Cruise Critic Community

12 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Still have my 1959 Barbie, Ken and Skipper dolls😉. Also have 1964 version of Trouble still in original box. My mom thought everything was going to be worth something.

We have original GIJoe figures, footlocker, jeep and space capsule with astronaut suit. I think around the same time. 

I have a box full of unopened original Tamagotchis from the 90s!!

55 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Still have my 1959 Barbie, Ken and Skipper dolls😉. Also have 1964 version of Trouble still in original box. My mom thought everything was going to be worth something.

We have original GIJoe figures, footlocker, jeep and space capsule with astronaut suit. I think around the same time. 

I have all those Joe's from my Brother in Law.

I had them back in the day.

Also have a Skipper of Laura's.  But her bangs were cut back in the day

10 hours ago, 2chiefs said:

image.png.4f8260b80f6c24ec958d4f57bb2c41e6.png

Gave our 2 year old grandson one of these that we had for our kids.  He's never seen a dial phone before, but when he was told it was a telephone, he knows that phones today play music, so every night he dials it to play a song for his stuffed animals.

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

Guessing they're dead by now. 😁

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

That's fabulous!

There were 6 of us & my mother was definitely from the school of "out with the old or there will be no room for the new..."

Edited by Von & John

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Guessing they're dead by now. 😁

Nope.  Never been activated.

2 hours ago, lovelife said:

Sorry, but my boys were in high school and college in the 90’s so I have no idea what they are. 

My little brother did the clothes pin a card to your bike frame so when it hits the spokes, it sounds like a motorcycle with my Roberto Clemente ROOKIE CARD!!!!!

He didn’t know better at the time, and is now a HUGE sports fan, playing fantasy NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL. 

Heck, I didn’t realize at the time what a bonehead move that was. I was just mad he took one of my cards without asking. 

17 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

My little brother did the clothes pin a card to your bike frame so when it hits the spokes, it sounds like a motorcycle with my Roberto Clemente ROOKIE CARD!!!!!

Oooooooh, my all-time favorite baseball player!

On 8/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, sandebeach said:

7F7A5599-1870-457F-B20F-49675DDA2BF7.jpeg

Years ago, we were at the airport to fly to Puerto Rico for a few days before our cruise.  We hadn't paid too much attention to the forecast beyond our day of departure, but when we saw Jim arriving in the airport, we knew it was going to be bad.  The snow started later that day, after we were safely in San Juan!  We watched his reports from our hotel room, he was only a few miles from our town .. we dodged a bullet ... er, a blizzard ...  for sure!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Von & John said:

That's fabulous!

There were 6 of us & my mother was definitely from the school of "out with the old or there will be no room for the new..."

I had two boys who were raised to donate their old toys to a church charity so those who didn’t have any would have some enjoyment. There was that one Transformer who broke down into five different ones and all the original Ghostbusters come to mind now and although they might have been worth something, some poor kids living in a neighborhood nearby had a really special Christmas that year and happy for them. 

When I was a youngster we would scrounge around the lot across from my Gram’s home for old shopping cart wheels, wooden milk boxes, some rope and long pieces of wood, bang out and straighten bent rusty nails and make a gocart to end all. Of course this was the early 60’s but it was sure fun. Would go back to those times now if I could in a minute. 

Edited by lovemycruisetoo

image.png.ee3a5d4f3902c9aad3cf3f350c953f45.png

On 8/20/2020 at 10:30 PM, John&LaLa said:

Lala on the right 

Yeah and if you look at them closely it's really pretty easy to tell which one is Hurricane Lala 😄😄

image.png.ba10e204282ee23604c4d376e4446299.png

4 hours ago, sandebeach said:

4E084B6A-19FA-412E-BD4D-5C83796B9338.jpeg

Hahaha...

I've been told I have a very expressive face...