alternate vacation plans

Fun4Us2013

28 minutes ago, elwood_98034 said:

I was reading a study in the Lancet today. 97% of patients that went onto a ventilator didn't survive. Another study had said 86%. This clearly isn't just the flu, and just because you aren't 80 doesn't mean you should be out licking door knobs. I fear that China may not have been entirely truthful with what they have been telling people. 

Ok, well I am hoping for the best for him and others. 

Also, sadly since people in various parts of the world now have the virus, maybe you will have access to more forthcoming info from other parts of the world about the virus.

Edited by blueslily

15 hours ago, elwood_98034 said:

I just got the call from my boss at work. I was exposed last Tuesday night. Didn't feel a thing. I'm really careful, but there is an idiot that I have to work with that seems intent on spreading it all around the hospital. Might have to shank her...

Hi really hope you are OK, all medical professionals are the real heros, selflessly putting themselves in danger to help and treat the sick, thank you for what you, and all other front line staff are doing.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 1:31 PM, cementhands said:

Interior painting of our home.
Yoga at home.

Walking and exercising at home.

Avoiding people.
Staying healthy and active while watching the wordometer.com daily updates.

We weresupposed to do Bermuda in May and Europe this fall. Not now.

Supposed to visit our adult kids out West. Not now.

Trying to convince 93 years old parents who are still in Florida to fly home to New England so we can help them.
We’re age 65 and higher risk factors. Adjust and stay home.
You can never get your health back!

10 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Hi really hope you are OK, all medical professionals are the real heros, selflessly putting themselves in danger to help and treat the sick, thank you for what you, and all other front line staff are doing.

No biggy Ziggy. Life is a rollercoaster. -Ronan Keating, 2000.

I have been buying my own PPE. I have probably spent close to $800 so far. If you have enough money you can still get masks and gloves. You just have to think outside the box. You order industrial N95's, and gloves from hardware suppliers, that are actually better quality than what we get at work, and you can wash them without taking them off. EMT's use them. 

What is bothering me though, is people are becoming risk adverse where I work. They are backing away from COVID patients. I'm talking dudes with young kids, who are trying very, very, hard to dodge dealing with them. It is understandable, but if you accept the paycheck, you need to be prepared to step up and share the burden. There were incidents on the weekend, and another that I was involved in last night.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, elwood_98034 said:

Just had a 50yo man come into work. At 3.00pm he was sitting up talking. At 5.00pm he was intubated with his eyes rolled back in his head. Sedated. On his way to the ICU now. Doesn't look good.

You can still buy N95's on Amazon. My wife ordered 20 friday for $180. Arrived yesterday.

Is there an update on this person that is ok to share here? The situation sounded sad.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, blueslily said:

Is there an update on this person that is ok to share here? The situation sounded sad.

No. Once care passes I am essentially forbidden to go into someone's chart unless I have a direct reason. HIPAA. Big fines, and unemployment for offenders.

I think we got a little off topic on this thread! My original plan is a late September Alaska cruise out of Seattle, plus 3 days in Seattle to go exploring. I have always wanted to go to Seattle, many of my favorite musicians are from there! But, I have to face the reality that this years vacation may not happen. I may not get a vacation as the situation unfolds, vacations for me  are not guaranteed. I am thinking of a stay-cation this year, if I even get a vacation, as I am already emotionally exhausted. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.