Fort Lauderdale Beaches are Closed

tip

Fort Lauderdale Beach and South Beach in Miami have closed their beaches.  Folks are prohibited from going on the dry sand.  Restaurants and bars are still open, but must close early each night.  Maximum capacities have been reduced.

Dania Beach has closed their beach as well.   We are snowbirds staying in a condo on Hollywood Beach.  The beaches here are still open, but my guess would be that they are on the block as well.  Life as we know it has changed folks, at least for a while.

Here is a good article in regards to the closings.

They are trying to curb the spring break situation.  

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/03/15/watch-live-miami-beach-fort-lauderdale-officials-discuss-spring-break-crowds-and-covid-19-outbreak/

Not just spring breakers.....I live in North Florida and things are closing early here with the size of the groups

that are allowed to be out too...…….it is happening all over the country:classic_sad:

Hi, well, from the photos from FLL up to here it looks like (as of today anyway) many people are not heeding the

new rules. I saw some video all along Cocoa Beach with TONS of people.....:classic_rolleyes: not just kids either. They

interviewed a couple who were probably in their 70s (maybe 60s) and they were like....no big deal:classic_angry:

Maybe tomorrow things will change for all those who think "it can't happen to me".