Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would be nice. What's the itinerary?

Lisbon to Capetown, west coast of Africa, not sure if it will  proceed or if it does, whether we can go or if it stops at all the ports. Africa is a basket case, high sickness, low vaccination  rates mainly due to supply of vaccines.

42 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Lisbon to Capetown, west coast of Africa, not sure if it will  proceed or if it does, whether we can go or if it stops at all the ports. Africa is a basket case, high sickness, low vaccination  rates mainly due to supply of vaccines.

That would be very interesting but maybe not a good choice for Nov 2022. 

Marine Traffic is showing that Voyager of the Seas has left Port Klang, Malaysia  and heading to the Suez where she is due on 05 Oct. This leaves only Spectrum in Hong Kong/China and Quantum in Singapore. It will be interesting to see how the deployments plays out for Singapore and China in 2022, with Wonder now going to Florida.

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Marine Traffic is showing that Voyager of the Seas has left Port Klang, Malaysia  and heading to the Suez where she is due on 05 Oct. This leaves only Spectrum in Hong Kong/China and Quantum in Singapore. It will be interesting to see how the deployments plays out for Singapore and China in 2022, with Wonder now going to Florida.

It will be interesting to see if spectrum starts in China.

From what I’ve heard,China has stopped issuing exit visas to the general public.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

It will be interesting to see if spectrum starts in China.

From what I’ve heard,China has stopped issuing exit visas to the general public.

Just saw of Facebook posted by Hong Kong Cruise Society that Royal has cancelled the first 3 sailings on Spectrum. 

#RoyalCaribbean once again pushes back the resumption of operations on #SpectrumOfTheSeas for its Hong Kong seacation cruises. In just two weeks before the departure of the first voyage, it is announced that three sailings on 5th Oct (3N), 8th Oct (2N) and 10th Oct (4N) will be cancelled. The vessel will only set sail starting from 14th Oct. Affected passengers will receive notifications and compensation details today.

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

Just saw of Facebook posted by Hong Kong Cruise Society that Royal has cancelled the first 3 sailings on Spectrum. 

#RoyalCaribbean once again pushes back the resumption of operations on #SpectrumOfTheSeas for its Hong Kong seacation cruises. In just two weeks before the departure of the first voyage, it is announced that three sailings on 5th Oct (3N), 8th Oct (2N) and 10th Oct (4N) will be cancelled. The vessel will only set sail starting from 14th Oct. Affected passengers will receive notifications and compensation details today.

3 reasons I think they and carnival will pull out are 

China’s restrictions on exit visas ( nothing to do with Covid)
They are American companies.   (I know the ships aren’t registered there)

The looming financial situation.

Edited by Chiliburn

On 9/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, woodscruise said:

Costa is pulling out of China.( Singapore c society)

From what I can work out with the exit visas is the brain drain as over 1k a month ,companies relocating.

image.thumb.jpeg.d35947863b8383731410887be7e5c1b9.jpeg

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Genting ,a Malaysian company is the last.

Costa ,a carnival group brand has pulled out and I believe RCG won’t be far behind.

Bring spectrum here over winter.

Do you think Spectrum will be based in Singapore replacing Quantum?

And is the China & Carnival joint project still going ahead?

36 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Do you think Spectrum will be based in Singapore replacing Quantum?

And is the China & Carnival joint project still going ahead?

Without the Chinese getting exit visas, the economic and security outlook.

I can’t see much happening in Asia.

For me at the moment,it looks like spectrum will probably go to Singapore as quantum goes to Alaska.

I can’t see a oasis class as there isn’t the market for the big ships.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 10th October 2021

Pacific Explorer - AIS is currently not updating, but its looks like she is/was on her way from Manila to Singapore. Hopefully her AIS will update soon!

Celebrity Solstice - AIS is currently not updating!

Pacific Adventure - still docked in Trieste, Italy:

pacificadventure10102021.jpg

Pacific Encounter and Sapphire Princess - still anchored of Limassol, Cyprus:

Limassolcruiseships10102021.jpg

Voyager of the Seas - has joined Pacific Encounter & Sapphire Princess anchored of Limassol, Cyprus:

Limassolcruiseships1010202102.jpg

Carnival Spirit - decide to go and stretch her legs of the coast of Dubai:

carnivalspirit101021.jpg

Carnival Splendor still docked in Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

carnivalsplendor101021.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas - Still docked in Cadiz, Spain:

radianceoftheseas10102021.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse - Is now anchored off San Diego, California:

celebrityeclipse10102021.jpg

• Like 1

Pacific Explorer is just south of Quantum of the Seas, not going anywhere at the moment.  I haven't been checking since she left Manila.  When she left Manila she was bound for Changi which I assume was to do a crew exchange from the airport.

Just a quick update for this morning: 🙂- 17th October 2021:

Pacific Explorer - has left Singapore and is currently heading for the Suez canal and I suspect she will be heading to Limassol, Cyprus to join the Pacific Encounter and Sapphire Princess:

pacificexplorer13102021.jpg

Celebrity Solstice - Has check in and is currently anchored of the Changi Anchorage, Singapore:

I guess she is getting resupply.

celebritysolstice17102021.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 9:11 AM, By The Bay said:

Coral Princess is on its way to Port Everglades. A long way from Brisbane.😌 Not looking good for her coming to Oz.

image.png.b10b71d38fa5c904f87a8af39dff7cfc.png

On 10/27/2021 at 5:59 PM, woodscruise said:

I read somewhere that she was going to Europe for dry docking in December.

It would take less than a month for Coral to get to Australia from Florida so there is plenty of time. I doubt the new itineraries Princess are promising will start before mid-March.

I've heard that rumour about a dry dock but unless it was a recent booking it would have been when she was scheduled to be in Australia for our now-abandoned 21/22 season, so I think it's unlikely to be true. Even if it is she still has time to have the dry dock then get down here for mid-March.