Cruise Critic Community
npcl

Australia announces 30 day ban on cruise ships

Looks like we have followed New Zealand in terms of self isolation for 14 days when you come into the country.

18 minutes ago, RecliningPanda said:

Well crap. We just left Napier. So we won’t be allowed to dock for 30 days or something 

Maybe the ship will stay in NZ and you will be flown home then have to go into 14 days self-isolation at home.

2 hours ago, RecliningPanda said:

Well crap. We just left Napier. So we won’t be allowed to dock for 30 days or something 

Just be thankful you are not on the Golden! They have three people in isolation from America who came on a flight with an infected person. NZ will want to off load all passengers back to their home countries ASAP and not have to look after all the sick people.

I am currently on the little forgotten Pacific Princess World Cruise 2020.  We are in the middle of the Indian Ocean heading to Fremantle, Australia where we apparently will not be allowed to dock.   Princess had planned to send us home from there.  But now WHO KNOWS ??????  The captain has not yet spoken about the breaking news.  We had not been told anything about a plan to send us home yet anyway.  We will be just floating around for a while it would seem.  WE ARE A SAFE SHIP and have not set foot on land since March 3rd.

Ok literally five minutes ago captain made an announcement sting we are not going to any other NZ ports. 
we are heading straight for sydney as advised by Australian government. I’ll post tomorrow when I have more detail 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RecliningPanda said:

Ok literally five minutes ago captain made an announcement sting we are not going to any other NZ ports. 
we are heading straight for sydney as advised by Australian government. I’ll post tomorrow when I have more detail 

Thank you.   I had just gotten a message from someone else on Ruby saying the same.

I was nervous for y'all after reading about the australian ban.

I hope you get to sydney, as that will help most passengers with their onward travel arrangements.

Edited by Roberto256

Just now, Roberto256 said:

Thank you.   I had just gotten a message from someone else saying the same.

I was nervous for y'all after reading about the australian ban.

I hope you get to sydney, as they will help most passengers with their onward travel arrangements.

It’s easy for me. I live in sydney. Like 30 minute taxi ride from the dock 🙂

Just now, RecliningPanda said:

It’s easy for me. I live in sydney. Like 30 minute taxi ride from the dock 🙂

Would you like to have a guest?   She's small.   Doesn't eat much...

🙂

1 hour ago, RecliningPanda said:

Marine Traffic shows arrival at Sydney, 19-March, 04:30

...which I assume is subject to any health screening, etc.

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

I am currently on the little forgotten Pacific Princess World Cruise 2020.  We are in the middle of the Indian Ocean heading to Fremantle, Australia where we apparently will not be allowed to dock.   Princess had planned to send us home from there.  But now WHO KNOWS ??????  The captain has not yet spoken about the breaking news.  We had not been told anything about a plan to send us home yet anyway.  We will be just floating around for a while it would seem.  WE ARE A SAFE SHIP and have not set foot on land since March 3rd.

Princess will find somewhere for you to dock and get you home.  Have they told you already that the cruise will be refunded to you like all the other cruises that have ended early.

Well we did a big u turn after Napier. Looks like we cutting across cook strait. And then two days until home chick should be Thursday. 
we miss three ports ( Tauranga, Auckland, and bay if islands) and two ful days off the cruise length. 

11 hours ago, hpeabody said:

What was the last port where you we able to actually get off the ship?  (I know you stopped in Colombo, Sri Lanka for a service stop.)  Just thinking if the last land you stepped on was Australia, they "might" still let you in.  🤞🤞

56 minutes ago, RecliningPanda said:

Well we did a big u turn after Napier. Looks like we cutting across cook strait. And then two days until home chick should be Thursday. 
we miss three ports ( Tauranga, Auckland, and bay if islands) and two ful days off the cruise length. 

Mr. Panda:

From MarineTraffic.com

Still shows arriving Sydney 19-March 04:30

Ruby_Sunday.jpg.9e7f7662f0aed5a9cf30094f04987398.jpg

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I would not press to hard to get off the ship.  If nobody is sick onboard then you might want to be quarantining from the rest of us.   If they have fishing poles and crab traps onboard I'd be tempted to find a sheltered uninhabited island and ride it out for awhile.   Maybe rename the ship "Noah's Ark."

I am almost serious.   Stay aboard a cruise ship or be locked in your home defending against toilet paper bandits..   Tough choice.

Any event that you think that you had to get back for has been cancelled.

Edited by NorthwestCruiser

17 hours ago, kb4683 said:

What was the last port where you we able to actually get off the ship?  (I know you stopped in Colombo, Sri Lanka for a service stop.)  Just thinking if the last land you stepped on was Australia, they "might" still let you in.  🤞🤞

They have indeed been given an exception according to CJ Hayden's twitter account as of 2 hours ago.  They still have no idea about being able to get off the ship when they do dock.  

We just got an update we will be back in sydney Thursday the 19th. Arriving 6am but disembarkation will be delayed for testing until about noon. We also got these letters from border force. 
no news on partial refunds yet

A4181F6D-B847-4DE8-A9DC-4F822D894FA4.jpeg

DA117475-D73F-4F3A-BD3F-62573C6DB31A.jpeg

26F5C423-5FF7-4C44-9C1C-E4C7A3B1ED22.jpeg

89F1454D-F81B-4B01-ABC8-98A60E472F33.jpeg

Happy for you, and well done Princess ❤