Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

36 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Of course, I am hoping for all of it as a refund, however I fear I will be vouchers or FCC and such, and maybe even some loss of money, time will tell.

If they give you a credit or the FCC you will find the cruises have gone through the roof when you rebook.

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Most likely the case, which is why I want a refund.

Hi

But will you get a refund ??? or will a crack appear and the grand edifice that was cruising will start to crumble 

Same applies to the airlines it will only take   one major to fail and the rest will be in dire peril

I have not yet had my funds back from Cunard...  

Regards

John

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

If they give you a credit or the FCC you will find the cruises have gone through the roof when you rebook.

Cruise companies will want as many bookings as possible when they restart. IMO they will be discounting like mad to get people back on their ships. Many people will be reluctant to cruise after all this so, hitting them with high prices is not going to win them back. It will be a numbers game.

41 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Hi

But will you get a refund ??? or will a crack appear and the grand edifice that was cruising will start to crumble 

Same applies to the airlines it will only take   one major to fail and the rest will be in dire peril

I have not yet had my funds back from Cunard...  

Regards

John

I have only just received the email to say that the package is being cancelled and a follow up email with the actual details will be coming.

33 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Cruise companies will want as many bookings as possible when they restart. IMO they will be discounting like mad to get people back on their ships. Many people will be reluctant to cruise after all this so, hitting them with high prices is not going to win them back. It will be a numbers game.

They will price high and then lower them until the ship is full.

37 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They will price high and then lower them until the ship is full.

Hi

Many ordinary people will be very reluctant to cruise they will recall floating petri dishes and will not book

The cruise lines have their work cut out to survive this impost on their incomes

Perhaps the first thing will be to abolish inside cabins ......

Edited by VK3DQ

Hi

Yes no inside cabins and all ships restricting the number of passengers to about 2/3 of the number before virus

that would be a big start

And no over 70's with health issues 

4 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Similar to what you said Mic but I believe they have the prices high so they can use a high percentage discount sails pitch. You know the one "Look at this incredible value was blah blah blah now blah blah a savings of 45% and we'll throw in 2 perks". 

7 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Similar to what you said Mic but I believe they have the prices high so they can use a high percentage discount sails pitch. You know the one "Look at this incredible value was blah blah blah now blah blah a savings of 45% and we'll throw in 2 perks". 

Exactly

Simon Birmingham, minister for something, has said he does expect the national borders to be opened until the new year, sometime.

Advises people to holiday in Oz, once other travel restrictions allow it.

Not promising for ships returning soon.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/borders-to-stay-closed-travellers-urged-to-see-australia-first-once-curbs-ease-20200410-p54iw4.html

Edited by Docker123

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It was just on the radio, Sydney’s third cruise terminal at Yarra bay planning process will be delayed for 18 months.

Strange the planning minister said the other day projects like that will be fast tracked .

Sounds like they dont expect too many ship to come back very soon

regards

John

Hi Folks

Will we see Australian Flagged Cruise ships , I feel a number of countries have picked up on the FOC issues and will for example insist that closed loop cruises from their territories are carried on ships registered in their countries for various reasons including health control issues

Regards

John

Amid the uncertainty, Transport and Ports Minister Andrew Constance said the proposal for a cruise terminal at Yarra Bay had now been "put on hold with all industry and community engagement suspended".

"[The terminal is] not a priority for government or industry at this time. We're still in the middle of a COVID crisis," he said.

Full article here.

Edited by By The Bay

This video explains what the cruiselines need to implement in the USA before they can recommence. Those requirements are detailed about 2/3 way through. My thoughts - there is no way the cruiselines can comply with these requirements. They effectively are calling for every ship to have access to another quarantine ship and a fully equipped hospital ship whilst anywhere in USA waters and not repatriate people to US hospitals. And implement full social distancing. Impossible. 

Thanks Pushka, I didn't watch the video but we both know that whatever was said ten minutes ago in the US will be different ten minutes from now. I'm quite confident the rules will change to suit the whims of the "leadership" at least 100 times in the next 100 days.

This does not mean I disagree with your assessment just have witnessed more changes in tack than in the average yacht race from the "leader" in my neighbour to the south.