise on 9/25 on the Meriviglia. Unable to download tickets. MSC claims my FCC is being "reviewed by management"? MSC current BBB rating is D-. Wonder what it takes for an F.

what is BBB rating, where can I find these ratings?

On 3/13/2022 at 8:25 AM, BVILady said:

what is BBB rating, where can I find these ratings?

The Better Business Bureau. It's a ratings agency for companies. Consumers can file complaints against companies. Corporate participation is voluntary. Take the ratings with a grain of salt. A high rating doesn't necessarily mean that disputes were resolved in favor of the company, just that the company responded and the BBB deemed the matter resolved. Businesses can also pay money to become BBB members, so there's perceived bias towards the company. That makes an "F" rating truly exceptional. Here's their profile:

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/fort-lauderdale/profile/cruises/msc-cruises-inc-0633-14001025

It seems MSC doesn't even acknowledge the complaints, and there has been a flood of complaints due to the long refund times during the COVID shutdown. So what you are seeing is just one side of the story. It would actually be very easy for MSC to boost their rating. My guess is that someone in Switzerland who should be directing US operations to assign someone to handle these complaints probably doesn't know what the BBB is, or why it is worth their time to fill out forms responding to the complaints.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have just booked our first MSC cruise but our 29 cruise. We have only paid a deposit so far.  We did fill out the status match form and will cruise in February, 23. 
Our question is regarding a transfer to a TA.  Does anyone have a suggestion where we can get the most benefit out of transferring this booking to a TA.

Thanks,

Sylvia & Joe

On 9/1/2022 at 12:42 PM, Buckeye Travelers said:

We have just booked our first MSC cruise but our 29 cruise. We have only paid a deposit so far.  We did fill out the status match form and will cruise in February, 23. 
Our question is regarding a transfer to a TA.  Does anyone have a suggestion where we can get the most benefit out of transferring this booking to a TA.

Thanks,

Sylvia & Joe

The biggest benefit I get from transferring to a TA is that they usually turn some of their commission into OBC for me.  The transfer was a gift to them, and they expended no labor on my behalf.  I suppose if something went drastically wrong (hasn't happened to me!), the TA can act as my advocate.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 2:32 PM, shipgeeks said:

I just noticed that Seaside will be sailing from Port Canaveral starting next Spring.  Yippee!

And MSC Seashore comes to PC in the Spring of 24!  Already booked!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 9:07 AM, PompeySailor said:

Just got off Seashore yesterday,  Miami Terminal E

Yacht Club was great, plenty of staff and the vibe was good.

Looking forward to trying Seascape next or Meraaviglia out of PC

Overall experience 9/10

Happy Days!

Hi...do you have to make reservations for shows ??

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 2:25 PM, indstate3333 said:

We sailed on the Seaside in 2019 and absolutely loved it.  We had an Aurea balcony.  We booked a cruise on the Seascape out of Miami for next September.  Seascape is the new sistership of the Seashore.

What all did you get with that experience on that ship? I know they can kinda very a little.

I know the Aurea experience has changed and many people are saying it is not worth the extra charge now.  Back in 2019 a drink package was included.  Priority boarding and any time dining was also included.  Back then, stateroom selection was also a big benefit.  I know any time dining and room selection are still benefits.  We booked Aurea experience again for 2023 because those were the best rooms still available and we need any time dining.  A free massage was also included in 2019 but we did not use it.  The aurea had its own section up on the top deck with its own bar.  Never a wait for drinks and there was always open loungers.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do they take birth certificate?  My wife and have passports but our 6 kids do not.  37 days away from embarkation. My MSC Concierge said BC is fine for my kids.  Only going to Ocean Cay. Can't do the web check in because it asks for passport or ID for my kids. 

14 hours ago, Kuzzinpaul said:

Do they take birth certificate?  My wife and have passports but our 6 kids do not.  37 days away from embarkation. My MSC Concierge said BC is fine for my kids.  Only going to Ocean Cay. Can't do the web check in because it asks for passport or ID for my kids. 

Birth Certificates are fine. Make sure they are certified. Helps if they have the raised seal. Just no photo copies. As to the web check in. Click on ID for the kids. Type in about 7 zeros. Then make the expiration in 2024. This should allow you to do the web check in. They can fix it at the terminal if they need to

• 3 weeks later...