festival

Traderbill

The festival is called Harbour Nights. It is every Wednesday from May 6, 2020 until August 26, 2020. It is a street festival that includes Bermuda’s iconic Gombey dancers. Starts at 7:00. Dancers parade down Front Street about 7:30. Ships docking  in Hamilton dock on Front Street so all you have to do if it is a festival night is walk off the ship and you are there. If you are docked in Hamilton on festival night I think it is worth it. There is no effort except walking off the gangway. 

For those reading this post who will docked at the Dockyard or St. George’s in a Wednesday I would say maybe. Last year I was in Bermuda two Wednesday’s. Once at the Dockyard and once at St. George’s and I didn’t go. But I had been to Harbour Nights several times in years past so I knew what it was. 

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 11:58 AM, Charles4515 said:

The festival is called Harbour Nights. It is every Wednesday from May 6, 2020 until August 26, 2020. It is a street festival that includes Bermuda’s iconic Gombey dancers. Starts at 7:00. Dancers parade down Front Street about 7:30. Ships docking  in Hamilton dock on Front Street so all you have to do if it is a festival night is walk off the ship and you are there. If you are docked in Hamilton on festival night I think it is worth it. There is no effort except walking off the gangway. 

For those reading this post who will docked at the Dockyard or St. George’s in a Wednesday I would say maybe. Last year I was in Bermuda two Wednesday’s. Once at the Dockyard and once at St. George’s and I didn’t go. But I had been to Harbour Nights several times in years past so I knew what it was. 

Thank you for posting the details.  We are in the planning phase of our trip to Bermuda via cruise ship when they resume.  This sounds like a fun event.

• 3 weeks later...

Aside fro  the Gombey Dancers, and there were not many, the night was a bust. we did eat at a restaurant along the route and the owner shared with us that we would be disappointed. It has changed  from what I heard it was. We were  there in July 2019.

Aside fro  the Gombey Dancers, and there were not many, the night was a bust. we did eat at a restaurant along the route and the owner shared with us that we would be disappointed. It has changed  from what I heard it was. We were  there in July 2019.

I like to watch the dancers and see and talk to the local artists at the festival. So that is 45 to 60 minutes. Between 7 and 8. Then I have some drinks at one of the pubs. Usually Flanagans. I don’t think Harbour Nights is a must do. If your ship is docked in Hamilton on a Harbour Night it is something to do. Otherwise as I said it is a maybe. I was in Bermuda two different cruises last year and both times I was there on a Wednesday. One of the cruises we were docked at the Dockyard on Wednesday and the other St. George’s on a Wednesday. I did not attend Harbour Nights either of those cruise. But I have been a few times. I could see people who never been and like street fairs going from the Dockyard and checking it out. Or visit Hamilton and stay for the evening. Harbour Nights does not have to be the main event.

Nothing has been announced but given the current pandemic I doubt there will be Harbour Nights this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums