11 Night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise Photo Review - Celebrity Reflection

Marvy Mare

Enjoyed your review... we were on the same cruise... Family thought we should cancel... but I thought we would thread the needle so to speak... we did cut it very close. While onboard I read online that there were 3 workers at port Everglades who came down with the virus... so we planned on self quarantining anyway.... we heard about the cancelation of cruises beginning March 15th on our drive home and then a few days later we were reading about Reflection turning around and coming home. So we really did cut things close. Before we left I actually stocked my pantry.... TP, canned meats, beans, rice, soup, noodles, pasta sauce etc. My husband and friends thought I was crazy.... but I am my father's daughter.. he was a big be prepared guy... I was glad I did... especially the TP. While I am pulling from the pantry... I do want to keep it stocked... cause you never know.  But the March cruise was terrific and one we will hold onto the memories of for quite a while. We were scheduled to be on a Dec cruise out of Tampa... just took advantage of the lift and shift program to move it to Nov '21. I want to hear back from people sailing to see if it is still an enjoyable experience... particularly before hitting the final payment date.  Anyway loved to relive the trip via your review.

Kearney

Yes it was a great cruise. We were very fortunate to get home before everything shut down. We totally self-isolated for the first two weeks. Hard to believe that we are still having to be distant three and a half months later. We still haven’t held our grandchild born the end of March. 
We haven’t booked anything else at this point. I would love to cruise again but sadly don’t know if we ever will. I can’t imagine wearing a mask and social distancing during a cruise. 
Keep healthy

Maris

• 8 months later...

A year ago today we were waiting in Fort Lauderdale to start our amazing cruise. We had no idea what the future would bring. But now I think we can see light at the end of the tunnel. We’re starting to watch cruise videos again. 😃

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

We were bummed that we had to cancel this sailing.  Have booked a bunch for early 2022.  Hope that works out.  

I'm going to start looking for 2022 cruises today. The temperature is going down to -19 C tonight and feel like - 29. That is why I love to be away at this time of year.

Maris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scrapcreator said:

I've enjoyed revisiting your photo review! We were on the February 10, 2020 sailing of the Reflection. We're looking forward to visiting the ABC islands on the Summit in October 2022.

I’ll have to take a look at that too, though I think it will be too early for us. No idea when we might be vaccinated. This is the time of year that I really feel the need to get away.

Maris

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Marvy Mare said:

I’ll have to take a look at that too, though I think it will be too early for us. No idea when we might be vaccinated. This is the time of year that I really feel the need to get away.

Maris

We were fortunate to receive both doses of vaccine as of 2/11.  Had not been aware of issue in Canada (our neighbor) until a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:We were fortunate to receive both doses of vaccine as of 2/11.  Had not been aware of issue in Canada (our neighbor) until a few weeks ago.

They are saying we’ll be vaccinated by July but I’m not optimistic. We have started looking at cruises but Celebrity is looking very expensive. I’m sure the cruise lines are hurting right now but the high prices are discouraging us. We may have to consider other cruise lines. 

Maris

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:We were on this cruise with you, I believe in the next cabin.  What I remember is being so thankful we had a supply of TP at home as the next time we could buy some was around June.

Were you in the corner suite? We were lucky too. We had made a trip to Costco before leaving on the cruise and had lots of essential paper products. 

Maris

9 minutes ago, Marvy Mare said:

They are saying we’ll be vaccinated by July but I’m not optimistic. We have started looking at cruises but Celebrity is looking very expensive. I’m sure the cruise lines are hurting right now but the high prices are discouraging us. We may have to consider other cruise lines. 

Maris

I agree on the cost factor.  We had a TA on Reflection this year at an incredible price.  Would not allow Lift and Shift as not same amount of days (maybe on purpose.)  Booked Royal Caribbean TA and also the Greek Islands  following.  Even if I buy a lot of drinks, add in tips, maybe buy wifi, pay for some Iaundry, I would still be paying less and booked a Junior Suite on the TA.

We  did a Baltics on Royal August of 2019 and had a great time.

We do have two winter cruises on Celebrity but one was Lift and Shift and the other was reasonable.

1 hour ago, Marvy Mare said:

Were you in the corner suite?

Yes.   When we were in the lounge waiting to leave the Suite Manager asked us if we wanted to stay for the next cruise as the suite was available as over 1/2 of the passengers had cancelled.  If we had stayed it would have been free as it was cut short.

No they didn't know at the time.  It was due to closed ports that it ended after I think 4 days.   I think they refunded the cruise and gave FCC for at least 50% of what you paid.   I remember not being too concerned when we left the ship but once at the airport and in the crowds it started to sink in.  It was sad to see the crew respond to the thought of a shutdown in the last couple of days worried about travel home and their jobs.

• Like 1