Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

7 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

When is the Coral Princess going to leave America and head to Brisbane before its first cruise on the 16th June? As soon as the announcement was made that cruise ban was lifting, the Pacific Explorer went full steam ahead to get down here ASAP. Come on Coral.

At a guess I'd say that the Pacific Explorer getting here the day the cruise ban expired was mostly a PR exercise. She won't be ready for cruising for a month or more. The crew will have to be flown out to Sydney over the next several weeks.

Coral probably intends to crew up before she leaves North America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

When is the Coral Princess going to leave America and head to Brisbane before its first cruise on the 16th June? As soon as the announcement was made that cruise ban was lifting, the Pacific Explorer went full steam ahead to get down here ASAP. Come on Coral.

Yep, to have the ban end on an Easter Sunday, allowing them to cruise in on Easter Monday with no fares on public transport was a great stroke of luck for them to aim at. Unlike Princess, the P&O ships have a few of their crew to be assembled from the Pacific, and easiest to fly them into Sydney. At the end of the day, they were going to be hanging around somewhere till cruise resumption. 

For now, Coral is close to Ft Lauderdale for any service calls and boarding of crew. I guess they will allow something like 3 weeks for transit through the Panama and across the Pacific, so they should be moving in a few weeks and we can do some more ship stalking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

For now, Coral is close to Ft Lauderdale for any service calls and boarding of crew. I guess they will allow something like 3 weeks for transit through the Panama and across the Pacific, so they should be moving in a few weeks and we can do some more ship stalking.

Most of the stewards and waiters on Princess come from Indonesia and the Philippines. Princess might bring the Coral to Australia with the minimum crew already on board then fly the rest of the crew into Australia to board the ship.

43 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

As long as the ship has a full crew ready for its first sailing with pasengers, it doesn't really matter when or where they join the ship.

It would cost less in staff time and also for flights, if many of the stewards and waiters joined the ship in Australia rather than flying to the US, then filling in time while the ship crosses the Pacific.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It would cost less in staff time and also for flights, if many of the stewards and waiters joined the ship in Australia rather than flying to the US, then filling in time while the ship crosses the Pacific.

Then they would need to allow for setting-up their quarantine to ensure their clean start here. They can be doing that without passengers as they cross the Pacific. If seniority applied during the US restart, many of the usual Coral crew could well be serving on other ships in the Caribbean ATM, and they get a chance to jump ship in Florida. Whichever way, if they were going to crew up in Brisbane, they would be on their way.

Pacific Explorer had picked up the majority of their crew by the time they left Singapore, with only senior hotel staff + Pacific islanders flying into Sydney this week.

3 minutes ago, vegemeter said:

Is Pacific adventure doing some sort of shakedown run out of Augusta? Ready to head down here?

No. They have completed their renovation, and are heading back to anchorage off Cyprus where several ships are awaiting their return to service. They will wait it out there for a while yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

No. They have completed their renovation, and are heading back to anchorage off Cyprus where several ships are awaiting their return to service. They will wait it out there for a while yet.

Thanks. What else could they be waiting for I wonder? 😆

20 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I don't know if she's still there but Grand Princess was alongside in Victoria BC  Canada 2 hours ago. The breeze is picking up so it may be an interesting sail away. It has been a beautiful day for them though. 

I just read that she is going into drydock to prepare for her Alaska season, so no sailaway party today. Looking forward to sailing on her again in November if New Zealand open up to cruising by then.

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

I just read that she is going into drydock to prepare for her Alaska season, so no sailaway party today. Looking forward to sailing on her again in November if New Zealand open up to cruising by then.

I'll have a look and see if she's in the drydock in a couple of days, I suspect she will still do the sail away from here and end the cruise in Vancouver for the passengers to disembark. Then return to the drydock. Did they say where she was scheduled to drydock?

17 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'll have a look and see if she's in the drydock in a couple of days, I suspect she will still do the sail away from here and end the cruise in Vancouver for the passengers to disembark. Then return to the drydock. Did they say where she was scheduled to drydock?

Correct, they are going onto Vancouver to end the cruise, then returning for a couple of weeks in Victoria.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Correct, they are going onto Vancouver to end the cruise, then returning for a couple of weeks in Victoria.

Chances are the company I used to work for will be involved in the woodworking for that refit. We worked on several Princess ships as well as Crystal and most of the "DAM" ships of that time. I haven't worked there for years but still have some of the spare components kicking around my place waiting for me to do something with them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 1st May 2022

I have included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) and who we might see down-under this year 2022: 

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Adventure, Pacific Encounter, Diamond Princess and a Seabourn and Two Costa cruise ships.

limassol-cyprus-cruiseships01052022.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Has gone for a sail off Limassol, Cyprus:

sapphireprincess01052022.jpg

Coral Princess - Currently anchored off Great Isaac Cay:

coralprincess01052022.jpg

Cruise ships which are about to restart service:

Pacific Explorer - Docked at White Bay, Sydney:

pacificexplorer01052022.jpg

Carnival Splendor - Has left Seattle and is currently on her way to Port Angeles, waiting her turn to restart service:

carnivalsplendor01052022.jpg

Celebrity Solstice -  Has left San Diego, California and is currently on her way to Seattle:

celebritysolstice01052022.jpg

Royal Princess - Docked in Vancouver, Canada, waiting her turn to restart service:

royalprincess01052022.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Is currently anchored off Seattle, waiting her turn to restart service:

ovationoftheseas01052022.jpg

Cruise ships which have restarted restart service:

Radiance Of The Seas - Has restarted service today, she has left Vancouver and is currently on her way to Ketchikan, Alaska:

radianceoftheseas01052022.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse -  Has restarted service 🙂, and has left Vancouver, Canada, they are currently on there way to Hilo, Hawaii:

celebrityeclipse24042022.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Thanks 2

Wow, I bet there are a lot of people waiting to see this big white ship heading through the Panama Canal to the Pacific

aguaclara00001.thumb.jpg.2bd7cf340c3f8b37c52b1532173aecd4.jpg

1494021055_gatun00001(12).thumb.jpg.0a1ea2fa74919a0148f78fb766e3a0b5.jpg

Nah, just kidding. 😁 It is only Island Princess. Should be still a couple more weeks till you see her sister in the same spot 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

It must be really busy in Seattle ATM for Splendor to wait at an alternate Washington port.

That was weird. She slowed and started to manoeuvre for Port Angeles, then straightened, sped up and docked back in Seattle

• Like 1