Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Kiwi Kruzer or Kiwi_cruiser 

Could you please follow Captain Jonathan and Amsterdam, returning home via South Africa to Fort Lauderdale, US?

I love Captain Jonathan's blog which gives a unique behind the scenes view of the work of a cruise captain.  This was to be his last cruise before his well earned retirement.  As he says, one he will never forget.

You can easily do this yourself through cruisemapper.com. Simply select the relevant cruiseline and it will show all of their ships worldwide. You can then zoom in to individual ones and click on their tag for more details.

1788980649_Fullscreencapture24032020131025_bmp.jpg.e05f0263a2168019ebf75ab4a0ecb32a.jpg

2 minutes ago, boeckli said:

You can easily do this yourself through cruisemapper.com. Simply select the relevant cruiseline and it will show all of their ships worldwide. You can then zoom in to individual ones and click on their tag for more details.

1788980649_Fullscreencapture24032020131025_bmp.jpg.e05f0263a2168019ebf75ab4a0ecb32a.jpg

Thanks.  That is probably above my pay grade.  However, I'll add it to my "Things to Learn List" to save bothering David, whilst I'm in self isolation. 

Yes . Using the cruise mapper is the best way of tracking the cruise of Amsterdam . Although they have a bridge cam which they broadcast through the ships TV system they do not put it up on the net . Likewise the ports do not have cams that would show the ship .

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Yes . Using the cruise mapper is the best way of tracking the cruise of Amsterdam . Although they have a bridge cam which they broadcast through the ships TV system they do not put it up on the net . Likewise the ports do not have cams that would show the ship .

And I found that cruisemapper also shows those that come up on marinetraffic as "out of range" - unless you have a paid marinetraffic subscription, which I don't. (Found that handy as I was following Norwegian Jewel on her way to Honolulu).

59 minutes ago, boeckli said:

And I found that cruisemapper also shows those that come up on marinetraffic as "out of range" - unless you have a paid marinetraffic subscription, which I don't. (Found that handy as I was following Norwegian Jewel on her way to Honolulu).

59 minutes ago, boeckli said:

That’s good to know .I only use the free sites.

Somewhat interesting, but very slow, watching movements of the boats on marinetraffic or real life.

A couple of days back watched Viking Orion weigh anchor and head into Station Pier. Last evening it returned to the anchorage.  Vicports now has it listed there until 30/4.

QE did a longish trip eastwards, but still showing awaiting command.  Now returned to Gladstone.  I guess it went to very deep water to discharge waste.

• Like 1

Two cruise ships underway on east coast.

Sea Princess bound for Brisbane & Radiance of the Seas bound for Port Kembla anchorage.

Pacific Dawn is at Grain berth in Brisbane - was she not suposed to have gone to Singapore in March for CMV? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Sea Princess bound for Brisbane & Radiance of the Seas bound for Port Kembla anchorage.

Pacific Dawn is at Grain berth in Brisbane - was she not suposed to have gone to Singapore in March for CMV? 

That was the Eden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaDog-46 said:

I just saw a ship heading outbound across the Bay. Is it the Sea Princess or the Pacific Dawn?

PS I had a look at the bridge cams. The Sea Princess just shows water - she is at sea. The Pacific Dawn is definitely in the Bay.

PPS. Forget my post about the bridge cams. It looks like they are not being refreshed. I don't know where the ships are.

Edited by Aus Traveller

The MS Statendam became the Pacific Eden in 2015 and then the Vasco De Gama last year.

The Star Princess became the Arcadia in 1997 and then became the Ocean Village in 2003 and then became the Pacific Pearl in 2010 and then the Columbus in 2017.