Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

48 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Delivery drivers picking up takeaway meals from restaurants is permitted, and helps keep those restaurants from going out of business as well as providing meals for people who don't want to cook.

I was referring to the person who was out getting their own takeaway or going fishing, etc.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I was referring to the person who was out getting their own takeaway or going fishing, etc.

what wrong with a person going out to get there meals , or somebody going fishing alone or with somebody from there own house.. 

no different than going to supermarket , or getting takeaway,  its permitted to go and get a feed from the shops ,  its also permitted to go fishing . same as many many people I see in the parks , footpaths,  all within 4-5 mtrs of each other. im driving  alone,  and fishing I completely isolated from everybody.  unless I see the ruby ship then im out of there , lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The entire world is working on vaccines,anti virus treatments .They have a river of money and experience.

It won’t be long before we have something to slow it and then stop.

Lovely dream, but I don't think we're anywhere near a vaccine for this virus from what I've read. Tania

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I was referring to the person who was out getting their own takeaway

To be fair not everyone has delivery options, and AirTasker people are charging a small fortune because they know people are in a bind.

Edited by ilikeanswers

54 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

To be fair not everyone has delivery options, and AirTasker people are charging a small fortune because they know people are in a bind.

He lives close enough for deliveries and they even stated that they saw many delivery vehicles

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

He lives close enough for deliveries and they even stated that they saw many delivery vehicles

I wasn't meaning close enough but for some eateries the cut that delivery services take is too much and makes it not worth the business. So therefore those places can't deliver and considering take away is still allowed it is easy to understand those businesses wanting to survive especially if people are still wanting their food.

• Like 1

Hi Folks

After we find "The Cure" for the virus it will take time to spread the cure around the world , it will take a great deal of time before some nation states allow cruise ships in their waters ... I think we all must prepare for the news of a number of cruise lines going broke .  Fred Olsen , Saga , just a couple that spring to mind ....any other candidates you can think of??

Regards

John

I've been wondering how MSC will go. It's owned by an Italian commercial shipping magnate, not a corporation. With the cruise industry at a standstill, will his commercial cargo business be making enough to see it through? MSC have been building a lot of new ships  so it could depend a lot on whether they were financed by borrowing or from cash reserves.

Also, the majority of their customers are from the hardest hit countries, Italy, Spain, Germany and USA.

Edited by lyndarra
add more info

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

that's right I did see many  maybe many isn't the word freakin heaps .. I prefer to support the shops that I have been going to before this virus .  nothing wrong with that is there??  plus I took my cars for a burn , theres nobody on the roads in Sydney was a great drive tho.  did it again tonight .  loved it 

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Ah, that person, the one who was driving around the city unnecessarily. I misunderstood.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ah, that person, the one who was driving around the city unnecessarily. I misunderstood.

We haven't been out driving, but I don't see a problem with someone going for 'a drive' as my parents did when I was a kid. We would sometimes go for a drive on Sunday afternoons. I am thinking of people like us who choose to stay in self-isolation. We live on an acreage property and do not even see any passing traffic: it is true isolation. If we went for a drive stayed in our car it would be breaking the rules, but I cannot see any risk with that. 

• Like 2

well I went to get something to eat.  and took my old car for a drive to the shops they don't say you cannot do it im doing everything with in the rules  , took the scenic route tho lol.. at least it was to eat something , I see many just going to coffee shops hanging around the street drinking it or the square sitting drinking it and having a cig . so cant see anything wrong with me getting a feed ..

so the ruby has dock in port Kembla , I highly doubt that ship will be able to leave for quite a while until police finish of there criminal investigation .  heads will roll people will demand action. I think you will find port authority will be held accountable so will nsw health and Gladys for not stoping the cruise ships ages ago as she was told but invited more ships here .  all 3 will be held responsible and probably sacked or replaced

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We haven't been out driving, but I don't see a problem with someone going for 'a drive' as my parents did when I was a kid. We would sometimes go for a drive on Sunday afternoons. I am thinking of people like us who choose to stay in self-isolation. We live on an acreage property and do not even see any passing traffic: it is true isolation. If we went for a drive stayed in our car it would be breaking the rules, but I cannot see any risk with that. 

Except that we have been told to stay at home and the NSW police are fining people for breaking these rules if they deem it unnecessary.

1 hour ago, DiamondFour said:

Please post your ideas about COVID-19 on an appropriate forum, just not this cruise forum. Thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DiamondFour said:

"Last night Downing Street said it 'did not recognise' claims the virus came from a Chinese laboratory."

This is no different to the Chinese official claiming American soldiers infected China😒

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We need to keep people at home as much as possible if the spread is to be controlled.

would of been nice if the cruising community did that after the diamond  but oh no lets get more ships in Sydney and go on more cruisers.  now they all want gov to rescue them from all around the world , that's fine so long as they the crusiers pay for it out of there back pocket ..  cruising in sydny and Australia . wont be happening for yrs and yrs .  

4 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

would of been nice if the cruising community did that after the diamond  but oh no lets get more ships in Sydney and go on more cruisers.  now they all want gov to rescue them from all around the world , that's fine so long as they the crusiers pay for it out of there back pocket ..  cruising in sydny and Australia . wont be happening for yrs and yrs .  

wipe your chin

6 hours ago, in rod we trust said:

would of been nice if the cruising community did that after the diamond  but oh no lets get more ships in Sydney and go on more cruisers.  

I have only ever been on one cruiser and she gave consent.

Besides people from the Diamond were quarantined when they got back to Australia, while it was people from flighs from elsewhere that were not and spread the virus.

On 4/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, lyndarra said:

I've been wondering how MSC will go. It's owned by an Italian commercial shipping magnate, not a corporation. With the cruise industry at a standstill, will his commercial cargo business be making enough to see it through? MSC have been building a lot of new ships  so it could depend a lot on whether they were financed by borrowing or from cash reserves.

Also, the majority of their customers are from the hardest hit countries, Italy, Spain, Germany and USA.

MSC is one of the biggest shipping companies in the world . Their cargo/container traffic is enormous , so that should keep them going . My understanding is that they entered the cruise market relatively recently .