Aurora

Bin man

Whilst the delays to processing refunds (45-60 days) are inexcusable in my view (P&O, like many travel companies, are using private individuals money to shore up their cash flow), I am pleased to hear that those on this ‘cruise’ have been offered a full refund. 

A few years ago we did a ‘cruise to nowhere’ on Aurora. It was supposed to be a 2 nighter advertised as Zeebrugge for Bruges. Due to ‘Storm Brian’ we couldn’t berth in Zeebrugge so spent the entire cruise at sea going up and down the East coast before returning to Southampton having not been anywhere. P&O refused to give a single £ by way of compensation. It wasn’t the end of the World for us as we stayed on board for the following 7 night cruise, but I thought this was extremely short sighted of P&O. The 2 nighter had a lot of first time cruisers doing a ‘taster cruise’ and I should think that very few of them would have rushed to make another (longer) booking.

1 hour ago, crompton21 said:

Strangely enough, my view on what the end of the world constitutes doesn’t involve not docking in Zeebrugge because of a storm.

Nor mine. Perhaps you should read posts properly before making stupid comments like that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was just about to post about this too. As we were one of the first cruises to be impacted by Covid-19, I was hoping that we would be among the first to receive our refunds, but evidently not. I make it 37 days now since we left Southampton and 32 days since we returned there. Maybe because our cruise did actually begin, we've been put at the back of the queue. I hope it's not that P&O have screwed things up and we aren't in the queue at all! My impression was that we would be getting the refund automatically, and wouldn't have to contact P&O to claim it, so I hope that's right.

It's getting near the point where I may have to ring them up and be put on hold for an hour or two, in an attempt to get some information about when/if I will get my refund. I'm regretting stupidly not having kept the letter we were given before disembarking assuring us that we would be getting a full refund. I'd be grateful if someone would be kind enough to send me a PM with a photocopy of it.

Spoke to customer services at P&O on 7th April regarding refund for R003.

Whilst letter we received onboard advised credit cards will be refunded within a week, they said on 7th that it could be up to 60 days.

They checked our booking reference and confirmed that they do have our  respective card details for deposit and balance refunds to be made to.  We need to keep checking our accounts periodically to see if we've received the refunds.

15 hours ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Spoke to customer services at P&O on 7th April regarding refund for R003.

Whilst letter we received onboard advised credit cards will be refunded within a week, they said on 7th that it could be up to 60 days.

They checked our booking reference and confirmed that they do have our  respective card details for deposit and balance refunds to be made to.  We need to keep checking our accounts periodically to see if we've received the refunds.

Thanks. I appreciate that they are very busy, and also perhaps want to spread out the drain on their finances a bit, but that does seem a very long time. One would hope that, if they have your email address, you would also get an automated email to alert you, like you do when the ship has to cancel an excursion that you were booked on (as happened very promptly for all the excursions that I was booked on for this cruise).

• 4 weeks later...

Following on from our above #37 comment.

We are still awaiting refund too.

We did receive email response in April from Guest Relations in respect of customer complaint we had raised but, all that did was confirm up to 60 days for refund.

We have sent follow up email this morning requesting confirmation of date when refund will be on credit card (direct booking) as 60 days up this week.

We will update on here as and when we receive response from P&O.

1 hour ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

Following on from our above #37 comment.

We are still awaiting refund too.

We did receive email response in April from Guest Relations in respect of customer complaint we had raised but, all that did was confirm up to 60 days for refund.

We have sent follow up email this morning requesting confirmation of date when refund will be on credit card (direct booking) as 60 days up this week.

We will update on here as and when we receive response from P&O.

Beginning to feel frustrated now, particularly when I read others have received their refunds and seem were on later cruises than us.    Will give until end of week - when 60 days will have passed - and then think stronger words to the powers that be.

6 hours ago, englebert said:

Greetings all,

Still nothing..................

Almost the 60th day since we got back from our Cruise

of the North Sea !!!!!!!!

Same here.

4 minutes ago, Elaine0138 said:

We recieved an email this morning saying our full refund for R006 Aprill 11 cruise was proccessed yesterday. Funds not in bank yet. 

They seem to be processing them in more or less random order, then, which is frustrating for those of us still waiting for our refunds from our drastically curtailed R003 back in mid March. (Since we were given a letter onboard saying we would be given a full refund, I've been assuming that it was unnecessary for that cruise to fill in a refund claim form. I hope I wasn't wrong!)

13 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

They seem to be processing them in more or less random order, then, which is frustrating for those of us still waiting for our refunds from our drastically curtailed R003 back in mid March. (Since we were given a letter onboard saying we would be given a full refund, I've been assuming that it was unnecessary for that cruise to fill in a refund claim form. I hope I wasn't wrong!)

I think you’ll find they’re now telling people you have to fill a form in same thing happened to us on Azura with excursions despite them emailing us the cancellation and we’d be refunded automatically it doesn’t happen

3 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

I think you’ll find they’re now telling people you have to fill a form in same thing happened to us on Azura with excursions despite them emailing us the cancellation and we’d be refunded automatically it doesn’t happen

I did get my excursions refunded automatically, and very quickly too.

• Like 1

I've now filled in a refund claim form for my R003 cruise on Aurora, even though we were told during our truncated cruise that we would be getting a full refund and this was a week or two before P&O launched their FCC scheme. I figure it can't do any harm to claim, and better safe than sorry.

Spoke to P&O again this morning re. R003.

They confirmed that our booking has 'refund tag' against it dated 7 April. Up to 60 days from that date would take us to 6 June.

I said it is unacceptable that P&O took 3 weeks from our disembarkation of 16 March to apply refund request to our account and as a consequence add additional 3 weeks to timescale.

The lady I discussed with was very understanding and should be emailing relevant team to escalate. That team won't be working until Monday so presume it's Finance.

So, for anyone on R003 still awaiting refund it may be worth contacting P&O to double check you have 'refund tag' applied to your booking.

1 hour ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

They confirmed that our booking has 'refund tag' against it dated 7 April. Up to 60 days from that date would take us to 6 June.

I said it is unacceptable that P&O took 3 weeks from our disembarkation of 16 March to apply refund request to our account and as a consequence add additional 3 weeks to timescale.

The lady I discussed with was very understanding and should be emailing relevant team to escalate. That team won't be working until Monday so presume it's Finance.

So, for anyone on R003 still awaiting refund it may be worth contacting P&O to double check you have 'refund tag' applied to your booking.

Thanks for above.   Now getting a bit ridiculous - think I'll try phoning them on Monday.  I still cannot understand why some people on this cruise have had their refunds but seems the majority of us have not, maybe it may be something to do with "he who shouts loudest ..."

7 hours ago, RaspberryCremeBrulee said:

When you say "took 3 weeks from our disembarkation of 16 March to apply refund request to our account", do you mean that you had contacted P&O immediately following disembarkation to request a refund or were you, like me, relying on the assurance which we were given on board that everyone would be getting a refund?