Will Allure be AMPED?

So much speculation and too many unanswered questions.  It looks like the yard is posting that Allure will be repaired and sent on her way without being amped, no work on cabins or interior.  RCCL has been selling the Amped ship for some time now and since we are booked on Oct 25, 2020 and TA, much of our expectation is based on the "new" ship.  Now that may change dramatically which seems to change the value of the cruise.  With all of the uncertainty in the cruise industry now, who is to say Allure will even be in the Med in October.  Hopefully this question can generate some accurate information which I believe is in short supply right now.  I hope the rumors are all wrong and she will get her full amp refurb!

• Like 1

I booked both Explorer and Allure for this reason in December so agree with you that it would be very disappointing. These are very uncertain times.

Appreciate the financial aspect is probably the driver but it would seem to make sense to be doing lots of work on the ship's whilst they're empty for 30 days.  

• Like 2

The article in Spanish clearly says no Amp. 
So no slide, no extra cabins, no robot bars, Dazzles remains, the classy Champagne bar remains,  and the CL remains which is all good news for me. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

So no slide, no extra cabins, no robot bars, Dazzles remains, the classy Champagne bar remains,  and the CL remains which is all good news for me. 

AMP: Adding More Passengers

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

I booked both Explorer and Allure for this reason in December so agree with you that it would be very disappointing. These are very uncertain times.

Appreciate the financial aspect is probably the driver but it would seem to make sense to be doing lots of work on the ship's whilst they're empty for 30 days.  

Totally agree. Very difficult financial circumstances for the industry but I think RC are turning a short term (9-12 month) problem into a medium/long term disincentive. 

And yes, I have a vested interest. We’re hoping to be on Explorer in September but we booked that based on amplification taking place. Don’t know if we’ll still go. 

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Totally agree. Very difficult financial circumstances for the industry but I think RC are turning a short term (9-12 month) problem into a medium/long term disincentive. 

And yes, I have a vested interest. We’re hoping to be on Explorer in September but we booked that based on amplification taking place. Don’t know if we’ll still go. 

Apparently Explorer is still a go.

Asked Matt Hochberg of The RCL Blog via Twitter “Do you know if Explorer’s amplification is going on as scheduled?” and he said: “No reason to believe anything has changed.”

https://www.disboards.com/threads/where-do-cruise-ships-dock-during-the-hiatus.3796528/post-61679182

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

So much speculation and too many unanswered questions.  It looks like the yard is posting that Allure will be repaired and sent on her way without being amped, no work on cabins or interior.  RCCL has been selling the Amped ship for some time now and since we are booked on Oct 25, 2020 and TA, much of our expectation is based on the "new" ship.  Now that may change dramatically which seems to change the value of the cruise.  With all of the uncertainty in the cruise industry now, who is to say Allure will even be in the Med in October.  Hopefully this question can generate some accurate information which I believe is in short supply right now.  I hope the rumors are all wrong and she will get her full amp refurb!

Read a article yesterday that said Radiance and Explorer dry docks cancelled. Allure dry dock cut short by 30 days and only propulsion and maintenance issues to be performed, then Allure will sail back empty to Fll.  Hope not as we are also on both cruises. Question.. have you booked you flight, we were about to book last week with Air2Sea and decided to hold off.  Sea you onboard if all works out..

13 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Question.. have you booked you flight, we were about to book last week with Air2Sea and decided to hold off.  Sea you onboard if all works out..

Many of the Air2Sea flights are fully refundable (and no upfront payment) until final payment date.  I booked my flights for the TA back in December.

Edited by Another_Critic

21 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Read a article yesterday that said Radiance and Explorer dry docks cancelled. Allure dry dock cut short by 30 days and only propulsion and maintenance issues to be performed, then Allure will sail back empty to Fll.  Hope not as we are also on both cruises. Question.. have you booked you flight, we were about to book last week with Air2Sea and decided to hold off.  Sea you onboard if all works out..

We booked our flights for the TA in mid February, and not through Air2Sea, because I couldn't get it to work. They are non-refundable. We will still sail even without the amplification. But I guess if the transatlantic is cancelled, travel insurance will be picking up the cost of the flights. Darn! I was really looking forward to Portside BBQ and Playmaker's wings. :classic_tongue:

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We booked our flights for the TA in mid February, and not through Air2Sea, because I couldn't get it to work. They are non-refundable. We will still sail even without the amplification. But I guess if the transatlantic is cancelled, travel insurance will be picking up the cost of the flights. Darn! I was really looking forward to Portside BBQ and Playmaker's wings. :classic_tongue:

big + , best Diamond Lounge at sea will not be moved to the deck 4 dungeon 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Where is the article? 

1 hour ago, cheeriomom said:

Apparently Explorer is still a go.

Asked Matt Hochberg of The RCL Blog via Twitter “Do you know if Explorer’s amplification is going on as scheduled?” and he said: “No reason to believe anything has changed.”

https://www.disboards.com/threads/where-do-cruise-ships-dock-during-the-hiatus.3796528/post-61679182

Matt obviously did not read the post on here from a member who had a relative on board who said the drydock was postponed and they were now scheduled to sail around Freeport for the next 60 days stopping when needed to take on supplies. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just curious, what article stated that Allure will sail back empty to Florida after fixing the propulsion issue?  

8 hours ago, little britain said:

+1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The OP is citing much more than this article says. He´s talking about the dry dock being cut short by 30 days and no interior work. The Spanish article only mentions no cabin work. But it does not mention anything about the slides or other changes of the interior.

@taglovestocruise can you please provide a link to the article you´ve mentioned.

steamboats

18 minutes ago, misakr said:

Just now: Allure on the move! Heading to Hampton (USA) No AMP... 😞 

This is pretty strange... Hampton Beach doesn´t look like a port the Allure can dock or do anything else. And according to the AIS she´s supposed to arrive there in 4 days which would be extremly fast.

steamboats

Thought there was a good chance our Allure Sept cruise would go ahead as she was over here, now 🤷‍♀️. If she is going back to USA wonder if she will come back later in Summer. I guess it a waiting game. We purchased our BA tickets separately so may lose that money. Luckily they were very cheap

Edited by sgmn

All 2020 Allure cruises from Barcelona are still bookable (at least one minute ago). If Royal knows and decided already that the Allure is withdrawn from Barcelona and they still sell her Barcelona cruises, how shall one call that?????? Fraud????Collecting as much cash money as possible to ride out the storm?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, little britain said:

But not for the price we paid for our cruise in August ! We paid for an amplified ship !

• Like 5