Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Vader1111 said:

The rest of Australia is well aware of how bone headed and selfish Victorians are.

Dont agree, some selfish people sure, but we cannot label all Vics. Peace, brothers and sisters, we are all Australians, remember?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Appreciate your response Leigh, but in this climate we have to give up much of what we love. All the best.

Perhaps we do, but honestly, why is it so wrong that professional sport is being played as it is here in Australia? I agree that there should not be spectators attending. These sports are employers and employee hundreds if not thousands in Australia. Already many who were involved in these organisations have lost their jobs. If professional sport stops, many more will be unemployed. 

I actually wonder why liquor shops are considered essential in Melbourne. I enjoy a drink but really having alcohol in the same category as food, pharmacies, medical etc. Perhaps that’s what people could give up or there’s always online. 

Leigh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, possum52 said:

Perhaps we do, but honestly, why is it so wrong that professional sport is being played as it is here in Australia? I agree that there should not be spectators attending. These sports are employers and employee hundreds if not thousands in Australia. Already many who were involved in these organisations have lost their jobs. If professional sport stops, many more will be unemployed. 

I actually wonder why liquor shops are considered essential in Melbourne. I enjoy a drink but really having alcohol in the same category as food, pharmacies, medical etc. Perhaps that’s what people could give up or there’s always online. 

Leigh

Because the restriction in Vic is only essential services are to remain. 

Every other industry that stops work causes unemployed, but they've had to stop. What makes non-essential sport different?

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

Because the restriction in Vic is only essential services are to remain. 

Every other industry that stops work causes unemployed, but they've had to stop. What makes non-essential sport different?

But there is no professional sport being played in Victoria.

• Like 1

Another cruise line planning to re-start cruising.

"INDIAN cruise line Jalesh Cruises will resume operations from 06 Nov, with the Government of India announcing the
recommencement of cruises from Oct. To celebrate the return, Jalesh will enact COVID-19 rapid testing for all its passengers before embarkation, with the results returning in 15 minutes."

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And many cases are transmitted by people who didn't have a clue that they had been put at risk of catching the virus. They didn't deliberately go to a hotspot, or a big party, or a crowded pub. They went to dinner, or a local shop, or a club a long way from any hotspot (like Batemans Bay) and know they had been exposed to the virus until they developed symptoms and/or were tested. 

That is the sad part.  Like the Qld. couple (the lady works at an aged care home) who became infected just be going to a restaurant, where the infected women (who lied about their visit to Vic.) were sitting at the next table.  The residents and staff of the home all tested negative, which is good news.  In the meantime, all nursing homes in SEQld are closed to visitors, except in end of life cases.

BTW The three men, who lied to border control about their visit to Vic., have tested negative, which is good news.

Edited by MMDown Under

56 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

BTW The three men, who lied to border control about their visit to Vic., have tested negative, which is good news.

Yes, it lessens the likelihood of an the outbreak flaring up in QLD.

So far NSW is doing well at containing the outbreak. The numbers are dropping slowly. 

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

"INDIAN cruise line Jalesh Cruises will resume operations from 06 Nov, with the Government of India announcing the
recommencement of cruises from Oct. To celebrate the return, Jalesh will enact COVID-19 rapid testing for all its passengers before embarkation, with the results returning in 15 minutes."

I laughed.

So much wrong with the above.

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I think a lot of lines would be planning restarting their cruises, and if the respective governments allowed it, they would commence cruising as soon as possible. They are hemorrhaging.

The ships will survive but the companies won’t.

There goes your loyalty status 

To be honest.... I am now not that interested in when cruise ships start in australia ,

but when will Tassie open and we can use The Spirit... so we can go on holidays with the car...

I fear not any time soon.....

Would have liked a black card... but the cruises in question have been cancelled... 

And last time I looked we are all Australians....... and we are not in boats/ships etc

well one in now looking at the the bigger picture... ( have a bigger TV now.... lol )

Cheers and be save  Don  

Edited by getting older slowly
spelling adn fat fingers

58 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

USA extends the No Sail Order until October 31st. I doubt it will be the last extension either. 

A bit like the carrot on the end of the stick....... just out of reach.....

Just bite the bullet and said August 2021, then step back and watch......

Tine for another coffee    Don

• Like 1

On this thread back in March I thought cruising was done until the end of this year. Some were predicting earlier. Five months down the track where are we? With the way things have gone in the US and now the threat from down south of here, I reckon it will be another 5 months and much more. I am going to revise my guess to December 2021. I hope I'm wrong.

43 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

A bit like the carrot on the end of the stick....... just out of reach.....

Just bite the bullet and said August 2021, then step back and watch......

Tine for another coffee    Don

At least 2021. 

5 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

USA extends the No Sail Order until October 31st. I doubt it will be the last extension either. 

But they put a proviso they can restart earlier if deemed suitable. 

Plus it only applies to the US. So RCL group have only extended that to October for some places but left cruises in Australia and China still on the charts. Though supposedly the suspension is because "The health and safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit is their top priority". So apparently it's not their top priority in China and Australia!

7 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

But they put a proviso they can restart earlier if deemed suitable. 

Plus it only applies to the US. So RCL group have only extended that to October for some places but left cruises in Australia and China still on the charts. Though supposedly the suspension is because "The health and safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit is their top priority". So apparently it's not their top priority in China and Australia!

I'm not quite sure how you can read that into it.

They will only start cruising in other markets if it is safe to do so, and the Govts there allows them to do so.  There is 0% chance of the latter happening in Australia until mid-2021 at the very earliest.

Edited by Vader1111

9 hours ago, Vader1111 said:

I'm not quite sure how you can read that into it.

They will only start cruising in other markets if it is safe to do so, and the Govts there allows them to do so.  There is 0% chance of the latter happening in Australia until mid-2021 at the very earliest.

I'm not sure how you don't. 

They are cancelling cruises in Oct in the Europe and US for "the health and safety of their passengers, crew and community."

They are continuing offering cruises in Australia and China in October this year, which is operating way earlier than your mid next year estimate - so apparently not for their health and safety, since the same coronavirus issues exist in these places.

7 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

I'm not sure how you don't. 

They are cancelling cruises in Oct in the Europe and US for "the health and safety of their passengers, crew and community."

They are continuing offering cruises in Australia and China in October this year, which is operating way earlier than your mid next year estimate - so apparently not for their health and safety, since the same coronavirus issues exist in these places.

Double standard.  Maybe they think we are less informed and less intelligent Down Under.

31 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Double standard.  Maybe they think we are less informed and less intelligent Down Under.

If you consider the planned protest in Melbourne for Sunday it puts the last 4 words of the above into perspective.

19 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

If you consider the planned protest in Melbourne for Sunday it puts the last 4 words of the above into perspective.

What planned protest in Melbourne?  I know there is a planned protest on the Story Bridge in Brisbane. What are these people thinking?  Not the health and safety of the members of the community.

On 8/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, By The Bay said:

Sounds like a Bollywood movie.