When do you plan to rebook?

When do you plan to rebook?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. When do you plan to rebook:

• As soon as ships begin sailing again
    • Summer 2020
    • Fall / Winter 2020
    • 2021 and beyond

Thrown overboard for our B2B cruise cruise for March/April 2020. Already had cruises  booked for September 2020, a B2B cruise booked for March 2021 and another cruise booked for September 2021. Working on our March 2022 B2B cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

I cancelled a Princess cruise for this October, refunable deposit.  Then booked 4 RCCL cruises:  2 in November 2020, 1 in April 2021, and 1 in November 2021.

I had to book all 4 of them online myself through Big Box's web site, because their call center was a 3+ hour hold time.  I'll wait and talk to them later on about a few tweaks.

• Like 1

Just now, pcur said:

I cancelled a Princess cruise for this October, refunable deposit.  Then booked 4 RCCL cruises:  2 in November 2020, 1 in April 2021, and 1 in November 2021.

I had to book all 4 of them online myself through Big Box's web site, because their call center was a 3+ hour hold time.  I'll wait and talk to them later on about a few tweaks.

My wive's brother did pretty much the same. They cancelled their upcoming Princess cruise (they were demanding a full refund at first) and book another one with them for Autumn. Not sure whether they got insurance or something but I told to take care of it in advance. As I said earlier in the previous threads, I would rather choose not to go on  cruise at all but stay with cash in my pocket. I would rather choose a different thing to spend them on 

Was supposed to be boarding Anthem today for 2 consecutive 7-night cruises. I've already rebooked on Oasis 5/17/2020 and 5/24/2020. Figure that's a reasonable amount of time in advance for everyone to sort out things; we'll see if it happens. I've already got bookings on the 10/25 and 11/1/2020 Allure sailings, which aren't necessarily looking as likely to happen now, at least as the current itineraries are planned, and Anthem for 12/7/2020 and 1/4/2021. I'm kinda running out of slots in my schedule.

Was looking at possibilities in September, 2020; October, 2020; and December, 2020.  In my opinion, the most likely cruise for us to take is in January, 2021, simply because I'm not confident that the situation will have stabilized before then, and we're in a high-risk group.  To be honest, I'm not completely sure we'll ever be able to use the FCC from our cancellation.

Pat

1 minute ago, vistapat said:

Was looking at possibilities in September, 2020; October, 2020; and December, 2020.  In my opinion, the most likely cruise for us to take is in January, 2021, simply because I'm not confident that the situation will have stabilized before then, and we're in a high-risk group.  To be honest, I'm not completely sure we'll ever be able to use the FCC from our cancellation.

Pat

And that's what Royal is baking on in a lot of cases sadly. Its the only reason they put a time limit on them. 

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

And that's what Royal is baking on in a lot of cases sadly. Its the only reason they put a time limit on them. 

Always a time limit, normally one yr. Glad its lot longer in this situation. Anyone know how other Cruise Lines doing it?

Mapleleafforever, I would have a hard time arguing with you about that, though I think they would have had to put a time limit on them no matter what.  They represent an unfunded liability, and Royal have to have a way to account for it.  I've already mentally kissed the money goodbye, and if that turns out not to be the case, I'll smile a lot.

Pat

Edited by vistapat

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Was supposed to be boarding Anthem today for 2 consecutive 7-night cruises. I've already rebooked on Oasis 5/17/2020 and 5/24/2020. Figure that's a reasonable amount of time in advance for everyone to sort out things; we'll see if it happens. I've already got bookings on the 10/25 and 11/1/2020 Allure sailings, which aren't necessarily looking as likely to happen now, at least as the current itineraries are planned, and Anthem for 12/7/2020 and 1/4/2021. I'm kinda running out of slots in my schedule.

Think you will be very lucky to make May 17th  2020, but maybe you meant 2021? 

We are at the very beginning of this crisis. In the UK we are told  that the infection won’t peak here for about 10 weeks, so it is highly unlikely cruising will be back to normal by May 2020, especially as the US, like us, is only at the start of the outbreak. We are not expecting to be able to go on our May 23rd BTB cruise.

If the Caribbean or the Mediterranean are still locking down airports, ports and cities there won’t be anywhere to dock, and the very poor Caribbean Islands could be very badly affected, as their health service is practically non-existent. We really feel for them all.

Wishing you well, and good health, on your future cruises!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I've already rebooked on Oasis 5/17/2020 and 5/24/2020. Figure that's a reasonable amount of time in advance for everyone to sort out things; we'll see if it happens.

We took a chance and booked Oasis 5/31/2020.  Now that China is starting to open things back up and hopefully with warmer weather coming and an end to flu season, I’m hoping as well that we might have a chance for a sailing.  Time will tell.

The stoppage cancelled four of our booked cruises, and our next booked cruise is May 17. We intend to book at least one more for May/June 2021 while on board. Will probably also add a B2B on a few of our other booked cruises to use up some of the FCC $$.

As far out as my FCC will possibly let me book and/or not at all and just eating the loss.  Really depends on a lot more things than just if they are able to sail.  

Like if we have jobs and are able to pay 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

good luck!

NY is on pace for 10k Covid19 cases by 3/27.

How many will they have by 5/17 is the question. 

I just cancelled a long-planned Baltics cruise in July that I had already postponed from last summer due to family illness.  I'm also going to have to cancel another long-planned cruise in July with my grandsons to celebrate their high school graduation.  Plus my niece's wedding is in April and I'm thinking it's going to get cancelled too.  I've still got a December cruise planned, but I'm a little bummed right now on cancelling (again) things that were special to me.

My FCC will be applied to the December cruise but I think I'll wait a while before I cruise again after that.  I know it's not the cruise line's fault and my plans would be messed up even if we were planning to fly somewhere, but I'm just not in the mood for planning vacations right now.

45 minutes ago, jknc said:

good luck!

NY is on pace for 10k Covid19 cases by 3/27.

How many will they have by 5/17 is the question. 

This is what I'm wondering as well. "They" say it'll peak in the USA in 4 - 6 weeks, subside, then might peak again as we near the winter months. Of course, info is constantly changing so who really knows. Partly why I'm curious on when people are planning to rebook though I suppose many of us are waiting for our FCC to show up anyway before we do so.

• Like 1

I’m on the FCC boat as well. We had a great price on 7 night Oasis from Bayonne, a future value may only get us close to a 4 night Mariner/Navigator cruise. 

Far too many variables to rebook now. 

Edited by jknc