Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

4 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

That probably applies, but if it does logically it should also apply to hotels and trains.

Also cruise ships with more than 500 crew will be required to disembark many of them.

Government is exempting forms of transport such as trains, trams, buses and I would expect, ferries (which aren't cruises, sorry @MicCanberra but nice try!)

Difficult to predict anything at present with continual changes and announcements.

We have several things that we enjoy cancelled today, group activities including exercise and book discussions and other social activities.

Disappointing as they added pleasure and structure to our lives.

Understand the rationale but hope its not too long.

The damage to the economy is bad apart from all the health related issues.

Does not seem to be a way to escape the dramas of basic shortages and listening to theories about how the virus will kill or not and how many.

All sorts of claims being made that sound like a bad social experiment or worse.

Anyway another cruise would be lovely.

Even Norfolk island has been locked down.

Perhaps Tasmania? 

7 hours ago, pully8 said:

Difficult to predict anything at present with continual changes and announcements.

We have several things that we enjoy cancelled today, group activities including exercise and book discussions and other social activities.

Disappointing as they added pleasure and structure to our lives.

Understand the rationale but hope its not too long.

The damage to the economy is bad apart from all the health related issues.

Does not seem to be a way to escape the dramas of basic shortages and listening to theories about how the virus will kill or not and how many.

All sorts of claims being made that sound like a bad social experiment or worse.

Anyway another cruise would be lovely.

Even Norfolk island has been locked down.

Perhaps Tasmania? 

Having been on Norfolk Island last year, I can understand why they have done that.

Currently its 30 day ban for the US starting march 13th and another 30 day ban from Europe starting this week if I am not mistaken. Also dont forget additional 2-3 weeks to prepare the cruisers and another 1-2 weeks to precede with all the preparations... anyway, My intellectual guess would be somewhere in the middle of June everything should be alright and all the bans to be removed. I may be wrong but who knows  

They have several medications available that kill the virus now, the first people in Australia that got the virus were Chinese tourists and they told the doctors what to give them as that is what they were doing in China, so no real need for a vaccine if they can stop the spread now, so if they can get their act together it could be all over in a couple of months.

42 minutes ago, lagoon380 said:

They have several medications available that kill the virus now, the first people in Australia that got the virus were Chinese tourists and they told the doctors what to give them as that is what they were doing in China, so no real need for a vaccine if they can stop the spread now, so if they can get their act together it could be all over in a couple of months.

I certainly hope so.

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

so the gov isn't shutting much down , that will mean that cruising will probably be of the cards  for at least 1 yr or more ,   this might send few cruise ships into folding ,   hope royal Caribbean is one of them that go belly up . 

I think you will get your hope granted Rod

• Like 1

so the gov isn't shutting much down , that will mean that cruising will probably be of the cards  for at least 1 yr or more ,   this might send few cruise ships into folding ,   hope royal Caribbean is one of them that go belly up . 

The  Royal Caribbean Line Diamond status people won't be happy.🤐

I don't understand  why the gov doesn't lockdown none essential  services and total limit the peoples movement .  if you go by what they say 6 plus months this will go on for doesn't make sense .  not that I believe in Chinese stats , but with 1 billion people and they claim they have sent the last infected person home and are now closing the hospital they built  for the virus down .  why wont locking Australia down for a month wont reduce the spread , if they locked it down isolated the cases we have now surely it would almost eliminate the virus . 

Edited by in rod we trust

Regardless of any governments rules/laws about lockdowns/isolation, suspect many will chose to isolate out of fear of death/severe illness.

Hibernation somewhere is looking attractive to ride this out, but where would be safe?

As an island Australia should be safe but it is not, albeit some areas are worse than others.

Of course we will not know without widespread mandatory testing, not sure we will see that.

Meanwhile keep safe as possible and look forward to happier days and cruising. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

I don't understand  why the gov doesn't lockdown none essential  services and total limit the peoples movement .  if you go by what they say 6 plus months this will go on for doesn't make sense .  not that I believe in Chinese stats , but with 1 billion people and they claim they have sent the last infected person home and are now closing the hospital they built  for the virus down .  why wont locking Australia down for a month wont reduce the spread , if they locked it down isolated the cases we have now surely it would almost eliminate the virus . 

Maybe they should lock you up 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The  Royal Caribbean Line Diamond status people won't be happy.🤐

When the Chinese communist part buys Royal Caribbean for a bowl of rice.

The diamond lounge will have a re-education officer sitting next to the concierge.

We have gone into voluntary isolation. Maybe if Rod and others who can do so, also went into isolation, it would slow the spread of the virus.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lagoon380 said:

The medications to which you refer to are for post infection cases with no guarantee they will be effective in all cases. Vaccines are first line of defence and, for the most part, will prevent you from being infected by the virus in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes agree about the voluntary isolation too.

Remains to be seen if it is effective on a population basis but seems the sensible thing to do.

Unfortunately the thought of sustaining this for 6 months or more sounds grim in terms of quality of life.

Humans are social beings at least on line communication is there as long as the internet remains functional. 

I don't believe any virus numbers coming out of a communist country like China.  Full of propaganda.

Has there been any release of numbers in/from North Korea or Russia? 

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

When the Chinese communist part buys Royal Caribbean for a bowl of rice.

The diamond lounge will have a re-education officer sitting next to the concierge.

Rice Wine and frogs head pate on snake skin in the Diamond  lounge? 😂

Edited by NSWP

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I am going for 50.

That will decimate the hospitality industry my golf club (Club Catalina) has at least 300 people in it every night,  dining, drinking, gambling. 

Clubs, restaurants, cafes, pubs, movie theatres etc will be in dire financial trouble.

Edited by NSWP