Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

36 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I see Viking have finally cancelled their 21/22 NZ/Aus season.  Who's left?  Princess and P&O?  Celebrity still has Jan/Feb 22 open but I can't see that happening.

They could be waiting until the 17 September, when the current cruising ban ends. Odd's on it will be extended for another 3 months.☹️

20 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I see Viking have finally cancelled their 21/22 NZ/Aus season.  Who's left?  Princess and P&O?  Celebrity still has Jan/Feb 22 open but I can't see that happening.

Princess has cancelled its Australia sailing till 19th December 19 (For the Royal, Coral, and Sapphire Princess).

and Princess have cancelled Emerald Princess entire session from Australia.

P&O Australia have cancelled there cruises till 17 December 2021.

Carnival have cancelled there cruises for the Carnival Splendor till 15 November 2021 and Carnival Spirit till 21 November 2021.

But I am expecting Carnival to cancel more cruises so they are the same as P&O Australia soon!

We are also waiting to see what Royal Caribbean and Celebrity does.

and Norwegian Cruise Line still thinks they will be sailing in 2022!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal and celebrity are being pretty stubborn about canceling.

Pacific encounter is off to the Mediterranean, I don’t know what they would do with it there if it’s been Australianised.

6EB8B4A3-D007-44D9-A0AC-96C1C0AF4D67.thumb.png.43e5a21ab5c55a47dd828e664d328350.png

Been redeployed I reckon, it could work under the Princess or P&O UK umbrella.

A short update for today - 25th July 2021:

Radiance of The Seas has now arrived in Limassol, Cyprus and is now anchored off the coast:

radianceoftheseas24072021.jpg

Pacific Encounter has now left Singapore and heading for Limassol, Cyprus via the Suez Canal:

Pacific-Encounter-24072021.jpg

On 7/24/2021 at 3:46 PM, By The Bay said:

They could be waiting until the 17 September, when the current cruising ban ends. Odd's on it will be extended for another 3 months.☹️

Which will still be irrelevant as those lines have already cancelled their cruises up to 19th December.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see that the Pacific Encounter and Pacific Adventure are almost ready to transit the Suez Canal while the Pacific Explorer has just arrived in Manila (maybe crew related).

Sapphire Princess is now at Limassol while Diamond Princess is almost there.

Will have to check on them more regularly.

• Like 1

Just did a check on our Carnival ships.  Carnival Spirit is still in Dubai although she seems to be at a different berth.  However Carnival Legend has slipped away and is now in the Western Mediterranean at Marseille.  Quite a few other ships over there from various cruise lines.

Sapphire is now off Limassol and Diamond is almost there.

Pacific Encounter is currently in Limassol, while Pacific Adventure/Golden Princess is currently in the Suez Canal enroute to Trieste Italy. Pacific Explorer is in Manila.

Carnival Splendor at sea with Dubai as its destination along with Spirit.

It seems that Pacific Explorer will be the start up ship if the suspension is lifted in December, as it is the only one in the region. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ondine said:

Just did a check on our Carnival ships.  Carnival Spirit is still in Dubai although she seems to be at a different berth.  However Carnival Legend has slipped away and is now in the Western Mediterranean at Marseille.  Quite a few other ships over there from various cruise lines.

Sapphire is now off Limassol and Diamond is almost there.

Legend in Marseille dry dock awaiting her new livery, I believe the Spirit will also make her way there for her new colours, Dubai is a cheap lodgings for the Carnival brand ships. A1D5DE9C-5445-48BA-A6D6-2511602B77A2.thumb.jpeg.5dae88430faa978ee03f82c0cd156595.jpeg

8 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Cruise New is reporting that P&O Australia has no confirmed restart plan. 

Will be interesting when the next round of cancellations starts.

Cruise Capacity Restart Projections for the Major Companies by the End of 2021 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

A month till the cruise ban comes up ,I think it will be extended.

Thats December 17 ,we might see a ship or two after that.

Hopefully,with the governments 4 stage plan they will announce where cruise ships come into it.

34 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Cruise New is reporting that P&O Australia has no confirmed restart plan. 

Will be interesting when the next round of cancellations starts.

Cruise Capacity Restart Projections for the Major Companies by the End of 2021 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

It is impossible to know when cruising will restart in Australia. It all depends on when the Government's, Federal and States, agree. I cannot see overseas ships arriving until the 22-23 season.☹️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Who knows uncle Les but Gladys is predicting 80% vaccinated by November.

Gladys seems to have conveniently forgotten ( or is deliberately ignoring) the fact that this Delta variant can still be spread by vaccinated people. 🙄

And November will be too late. My guess is that the cruise lines will need to make a decision by the end of September. The way things are going, in NSW in particular, if any cruising does restart here it may only be out of Brisbane, only going to Queensland ports, and possibly restricted to Queensland passengers only.

12 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I saw the interview with her.  She has given up, hasn't she.  You can tell because she keeps talking about getting back to "normal".

I watched about two minutes of her waffle then had to stop before I threw my phone at the wall! 

What is it going to take for her to actually do something constructive. There are a number of ways she could tighten up the lockdown:

- masks required at all times outside the home or private vehicle.

- a curfew from 9pm each night

- A maximum of one hour for exercise. Remove the mention of "outdoor activity" which can mean anything.

- 5km movement limits everywhere

- permits required for all essential workers to go outside 5kms from their homes and spit checks made.

- people who have more than one residence must choose one as their residence for lockdown and will not be permitted to travel to their other residence(s).

- construction work only to have 25% of workers on site, and no more than 5 people on small sites.

- ring fence the Sydney basin with checkpoints on every road out of there (there aren't actually that many). Restrict movements as much as possible, perhaps with pop-up checkpoints, in other areas experiencing outbreaks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

I saw the interview with her.  She has given up, hasn't she.  You can tell because she keeps talking about getting back to "normal".

I wouldn’t like her job, there’s no rules book to follow.

I think the plan is to get to a high % and control it like the seasonal flu.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I wouldn’t like her job, there’s no rules book to follow.

I think the plan is to get to a high % and control it like the seasonal flu.

But there are examples from other states that have proven tough lockdowns work better than wishy-washy ones. But whe won't, or can't, be seen to be taking their advice because they aren't Libs.

She's living in a fantasy world if she thinks vaccinations are going to solve her problem. That might have been true with the original strain but not with the Delta variant. Just look at what is happening in the UK!