Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

"The Symphony of the Seas, which is part of the Royal Caribbean line, arrived this morning to aid in the repatriation of crew. Nation News understands crews are being transferred to other ships which are anchored offshore. Currently, there are five other ships from the Royal Caribbean line in Barbadian waters and the Independence of the Seas is expected to arrive tomorrow."

https://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/news/246563/biggest-cruise-liner-arrives

It certainly does, Leigh. šŸ˜Ŗ

Ā 

But I wish the cruise lines would be more upfront and honest about when it will restart instead of cancelling cruises in dribs and drabs. I realise they are trying to manage the refund situation but it's still frustrating.

• Like 3

I was listening to the radio and some experts said even with a vaccine it will be 2023 before we start to get back to normal.

@OzKiwiJJĀ cruise lines have always twisted the truth and they can see a cheap line of credit with unrealistic bookings.Agents are getting some revenue with fees.

Ā 

What Iā€™m thinking about the new ships that are currently being built and when they are delivered they have to be paid for. Most ships are around $1b each. Thatā€™s when the rot will set in.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ā 

But I wish the cruise lines would be more upfront and honest about when it will restart instead of cancelling cruises in dribs and drabs. I realise they are trying to manage the refund situation but it's still frustrating.

Ā It must be frustrating for those who have bookings and for those who are waiting for refunds or credits OzKiwiJJ.

Ā 

Leigh

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What Iā€™m thinking about the new ships that are currently being built and when they are delivered they have to be paid for. Most ships are around $1b each. Thatā€™s when the rot will set in.

The other thing I wonder with theĀ sale of some of the older ships , is wether they have actually been sold or returned the owners orĀ financiers of the vessels . Most cruiseĀ 

lines will have the shipsā€mortgagedā€ to the hilt and would be relying on cash flow to keep up the payments .

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Ā 

@OzKiwiJJĀ cruise lines have always twisted the truth and they can see a cheap line of credit with unrealistic bookings.Agents are getting some revenue with fees.

I don't think it's quite that simple and I don't think they are twisting the truth, just not being quite realistic enough. But, yesĀ  having some income coming in would help them but it's not necessarily a cheap line of credit - many offer 25% extra FCC if you leave your money with them . Also the costs of doing refunds must be quite high.

Ā 

But it would be nice if they'd announce cancellation of groups of cruises a few weeks before the final payment date for the first of those cruises, rather than leaving it to the last minute. Princess have been good in moving the final paymentĀ date from 90 days prior to 60 daysĀ priorĀ but there are a series of September Sapphire cruises that are coming up to final payment which are not going to happen, especially now with the Melbourne outbreak. Even if Australia suddenly changed itsĀ attitude to cruise ships there is no way they could get the ship prepped and crewed in time. And aat this point in time there would be too many risks doing an Australian cruise.Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

. Even if Australia suddenly changed itsĀ attitude to cruise ships there is no way they could get the ship prepped and crewed in time.

Yes ....preparing the ship would be a major. They need to order supplies well in advance . It would be a disaster if they ran out of food on the first cruise .Ā 

I had a laptop problem, so sorry for the delay in uploading theses. These where the last 3 Princess ships to leave Manila Bay.

Ā 

Pacific Princess is off to Port Klang, Malaysia:

Ā 

pacificprincess08072020.jpg

Ā 

Sun Princess is off toĀ Labuan, Malaysia:

Ā 

sunprincess08072020.jpg

Ā 

Sea Princess is off to Singapore:

sea-bridge11072020.jpg
Ā 

• Like 1

A lot of talk about Sun and Sea Princess being sold off, or even scrapped.Ā  Carnival Corp is getting rid of 13 ships across its fleets.Ā  It is written in the tabloids.

Wikipedia refers to them in the past tense ie:Ā Sun Princess was and Sea Princess was. I know Wikipedia is a poor reference but was? To me was is something when the ship has been paid off and already at the breaker's yard. Like HMCS Huron was a Canadian Navy destroyer from 1972 thru 2000, her hulk was used as a live fire target and sunk, she is now an artificial reefĀ off the coast of Vancouver Island. Was shouldn't be used for anyĀ ship that is still at sea with crew on board and life in her engines.

After the Big move off cruise ship there is now only 8 cruise ships at anchor Manila Bay:

Ā 

ships12072020.jpg
Ā 

The ships still at anchor in Manila Bay: Carnival Splendor, Costa Venezia, Costa Atlantica, Caledonian Sky, Sliver Muse, Costa Venezia, Costa Neoromantica, Costa Serena and Norwegian Joy.

Of the coast of Manila Bay some of the Carnival ships had a crew swap day:

Ā 

carnival-ships12072020.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Carnival Spirit is on her way to Singapore:

Ā 

carnivalspirit12072020.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Queen Elizabeth heading in to the Suez Canal

Ā 

queenelizabeth14072020.jpg

Ā 

qe15072020.jpg

Ā 

Queen Elizabeth is now out of the Suez Canal and heading for the UK šŸ˜ž

Ā 

queenelizabeth16072020.jpg

Ā 

2 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

After the Big move off cruise ship there is now only 8 cruise ships at anchor Manila Bay:

Ā 

The ships still at anchor in Manila Bay: Carnival Splendor, Costa Venezia, Costa Atlantica, Caledonian Sky, Sliver Muse, Costa Venezia, Costa Neoromantica, Costa Serena and Norwegian Joy.

Of the coast of Manila Bay some of the Carnival ships had a crew swap day:

Ā 

Carnival Spirit is on her way to Singapore:

Ā 

Queen Elizabeth heading in to the Suez Canal

Ā 

Queen Elizabeth is now out of the Suez Canal and heading for the UK šŸ˜ž

Ā 

Thanks for the updates.

• Like 1

Update - 19th July 2020
Ā 

Sorry I have not posted a full update for a few days, I have been watching what the ships have been up to off Malaysia and Singapore:
Ā 

Off Singapore we have at anchor:

• Costa Mediterranea
  • Carnival Panorama
  • Carnival Spirit
  • Sun Princess
  • Royal Princess
  • Pacific Dawn
  • Volendam

Ā 

singaporeships19072020.jpg

Ā 

[edit] I forget to add Ovation of the Seas is out of AIS range so I think she is still off Singapore, but Iam not sure... [/edit]

Ā 

Off Malaysia (Port Klang) we have at anchor:

• Pacific Explorer.
  • Celebrity Solstice.
  • Diamond Princess.
  • Sapphire Princess.
  • Ruby Princess.
  • Pacific Princess.
  • Island Princess.
  • Noordam.
  • Eurodam.
  • Golden Princess.
  • Zuiderdam.
  • Sea Princess.

Yes, Majestic Princess is there, she in the 3 image and is next to the Eurodam (her label is not showing).

Malaysiaships19072020.jpg

Malaysiaships1907202003.jpg

Malaysiaships1907202004.jpg

Ā 

Docked in Port Klang, we have the Pacific Aria and Crown Princess:

Ā 

Malaysiaships1907202002.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Radiance of the Seas does not want to be with the pack and is hanging out anchored off Hong Kong!

Ā 

radianceoftheseas15072020.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Manila Bay:

Ā 

There is now 8 ships at anchor in Manila Bay:

Ā 

Voyager of the Seas, Costa Atlantica, Norwegian Joy, Norwegian Escape (New!), Spectrum of the Seas and Caledonian Sky:

Ā 

ships1907202002.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Two of them Carnival Splendor and Quantum of the Seas have got to sea to make water.

Ā 

carnivalsplendor19072020.jpg

quantumoftheseas19072020.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just a quick mention on the Costa ships who where in Manila Bay, apart from Costa Atlantica,
Ā 
Costa Serena and Costa Venezia are now heading for Malaysia.
Ā 
and Costa Neoromantica has been sold toĀ Celestyal Cruises.
Ā 
costaships19072020.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
to add Ovation of the Seas note.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ā 

That's because no-one knows what the future has in store, even cruise ship companies. They what they can in an attempt to get some sort of cache flow to keep their heads above water for who knows how long. Acquiring deposits then converting to FCC is, IMO, borrowing from you, the cruiser, and hopefully repaying you by way of a cruise in the future. Interest on the loan could extend to OBC and other perks. Better than going to a bank, yes/no?

• Like 1