Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Well I’ve been stealing everything from Royal Caribbean that wasn’t bolted down for years.Years and years.

We would walk on with 5 empty bags and have to ask the concierge for a porter to get off.

My favourite is ice buckets ,must have 20 at least .

Blankets,towels ,knifes,folks,spoons, you name it.

Maybe we can trade them back for a onboard credit???

Not worth anything to the company, try ebay?

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Well I’ve been stealing everything from Royal Caribbean that wasn’t bolted down for years.Years and years.

We would walk on with 5 empty bags and have to ask the concierge for a porter to get off.

Oh dear.  Art thou serious?👮‍♂️

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Hilarious , needed a laugh today, Hi should be sailing toward Cairns tomorrow .

cheers Carole

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear.  Art thou serious?👮‍♂️

No , uncle les

My wife asked to keep one of the bath robes once from a grand suite and the lovely room attendant got one that had a small rip and said she can it take this home.

• Like 1

No , uncle les

My wife asked to keep one of the bath robes once from a grand suite and the lovely room attendant got one that had a small rip and said she can it take this home.

Chili I'm under the impression that on Celebrity the guests in the posh suites get monogrammed robes that they take home. Of course this would be second hand information because suites of any type are way out of my pay grade.

12 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Chili I'm under the impression that on Celebrity the guests in the posh suites get monogrammed robes that they take home. Of course this would be second hand information because suites of any type are way out of my pay grade.

Same here, we think we are high on the hog with a balcony cabin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

No , uncle les

Thank goodness it was all in jest, young Phillip.😍

22 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Mini suites on Princess are sometimes affordable, more space and two televisions, one for each eye.📺📺

• Haha 1

This video about the Mein Schiff 2 first cruise is good. Most are in German, but in this one the young lady has described a friends video of his experience. If this is the future - we are game 👍

53 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

We always have a balcony, and not all suites on Celebrity get all of the goodies. I don't think the bottom tear gets the monogrammed robes, and I'm not sure if they have a butler. Perhaps one of our friends who have cruised in suites could enlighten us?

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Porky55 for posting the video. That was Emma from Emma Cruises she does a really nice job on her VLOG. I'm happy to see that there are some cruises going I hope they have a good result.

I just checked Emma out, she is a cruise travel agent.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Just just checked Emma out, she is a cruise travel agent.

If so that is a change in status, I have enjoyed her vlogs in the past and she has said she works in the insurance industry. She seems to cruise quite often. Her videos are well done, she is bright and happy and has a younger person's point of view while also being respectful to all age groups. I like her, but haven't really watched much with no cruises going on.

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

5 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Only only had suites on RC when affordable. If so they are good value.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

If so that is a change in status, I have enjoyed her vlogs in the past and she has said she works in the insurance industry. She seems to cruise quite often. Her videos are well done, she is bright and happy and has a younger person's point of view while also being respectful to all age groups. I like her, but haven't really watched much with no cruises going on.

That is why Emma cruises so often, as a cruise travel agent, she would go mostly gratis. In the trade they call it a Go See.🛳️

52 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is why Emma cruises so often, as a cruise travel agent, she would go mostly gratis. In the trade they call it a Go See.🛳️

I just watched on You Tube, Emmas narration of the pilot cruise. English lady and speaks well. Pax were German I think, Germans are very disciplined people and they stuck to the rules. Interesting doco.  If and when mainstream cruising recommences, this will be the norm. But many old folk dont have mobiles, so the app thing to order from menu could be an issue here.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

She is more into promotions, has her own merchandise as well. I think she does a good job all round. Certainly for her age she is right on top of the cruise industry.  She is a cruisaholicess, if there is such a species.🥰

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I just watched on You Tube, Emmas narration of the pilot cruise. English lady and speaks well. Pax were German I think, Germans are very disciplined people and they stuck to the rules. Interesting doco.  If and when mainstream cruising recommences, this will be the norm. But many old folk dont have mobiles, so the app thing to order from menu could be an issue here.

That was a question asked by quite a few CCers on another thread regarding this same cruise - it has actually been answered with the fact that there ARE paper menus available for those without mobiles. So they are trying to think of most things.

21 hours ago, NSWP said:

Is she really? I've checked her out a few times and she always came across as a budget cruiser. She says she usually gets inside guaranteed because it's the cheapest. As for the merchandise, I've noticed a lot of the youtubers are selling merchandise now, like Garry Bembridge. Must be a youtube thing now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, christodan said:

Is she really? I've checked her out a few times and she always came across as a budget cruiser. She says she usually gets inside guaranteed because it's the cheapest. As for the merchandise, I've noticed a lot of the youtubers are selling merchandise now, like Garry Bembridge. Must be a youtube thing now.

Her full name is Emma Le Teace. I don't think she is a cruise agent, she has said on several of her videos she works in insurance. I think that her website and you-tube channel are a second source of income and she does a very good job of them. She is trying to appeal to a younger demographic but she seems genuinely happy to help all age groups with helpful tips and honest reviews.

Edited by Blackduck59
typo
  • Like 1