Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

Puerto Madryn in Argentina has refused our ship from docking today ... Our next stop is Montevideo, Uruguay but unfortunately Montevideo has blocked our ship from disembarking but OK to service the ship (getting new supplies) so no one can get off. Captain says all passengers will disembark in Buenos Aires Argentina on 19th. However, how we get back to US is now a big question since AA has cancelled all flights from Argentina. Since many passengers made travel arrangements with Princess EZAir, we are guessing Princess EZAir is working feverishly to get all passengers rebooked. We have so far received NO emails or notifications from Princess regarding flight cancellation and flight rebooking. Ship's customer service is also in the dark. Princess if you are reading this ... Please give us an update.

1 hour ago, YWW said:

Puerto Madryn in Argentina has refused our ship from docking today ... Our next stop is Montevideo, Uruguay but unfortunately Montevideo has blocked our ship from disembarking but OK to service the ship (getting new supplies) so no one can get off. Captain says all passengers will disembark in Buenos Aires Argentina on 19th. 

Thank you for posting the status.

1 hour ago, YWW said:

Puerto Madryn in Argentina has refused our ship from docking today ... Our next stop is Montevideo, Uruguay but unfortunately Montevideo has blocked our ship from disembarking but OK to service the ship (getting new supplies) so no one can get off. Captain says all passengers will disembark in Buenos Aires Argentina on 19th. However, how we get back to US is now a big question since AA has cancelled all flights from Argentina. Since many passengers made travel arrangements with Princess EZAir, we are guessing Princess EZAir is working feverishly to get all passengers rebooked. We have so far received NO emails or notifications from Princess regarding flight cancellation and flight rebooking. Ship's customer service is also in the dark. Princess if you are reading this ... Please give us an update.

Sorry to hear, things are changing by the hour as people get more and more visibility to the very difficult but necessary things to do... stay safe

Thinking of you all.

Hopefully flights will be found for all passengers..even those who have booked independently!!

Not wishing to spread alarm, but there may be a quarantine for everyone arriving in Argentina ! ( Read that all arriving passengers would be subject to 14 day quarantine, but that was before Argentina refused to accept incoming flights) Princess may be making different arrangements .

Best wishes for a speedy return home.

3 minutes ago, railman said:

It seems the best approach is to run the ship to FLL with passengers and without any port stops after loading supplies in Montevideo.  I wonder if Princess is considering that option?

Disembarking in FLL sounds good to us thus avoiding the problem with closed ports in South America. There are about 700 passengers with original itinerary ending in Brazil and Fort Lauderdale. This situation is very fluid so anything can change the last minute. So far our packed ship has been lucky with no reported coronavirus on board. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, YWW said:

Disembarking in FLL sounds good to us thus avoiding the problem with closed ports in South America. There are about 700 passengers with original itinerary ending in Brazil and Fort Lauderdale. This situation is very fluid so anything can change the last minute. So far our packed ship has been lucky with no reported coronavirus on board. 

There's nothing you can do but enjoy your cruise. Princess is doing the hard part, and as well as can be expected.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 2

I'm so sorry to hear this and hope you get back safely.

Port Miami was packed yesterday with ships disembarking passengers and I can see at least 8 right now.  Even the new Virgin ship came back into port.  

I would assume between Port Everglades and Port Miami, they would be able to disembark passengers here in Florida.

• Like 1

We are on the Coral also.  We were supposed to disembark  in Fort  Lauderdale.  We frantically started making  air reservations a few days ago. (NO EZair) We're on our third try.  First we had them then they were cancelled.  American has promised to refund our money but offered no help in booking new air.  Continuing on to Port Everglades would be fine but I'm afraid Princess will just go to Brazil and the whole process starts again.  Also there are many passengers on board who may not be allowed into the USA and have no wish to be there. 

I really hope we get into Buenos Aires.  At least the sun is shining today.

Cynthia

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

We are on the Coral also.  We were supposed to disembark  in Fort  Lauderdale.  We frantically started making  air reservations a few days ago. (NO EZair) We're on our third try.  First we had them then they were cancelled.  American has promised to refund our money but offered no help in booking new air.  Continuing on to Port Everglades would be fine but I'm afraid Princess will just go to Brazil and the whole process starts again.  Also there are many passengers on board who may not be allowed into the USA and have no wish to be there. 

I really hope we get into Buenos Aires.  At least the sun is shining today.

Cynthia

You might check about routing through Panama or Mexico City. Have flown through those two in the past to/from south America. 

1 hour ago, npcl said:

You might check about routing through Panama or Mexico City. Have flown through those two in the past to/from south America. 

Thanks,  right now we have flights through Lima direct to JFK.  We'll rent a car from there.  The captain seemed optimistic that we will all be leaving on the 19th in Buenos Aires.

9 hours ago, railman said:

It seems the best approach is to run the ship to FLL with passengers and without any port stops after loading supplies in Montevideo.  I wonder if Princess is considering that option?

Maybe they are, but they should probably disembark South Americans in B.A. and Rio and just return with others.  But then what to do with the Europeans and Aussies on board who also need to get home?  I am sure Princess will figure this out.  They know a thing or two.

I feel so bad for you and all those on the Coral. We disembarked her in Santiago on Feb 6th and feel we have a connection to her passengers and crew. I hope you are correct and no one develops symptoms. 
Assuming you are able to get off in Buenos Aires and aren’t required to quarantine for 14 days I would try not to stress too much if possible. BA is a beautiful modern city with many hotels and you should be able to get rooms where you can wait for the flights to be worked out. Easyair will eventually get you flights back home I’m sure and Princess will probably even cover all cost for the expenses you’ll have in BA. If not keep your receipts/records and be sure to file a claim ounce back home, assuming you have travel insurance. 
I will follow this thread and be thinking of you all until this ordeal is over. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YWW said:

Since many passengers made travel arrangements with Princess EZAir, we are guessing Princess EZAir is working feverishly to get all passengers rebooked.

This year I would use EZAir for any Princess cruise even if it costs more than booking air yourself.

In a case like this one, Princess will make the needed arrangements at no cost to you including a hotel room if necessary until the day of the flight(s).

• Like 2

I am on the Coral as well and last night we received a disembarking questionnaire but we are still waiting to receive our flight arrangements, we used EZair.  The Captain said no quarantine since we had been at sea 14 days which was some very welcome news.  At this point my biggest concern is arriving back in the US and going through Customs but hopefully by the 19th that delay in processing will subside.  

I cannot wait to get home.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wichard said:

I am on the Coral as well and last night we received a disembarking questionnaire but we are still waiting to receive our flight arrangements, we used EZair.  The Captain said no quarantine since we had been at sea 14 days which was some very welcome news.  At this point my biggest concern is arriving back in the US and going through Customs but hopefully by the 19th that delay in processing will subside.  

I cannot wait to get home.  

Good luck, keep us posted.  We want you home too.  

We should have been joining Coral on Thursday in Buenos Aires, but since cruise and flights have been cancelled obviously won't be. Following along with interest.

Glad to hear there will be no quarantine period for you.

We had booked flights independently as huge difference in price between that and Princess Air, and also have been to BA  and FLL previously,  and know our way about.

Now interested to know how others with independent flights are getting on, and whether internet is being made available for passengers to make alternative flight arrangements. 

We may have used up many/ most  of our ' free'  minutes by this time in the cruise ,had we been on the Santiago to BA leg.

Please keep us updated.

Wishing you well, enjoy the remainder of the cruise and safe journeys home.

2 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

We should have been joining Coral on Thursday in Buenos Aires, but since cruise and flights have been cancelled obviously won't be. Following along with interest.

Glad to hear there will be no quarantine period for you.

We had booked flights independently as huge difference in price between that and Princess Air, and also have been to BA  and FLL previously,  and know our way about.

Now interested to know how others with independent flights are getting on, and whether internet is being made available for passengers to make alternative flight arrangements. 

We may have used up many/ most  of our ' free'  minutes by this time in the cruise ,had we been on the Santiago to BA leg.

Please keep us updated.

Wishing you well, enjoy the remainder of the cruise and safe journeys home.

Yes, as of yesterday internet is free.  The front desk also let me call American when they cancelled our flight.

• Like 1

Captain has indeed informed us we will be docking and disembarking in Buenos Aires starting midnight 19th because our ship by then will have met the 14 days "quarantine" requirement before disembarkation. We had previously booked Buenos Aires city tour on the 18th and disembark tour on the 19th ... well those tours have all been cancelled for now and we've been issued airport transfer vouchers for the 19th. The actual airport transfer departure time will depend solely on our new flight arrangements which have not yet been related to us. The passengers with independent flight arrangements have a huge challenge to rebook their cancelled flights. We met two couples from Australia with independent flight arrangements back to Sydney but everything is now changed due to cancelled flights and changed disembarkation ports. We must commend the Princess staff on this ship for doing an excellent job of keeping us fed and entertained all with a smiling face when their own future is in the dark after all passengers have disembarked. They have no clue whether they are staying behind, going back home on an extended leave, ... Talked to a Head Waiter. He was supposed to meet his family and kids in Buenos Aires but now nothing is sure anymore. Yes, we are looking forward to going back home but we'll miss all the folks we've met on this wonderful and rewarding cruise.

• Like 2