Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, I did all that but I can't see it on the NSW app. It may just show when you check in somewhere.

This is what the Service Vic app looks like when you go into it.
image.thumb.jpeg.5f104d6222ab34a4ce662c64a43ebdc4.jpeg

Check in is at the bottom and to the far left is a list of your check ins and then beside that is your vaccination cert. 

45 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

My dream remains a cruise from Brisbane to

Darwin.  I have no desire to visit or travel from Sydney nor Melbourne at the moment whether their borders are open or not.  I usually visit both several times a year and miss them.

That is a route I want to do. Please post when 1 pops up.😃

23 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That is a route I want to do. Please post when 1 pops up.😃

Repositioning cruises and Round Australia cruises go through that area but don't stop at many ports and aren't always available as cruises just for that section. 

You'd probably have to look at some of the smaller luxury cruise lines and they might stop at more ports too.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Our round Australia sole Syd-Darwin as a segment.

But MM Down Under wants Brisbane - Darwin.

At one stage the Ghan was doing deals with Princess for a rail trip and cruise but, again, I think the cruise part was to Sydney. 

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

At one stage the Ghan was doing deals with Princess for a rail trip and cruise but, again, I think the cruise part was to Sydney. 

I did a cruise from Sydney to Darwin when the ship returned to Asia after the SARS Epidemic.

Those were the days when you thought nothing of flying south to Sydney to join a cruise north.

18 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

My dream remains a cruise from Brisbane to

Darwin.  I have no desire to visit or travel from Sydney nor Melbourne at the moment whether their borders are open or not.  I usually visit both several times a year and miss them.

Perhaps the P&O 28 day would let you debark in Darwin ? You can board in Brisbane, as the prices are up for Bris-Bris, worth a phone call 🤔

On 10/16/2021 at 5:19 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

We did a sail/stay/rail back in February 2004 on Star Princess, Sydney to Darwin, 5 nights in Darwin in a suite hotel plus tours to Kakadu etc, then Ghan to Adelaide then transferred to Indian Pacific

to Sydney, great trip.

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We did a sail/stay/rail back in February 2004 on Star Princess, Sydney to Darwin, 5 nights in Darwin in a suite hotel plus tours to Kakadu etc, then Ghan to Adelaide then transferred to Indian Pacific

to Sydney, great trip.

That is what I am looking for. Now to get the ships back, and NT to open up to us pesky Southerners.😉

9 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Who predict that cruising could starting in 2023?

I booked a cuise for November 2022 out of Brisbane for 7 days I think on the Coral Princess. Only cause my FCC was running out in 2 weeks. If it happens it happens if it gets delayed again I guess Princess just put it back in the piggie bank for us to use. 

I tried to look for something out of Melbourne but there virtually nothing.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

to Sydney, great trip.

That was a great trip!  Did the TA in Adelaide organise the trip?

Wanted to share part of an email we received from P&O Aus regarding a Jan ‘22 cruise (surprised if it happens) and love how up beat it is 😆

What do you think, should we change to March ‘23 so we can use the Twin Racers? 🤔🤣

Departure Date: 15 Jan 2022

15 Oct 2021

Dear Rosalie,

We are writing to you to provide an update on your Pacific Encounter cruise.

We are sorry to let you know that the installation of our fabulous Twin Racers waterslide on Pacific Encounter has been delayed and will now be available for cruises from the 23rd March 2023. Rest assured, we understand your disappointment.

If you were looking forward to racing down one of our Twin Racers and would prefer to change your cruise to after 23 March 2023, we are happy to transfer your booking to an alternative departure.

5 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Wanted to share part of an email we received from P&O Aus regarding a Jan ‘22 cruise (surprised if it happens) and love how up beat it is 😆

What do you think, should we change to March ‘23 so we can use the Twin Racers? 🤔🤣

Departure Date: 15 Jan 2022

15 Oct 2021

Dear Rosalie,

We are writing to you to provide an update on your Pacific Encounter cruise.

We are sorry to let you know that the installation of our fabulous Twin Racers waterslide on Pacific Encounter has been delayed and will now be available for cruises from the 23rd March 2023. Rest assured, we understand your disappointment.

If you were looking forward to racing down one of our Twin Racers and would prefer to change your cruise to after 23 March 2023, we are happy to transfer your booking to an alternative departure.

We also got one for our Jan 2023 cruise, we will remain with our booking despite the lack of the Twin Racers.

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We also got one for our Jan 2023 cruise, we will remain with our booking despite the lack of the Twin Racers.

Us too, will be totally amazed if we get to cruise on the 15th Jan ‘22 , so Twin Racers will be very low on our list of “to dos”!

Queensland have just released their roadmap with borders opening to fully vaccinated visitors from hotspots with no quarantine once 80% vax level is reach, which they expect to be just before Christmas. 

So that's NSW, VIC and QLD that should be open by January. But will they let cruises start?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Queensland have just released their roadmap with borders opening to fully vaccinated visitors from hotspots with no quarantine once 80% vax level is reach, which they expect to be just before Christmas. 

So that's NSW, VIC and QLD that should be open by January. But will they let cruises start?

Good news.   Cruising will follow some time next year, we just don't know when yet.

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't trust that Anna P with her open and shut border policies, she could shut it again in a micro second.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

I don't trust that Anna P with her open and shut border policies, she could shut it again in a micro second.

Gee whizz - so many conditions tho, it’s not really opening of borders until Qld is 90% double vaxed.

Source: Queensland Health:

844DF05E-BEA3-48E1-8D13-A708C5F67169.jpeg

2643D784-2A29-4BD6-BCB4-17AA39C247A6.jpeg

8DDF084C-F267-4A56-B574-568435CC6567.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Gee whizz - so many conditions tho, it’s not really opening of borders until Qld is 90% double vaxed.

Source: Queensland Health:

844DF05E-BEA3-48E1-8D13-A708C5F67169.jpeg

2643D784-2A29-4BD6-BCB4-17AA39C247A6.jpeg

8DDF084C-F267-4A56-B574-568435CC6567.jpeg

No different to the conditions that will be required when cruising recommences.