27 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

119049082_10158055710302763_6533171552491070125_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=4HiPrT2TLhYAX9OboaL&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=b032a6337f94291a1af2f63a4810a83c&oe=5F811697

Great set up for Halloween - we will have something similar but will have this posted:

To receive your treat, and you are living within our neighborhood (1 mile radius) - you must comply with the following:

1) Documentation of a negative Covid test 24 hours before trick or treating

2) Signed waiver of any legal actions if contracting Covid from any treats received from said residence

3) Wearing of vinyl gloves when depressing the doorbell

4) Agreement to random temperature test

5) Removal of mask for facial recognition at the Ring doorbell sensor

6) One trick or treater per visit or if family related, you must be 6' apart

7) Treats will be candy that may contain milk and/or nuts / gluetin-free not available

😎 Approach the residence at your own peril - not responsible for any injuries on the property

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

A lot of our trees do change color in Jacksonville...generally about two weeks in December. And you have to know where to look!

Our palm fronds are turning color.............nice browns.............I've learned that they don't flutter down but land with a thud..............and leaf blowers don't work well with them.

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The Grammar Bar

• An Oxford comma walks into a bar, where it spends the evening watching the television, getting drunk, and smoking cigars.

• A dangling participle walks into a bar. Enjoying a cocktail and chatting with the bartender, the evening passes pleasantly.

• A bar was walked into by the passive voice.

• An oxymoron walked into a bar, and the silence was deafening.

• Two quotation marks walk into a “bar.”

• A malapropism walks into a bar, looking for all intensive purposes like a wolf in cheap clothing, muttering epitaphs and casting dispersions on his magnificent other, who takes him for granite.

• Hyperbole totally rips into this insane bar and absolutely destroys everything.

• A question mark walks into a bar?

• A non sequitur walks into a bar. In a strong wind, even turkeys can fly.

• Papyrus and Comic Sans walk into a bar. The bartender says, "Get out -- we don't serve your type."

• A mixed metaphor walks into a bar, seeing the handwriting on the wall but hoping to nip it in the bud.

• A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.

• Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They converse. They depart.

• A synonym strolls into a tavern.

• At the end of the day, a cliché walks into a bar -- fresh as a daisy, cute as a button, and sharp as a tack.

• A run-on sentence walks into a bar it starts flirting. With a cute little sentence fragment.

• Falling slowly, softly falling, the chiasmus collapses to the bar floor.

• A figure of speech literally walks into a bar and ends up getting figuratively hammered.

• An allusion walks into a bar, despite the fact that alcohol is its Achilles heel.

• The subjunctive would have walked into a bar, had it only known.

• A misplaced modifier walks into a bar owned by a man with a glass eye named Ralph.

• The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.

• A dyslexic walks into a bra.

• A verb walks into a bar, sees a beautiful noun, and suggests they conjugate. The noun declines.

• A simile walks into a bar, as parched as a desert.

• A gerund and an infinitive walk into a bar, drinking to forget.

• A hyphenated word and a non-hyphenated word walk into a bar and the bartender nearly chokes on the irony.

[PS – I had to look up 'chiasmus,' and I still don't get the last one!]

I love bar jokes. I only know two of yours.

Barjoke.jpeg

4 hours ago, Lady Chew said:

Not entirely accurate ... I was a teenager in the 70s ... we had cartoons in color when I was a little girl, and had been to many amusements parks in several states ... 

Same memories of cartoons in colour but also my Brother bought the first new car into the family in 1966,retracting seat belts were a new thing so wearing them & slamming on the brakes to see how well they worked seemed a fun thing to do!