Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

43 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That will decimate the hospitality industry my golf club (Club Catalina) has at least 300 people in it every night,  dining, drinking, gambling. 

Clubs, restaurants, cafes, pubs, movie theatres etc will be in dire financial trouble.

Yes. A lot of restaurants and coffee shops won't be able to continue in business.

47 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I don't believe any virus numbers coming out of a communist country like China.  Full of propaganda.

Has there been any release of numbers in/from North Korea or Russia? 

Yes, out of Russia anyway, currently 114 cases with 8 recovered.

North Korea is a dead zone, with no information coming out about it.

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That will decimate the hospitality industry my golf club (Club Catalina) has at least 300 people in it every night,  dining, drinking, gambling. 

Clubs, restaurants, cafes, pubs, movie theatres etc will be in dire financial trouble.

I think they (clubs, restaurants etc) will shut down for a fortnight or so.

54 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Apparently they can have up to 100 in each area ,gaming,bistro,bar 1,bar 2  ect.

They will make the people who are winning / not spending money leave to let in more people to be losers/spenders

57 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Apparently they can have up to 100 in each area ,gaming,bistro,bar 1,bar 2  ect.

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

They will make the people who are winning / not spending money leave to let in more people to be losers/spenders

I just rang Batemans Bay Soldiers Club of which I am a member, huge club, they told me no more than 100 in the whole club.  I tried to book a table of 4 for dinner and told, no bookings now, the club is full 100 patrons in.  So I am taking our business elsewhere. Not good for tourism.  This town will go broke soon.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I will have to check that out, not seen that breakup of numbers.

It’s early days and a venue can interpret the rules in that way.

This won’t last ,people need to work and live.

Can you imagine the big clubs with only 100 people.

The toilets would hold 100 people.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I just rang Batemans Bay Soldiers Club of which I am a member, huge club, they told me no more than 100 in the whole club.  I tried to book a table of 4 for dinner and told, no bookings now, the club is full 100 patrons in.  So I am taking our business elsewhere. Not good for tourism.  This town will go broke soon.

Fish and chips takeaway?

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Sorry sir you are winning and it appears you have had enough to drink.

SECURITY 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s early days and a venue can interpret the rules in that way.

This won’t last ,people need to work and live.

Can you imagine the big clubs with only 100 people.

The toilets would hold 100 people.

I certainly do not want to be in the toilets with 100 people. 😛

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I will have to check that out, not seen that breakup of numbers.

The quote below is part of the official statement. Note the words "an area, room ....". It looks like a club could have 100 people in each separate area, but I hate to think of the staff running around counting people and telling them they have to stay in the room they are in.

The National Cabinet has accepted the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) advice that non-essential indoor gatherings of greater than 100 people (including staff) will no longer be permitted from Wednesday 18 March 2020.

• An indoor gathering refers to a gathering within a single enclosed area (i.e. an area, room or premises that is or are substantially enclosed by a roof and walls, regardless of whether the roof or walls or any part of them are permanent, temporary, open or closed).

yeah some stats from north korea 

11am  1case reported

11.10am 0 cases 

12.15 pm 3 cases 

12.25 o cases 

1.15 pm 2 cases

130 pm 0 cases 

get the drift  lol  

but anyway I thought the gov said no more cruise ships , yet I have just seen msc leave last night and another ship dock at the opt , and this arvo another one arrived to dock at white bay ..   

16 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

but anyway I thought the gov said no more cruise ships , yet I have just seen msc leave last night and another ship dock at the opt , and this arvo another one arrived to dock at white bay ..   

Rod, you need to be accurate in your comments. The government said "no cruise ships from foreign ports". The Sea Princess that arrived today has been in Australian waters on its shortened cruise and prior to that it was at sea on its cruise from New Zealand. I can't see why the government would stop the MSC ship from leaving.

52 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The quote below is part of the official statement. Note the words "an area, room ....". It looks like a club could have 100 people in each separate area, but I hate to think of the staff running around counting people and telling them they have to stay in the room they are in.

The National Cabinet has accepted the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) advice that non-essential indoor gatherings of greater than 100 people (including staff) will no longer be permitted from Wednesday 18 March 2020.

• An indoor gathering refers to a gathering within a single enclosed area (i.e. an area, room or premises that is or are substantially enclosed by a roof and walls, regardless of whether the roof or walls or any part of them are permanent, temporary, open or closed).

I t was on the radio ,100 people in each separate area not the entire venue.
It would be a night mare to enforce.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

I t was on the radio ,100 people in each separate area not the entire venue.
It would be a night mare to enforce.

Yes. I quoted the official statement that was emailed to me. I agree that it will be very difficult for staff to enforce.

20 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

yeah some stats from north korea 

11am  1case reported

11.10am 0 cases 

12.15 pm 3 cases 

12.25 o cases 

1.15 pm 2 cases

130 pm 0 cases 

get the drift  lol  

MSC magnifica ,it’s been in Australian waters for a while and on it’s way to Rome.

Hey Rod baby,what’s the latest on Port Botany?

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

MSC magnifica ,it’s been in Australian waters for a while and on it’s way to Rome.

Hey Rod baby,what’s the latest on Port Botany?

cannot answer that  as its off topic  might get a smack on the wrist by mods . ill start afresh port botany one up soon 

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Rod, you need to be accurate in your comments. The government said "no cruise ships from foreign ports". The Sea Princess that arrived today has been in Australian waters on its shortened cruise and prior to that it was at sea on its cruise from New Zealand. I can't see why the government would stop the MSC ship from leaving.

I thought princess ships said they were suspending all there cruises .. 

all these cruise ships are from foreign ports in a way ,  also its really not about what port.  its more about the fact that the virus may not show in some , if somebody gets sick from it spreads it on a ship then  around the state it will overwhelm our hospitals.   now none of you ole dudes that cruise would want that would you..  that would put our health care workers at risk and over worked for what , a cruise you really don't need to go on at this moment .

2 minutes ago, in rod we trust said:

all these cruise ships are from foreign ports in a way ,  also its really not about what port.  its more about the fact that the virus may not show in some , if somebody gets sick from it spreads it on a ship then  around the state it will overwhelm our hospitals.   now none of you ole dudes that cruise would want that would you..  that would put our health care workers at risk and over worked for what , a cruise you really don't need to go on at this moment .

MSC is the second biggest cargo line I believe,that has some cruise ships.

I don’t think it has anything to do with princess.

And those ole dude’s on MSC magnifica probably spend on lunch what our house is worth.

So a title for your new thread.

The   in Rod we trust cruise terminal ,port botany.

1 hour ago, in rod we trust said:

You must not have read the announcement from Princess made on 12th March. Here is the relevant section:

Those currently onboard a cruise that will end in the next five days will continue to sail as expected through the end of the itinerary so that onward travel arrangements are not disrupted. Current voyages that are underway and extend beyond March 17 will be ended at the most convenient location for guests, factoring in operational requirements.

The Sea Princess that docked at White Bay in Sydney today, left Brisbane on Sunday 8th March, not a 'foreign port' as you mention. Its cruise was due to end on 7th April but was cut short after Princess suspended its cruises (see the quote above). It is likely that the cruise returned its planned destination of Sydney for (as Princess said) operational requirements, i.e. many passengers live in the area and it would be easy to arrange flights from a large city.

The previous cruise left New Zealand on 4th March. As the coronavirus was not widespread in NZ at the time, it cannot reasonably be suggested that the virus was carried by people on the ship. Clearly, the Sea Princess cruise didn't result in overwhelming our hospitals, putting our health care workers at risk, or causing them to be over-worked (as you suggested).

The MSC ship belongs to an Italian cruise line, the fastest-growing line in the world. It is on a world cruise and there would have been no sane or even legal reason for the Australian government to detain it.

Edited by Aus Traveller