Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

Just wondering if you booked a cruise with your FCC from a cancelled cruise and that also gets cancelled what happens to the credit ? Has anyone been in this position to know the answer.

Cheers Carole

Rolls over I would expect.

• Haha 1

Is there enough passengers to restart the Australian cruise industry? Without the international passengers I wonder if there will be enough people to fill the ships. The Australian cruise industry is pretty small compared to other routes in the world.

Just now, ilikeanswers said:

Is there enough passengers to restart the Australian cruise industry? Without the international passengers I wonder if there will be enough people to fill the ships. The Australian cruise industry is pretty small compared to other routes in the world.

They will fill them if the price is right, trust me, 

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They will fill them if the price is right, trust me, 

For the price to be right it seems like they will have to operate the first cruises at a lose. Australian cruises aren't exactly the cheapest form of vaction🤔.

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

They used to fill them even before the fairly recent influx of international passengers. A few years ago there used to be around two dozen Americans on the Sea or Sun Princess, but on our recent cruise there were more than 400.

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Just wondering if you booked a cruise with your FCC from a cancelled cruise and that also gets cancelled what happens to the credit ? Has anyone been in this position to know the answer.

Cheers Carole

I’ve noticed if you roll your cruise over for next season,the prices are through the roof.

I would say if you’re next cruise is canceled you could roll it over again,if they don’t go bust.

Hey nice dog,what kind of dog is that ?

2 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

Seems to be rolled over.  This from Princess site.  I think that if you have an existing booking then the FCCs go to that booking if not fully paid for and any left over FCCs are applied to new bookings.  Not sure about 2021 because the cruise they cancelled on me for 23 March gave me until May 2022 to book and sail.

1. If I rebook on princess.com, how do I activate my FCC? Do I have to call into the contact center?
    The FCC will automatically apply to the booking balance after you sign on. The website balance summary will show the FCC as a line-item credit. If you do not want the FCC applied, you will need to call the Contact Center to have it removed.

2. Will I lose my FCC if I cancel my new booking? Or can I still use it on another booking in 2021?
    No, you will not lose your FCC. The FCC remains attached to your profile and standard policies apply.

3. What if there is an FCC on my current booking that is being cancelled. Will it be credited?
    Yes, it will be credited back. In this instance, the old FCC is separate from the cancellation fee. In the event the original FCC is expired, it will be reissued with a December 31, 2021 expiration date.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

We have the greatest cruise passenger penetration in the world.

For the limited number of ships we have here, it shouldn't be too much a problem. Remember the last minute Sapphire Princess cruises mostly sold out in days.

1 minute ago, The_Big_M said:

We have the greatest cruise passenger penetration in the world.

For the limited number of ships we have here, it shouldn't be too much a problem. Remember the last minute Sapphire Princess cruises mostly sold out in days.

Those additional Sapphire Princess cruises sold out in days because the prices were low.

Just now, Kiwi Kruzer said:

and there was no public awareness of quarantine.

We considered the Sapphire Princess deals, but decided against booking because of the uncertainty about COVID. At the time, there was no thought of a quarantine coming into play.

47 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve noticed if you roll your cruise over for next season,the prices are through the roof.

I would say if you’re next cruise is canceled you could roll it over again,if they don’t go bust.

Hey nice dog,what kind of dog is that ?

Mine is in March 21 and really can’t see it happening “Northern Explorer “

That is one of my Grandogs,  Porcha she is a Belgian Shepherd , just a pup then she’s 5 now.

Cheers Carole 

5 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

That is one of my Grandogs,  Porcha she is a Belgian Shepherd , just a pup then she’s 5 now.

Cheers Carole 

Belgian Shepherd ,very nice. Porcha 

March 21 that’s a year away, I think it would be goer .

One thing I say ,the world is moving very fast .Who knows??

31 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

With your cruise a year away, and Australian domestic, you have a chance.

19 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I know I am probably being dim but I'm not sure I understand what this sentance means😟

I think it means the greatest number of cruise passengers in proportion to our population: as in "penetration in the market".

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think it means the greatest number of cruise passengers in proportion to our population: as in "penetration in the market".

Thanks that makes it clearer. I always heard that Germany was ranked number one in that but perhaps the numbers have changed since then.

Edited by ilikeanswers

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

For the price to be right it seems like they will have to operate the first cruises at a lose. Australian cruises aren't exactly the cheapest form of vaction🤔.

I don't think they have to be done at a loss although I think after all the cruises people have foregone, FCC will be used which may affect the bottom line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Those additional Sapphire Princess cruises sold out in days because the prices were low.

This is what I mean, I don't think the prices have to be as low when they do come back but I won't complain if they are.

15 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Thanks that makes it clearer. I always heard that Germany was ranked number one in that but perhaps the numbers have changed since then.

Beer consumption and cruising percentages, we compete well with both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Ships will need crews. What countries do crews come from? We will most likely have to wait until those countries are clear first. Could take a while yet.

That is a good point I never thought about that🤔 especially since countries like Philipines and Indonesia are nowhere near their peak and it will probably take a long time before they flatten the curve.

17 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Ships will need crews. What countries do crews come from? We will most likely have to wait until those countries are clear first. Could take a while yet.

Simple answer - COVID test then quarantine before they can work on a ship. You can see that I am keen for answers. 🙂

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Excellent point. I suspect that will take a while. Indonesia is looking grim but we never hear much about Indonesia.