How long will the refund take?

Ehg

Our Apex Cruise was cancelled on Saturday and we chose to request a full refund. We have not had any notification of our request or email to confirm receipt of the request. 
Does anyone know how long the refund is likely to take to be applied to our credit card?

Lizzie

The refund may not come as one amount but rather  multiple amounts.  We cancelled some excursions and beverage package upgrades and each excursion had 2 refunds, 1 for each of us, same for beverage package upgrades.  In the past port fees & taxes were refunded separate from the fare.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The refund may not come as one amount but rather  multiple amounts.  We cancelled some excursions and beverage package upgrades and each excursion had 2 refunds, 1 for each of us, same for beverage package upgrades.  In the past port fees & taxes were refunded separate from the fare.  

I think mine has been processed I'll post when it hits my credit card. 

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I think mine has been processed I'll post when it hits my credit card. 

Did you get an acknowledgement of your request though? We haven’t even had that. We are concerned they haven’t received our request. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Our Apex Cruise was cancelled on Saturday and we chose to request a full refund. We have not had any notification of our request or email to confirm receipt of the request. 
Does anyone know how long the refund is likely to take to be applied to our credit card?

Lizzie

I would love to understand what form that needs to be filled out.  We booked through Costco and got our cancellation email but are due 25% for cancelling in the window.  Can anyone help me out here.  Obviously I can't get through to Celebrity or Costco to get my questions answered.Thanks

We cancelled over the phone this past Saturday morning and are expecting a refund. I asked for a cancellation number or

an acknowledgement of request and received neither. I guess we're just going to have to trust the system for the time being.

At lease I documented the date, time, and the name of the representative I spoke with on the call......

1 minute ago, loririemer said:

I would love to understand what form that needs to be filled out.  We booked through Costco and got our cancellation email but are due 25% for cancelling in the window.  Can anyone help me out here.  Obviously I can't get through to Celebrity or Costco to get my questions answered.Thanks

We got an email from Celebrity. Just after midnight on Saturday night. 

We also booked with a TA. We’ve emailed them to ask the question too as you can’t get through by phone atm. They have not yet responded. 

the Celebrity email directed you to click a link for a refund. That’s what we did.....

Just now, maxydu said:

We cancelled over the phone this past Saturday morning and are expecting a refund. I asked for a cancellation number or

an acknowledgement of request and received neither. I guess we're just going to have to trust the system for the time being.

At lease I documented the date, time, and the name of the representative I spoke with on the call......

At least there is some comfort in knowing it’s not just us! 😂

17 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Did you get an acknowledgement of your request though? We haven’t even had that. We are concerned they haven’t received our request. 🤷‍♀️

I spoke to Celebrity yesterday and was told it was processed March 13th. She gave me the amounts broken down as taxes port charges are separate. I'll see tomorrow or next day if it hits my CC. 

• Thanks 1

I filled out the form online Friday night following the link in their email.  At the end I got a notice that I would get a confirmation email which of course I have yet to get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I spoke to Celebrity yesterday and was told it was processed March 13th. She gave me the amounts broken down as taxes port charges are separate. I'll see tomorrow or next day if it hits my CC. 

We canc on Mar 11 & were given the credit amounts that will go to our credit card & canc #’s but we still have not seen anything yet, either email or credit.   I think it will just take more time.

21 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

How did you request refund? Did you use the link in the email. Thank you 

42 minutes ago, Ehg said:

We phoned in & were given a canc #, but have not received the official email yet.

Edited by If only

Looks like excluding the Galapagos cruises, there were 47 cruises cancelled.  If each cruise had a average of 1200 bookings that would  be over 56000  cancellations.  Add to that those whose cruises weren’t cancelled but passengers like us are  cancelling.  So a huge volume of transactions.

We booked with a TA and we asked to cancel on 3/12 and we were send a email with confirmation of our request.  The TA told us that the cancellations were  ring processed in cruise date order, since our cruise was scheduled for mid April the cancellation not be processed for 1-2 weeks and the FCC would follow by 4-5 weeks.  This was before the suspension of all cruises. 

I sure would hate to work in customer service or accounting for a cruise line these days.

Long before this issue, I've had refunds from Celebrity several times over the years.  These have been a few things I've noticed:

First, They have always refunded the correct amounts.

The refund will be broken down by line item.  For instance taxes and fees will be a separate refund from the base fare, and so on.  The different amounts often return to your card on different days.

The refund is further separated into the amounts you paid.  For example, if you paid a $900.00 deposit, then a $2000.00 final payment, then paid $1200.00 to upgrade, then prepaid gratuities for $225.00, you woudl get separate refunds in each of those amounts. 

The refunds go back to the credit card that you used to pay them.  This can result in your not noticing a refund if it's to a card you don't use often.  Also, if you closed an account you used to make a refund, it can cause some delay, as the refund is rejected, and then Celebrity has to re-issue it after. 

Finally, Celebrity seems to take a little longer to refund than your typical refund amount.  It's not like cancelling an order on Amazon, where the amount shows up in one or two days.  It's clear it goes through an accounting process, whether this is done by hand or automated I have no idea, but the steps seem to be: The customer requests a refund.  Within a day or two Celebrity shows it as "Submitted" then about 7 days usually transpire before amounts come back to the credit card.  Obviously my experience is based on "normal" times.  I'm sure things may lengthen out during this crisis. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I called yesterday to ask for a refund on our canceled B2B and was told that it had been canceled but there are extra steps in this case. The booking will now go to someone to review and then the credits will be issued along with emails sent showing the cancellation. They have already refunded the excursions and taxes. I was told to expect it to possibly take up to two to three weeks to process the remainder. 

To add to this, I called X back as a few hours after I had originally called to ask for the refund as I noticed that our cruises were still showing as active on my bookings. I was told that they would show active until they were reviewed and officially canceled. As of this morning they’re still active. I can only assume that they’re bombarded right now and it’s going to take time. 

1 hour ago, vkb2751 said:

How did you request refund? Did you use the link in the email. Thank you 

I spoke to my celebrity vacation planner and was assured it would be refunded. Notes in file and he said our phone call was recorded confident it will be done.  I'll post updates when received

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Looks like excluding the Galapagos cruises, there were 47 cruises cancelled.  If each cruise had a average of 1200 bookings that would  be over 56000  cancellations.  Add to that those whose cruises weren’t cancelled but passengers like us are  cancelling.  So a huge volume of transactions.

We booked with a TA and we asked to cancel on 3/12 and we were send a email with confirmation of our request.  The TA told us that the cancellations were  ring processed in cruise date order, since our cruise was scheduled for mid April the cancellation not be processed for 1-2 weeks and the FCC would follow by 4-5 weeks.  This was before the suspension of all cruises. 

I sure would hate to work in customer service or accounting for a cruise line these days.

Yes my celebrity vacation planner said they are all under a lot of stress. I would not be surprised if many of them are out of work in the near future.

The orig cruise booking number is the cancellation #, we were told.

They sent us an updated Confirmation (3x) showing "Cruise cancelled"

And zero bal due.

We have all credits from  cancelled excursions, dining and spa back on our credit card,  and received the future cruise credit certif via e mail yesterday.  Hope the actual cruise refund (50%) will arrive soon....as well as a refund of our NY purchased Celeb cruise care ...

Amts refunded are listed per person..but so far all math has been correct!

Edited by hcat

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

The orig cruise booking number is the cancellation #, we were told.

They sent us an updated Confirmation (3x) showing "Cruise cancelled"

And zero bal due.

We have all credits from  cancelled excursions, dining and spa back on our credit card,  and received the future cruise credit certif via e mail yesterday.  Hope the actual cruise refund (50%) will arrive soon....as well as a refund of our NY purchased Celeb cruise care ...

Amts refunded are listed per person..but so far all math has been correct!

Thx for the detailed info. What was supposed to be the date of your cruise? Someone posted earlier that X was processing them in order of cruise date.

We were due to sail on Summit on the 9th of May.

We cancelled it on 3/7 ...excursions  credit onto Card 3/13...FCC yesterday

Also cancelled  our Nov Apex more recently..excursions and dining also back  on card..waiting on $500 dep refund