How long will the refund take?

Ehg

12 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Cancelled March 9th.  As of today no cc credit for taxes/fees, no cc credit for items purchased (bev pkg upgrade, excursions, speciality dining) and no FCC credit or email. Only 9 working days since cancelling so still being patient, but not sure how much longer to wait before a phone call will be made.  Will give it 5 more biz days & then decide if call is needed.

Hope you hear soon. Remember if booked through a TA, go though them.  Am guessing probably longer to get the credits. It is unfortunate that an email was not automatically sent.

53 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Hope you hear soon. Remember if booked through a TA, go though them.  Am guessing probably longer to get the credits. It is unfortunate that an email was not automatically sent.

1st time I booked directly/X (of course).  I did get an email several weeks ago stating they cancelled my excursion, bev upgrade, etc but still no refund and no email re cruise. I’ll be patient - they have their hands full.  Will see what this week brings.

2 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Ok I decided to call.  Total wait time was only 90 seconds, and spoke to a very nice young lady.  She said $ refunds are taking about 14 - 21 days, maybe slightly longer.  FCC notices are also taking a bit longer due to volume, however she did confirm my FCC & refunds were being processed.  She had a great attitude and was very helpful.   It's easy for us to complain, so I wanted to acknowledge her "job well done".  

• Like 3

Another "interesting" aspect of the refunds, besides the large amounts of positive balances in credit cards, is the credit card points/bonuses that people may have already used long ago from putting cruise payments on their cards. It will be interesting to see how those are processed. Guessing we'll see the refund come in and then the charges go against the card if there are insufficient points/bonuses currently in the account to cover the refunded amount.

Edited by SunsetPoint

I cancelled my cruise on March 8th. 

Received FCC on the 16th March... and cash back on my credit card (was posted on the 20th March). I booked directly with Celebrity.

So it was just under 2 weeks to receive $$$ and FCC I was very happy to receive this so quickly. 

10 minutes ago, nonstopcruz1 said:

I cancelled my cruise on March 8th. 

Received FCC on the 16th March... and cash back on my credit card (was posted on the 20th March). I booked directly with Celebrity.

So it was just under 2 weeks to receive $$$ and FCC I was very happy to receive this so quickly. 

We cancelled on the same day and received our FCC on the same day. But I'm still waiting for my refund. 😢

We cancelled one day later.. no refund to card

Nonstop...did you get an e mail or any notice  from X, the refund was going to your card.  Guess I'll call again tom.

Seems no rhyme or reason that we are privy to.

Edited by hcat

51 minutes ago, hcat said:

We cancelled one day later.. no refund to card

Nonstop...did you get an e mail or any notice  from X, the refund was going to your card.  Guess I'll call again tom.

Seems no rhyme or reason that we are privy to.

No we did not get an email or any notification from X I found out by checking with my credit card company. 

Nothing back to our card this a.m. Called X  this morning... got through fine, very short wait.

News was not good!

Very nice rep called the  Resolutions Dept about my 2 refunds... approx 12 to 15  minutes on hold.

Was advised  they are still being processed by  the Accounting Dept  located in Miami. Offices in Miami are  closed and everyone is working from home.

We cancelled our cruises before X cancelled  many other cruises.  We got a less fav deal under Cruise With Confidence  for Summit cancellation ( best at the time)  but not sure the files are being reviewed by order of cancellation date . Our other cancellation was pre final payment, just $500 for Apex.. That should be easy peasy..but also delayed!

Rep  estimated it would be another 2 to 3 weeks.  But does anyone really know?

Meanwhile they are still offering cruises to book! We still have deposits on 2 more cruises   Starting to wonder how much of pur money  we should continue having X hold?

Sorry for the grumpy attitude ...matches dreary NY weather and  everything  else going on!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Sorry for the grumpy attitude ...matches dreary NY weather and  everything  else going on!

The problem is that nothing seems to be going on.

People booked directly with X might have a faster route to reimbursement but those using a travel agent might be in for a long wait.  Offices are closed, staff has been reduced and those working from home have a long back log.

We were promised a cash refund (Credit Card) on the 7th of March.  Holding one's breath is no longer an option.

From my view, nothing is going on.... except people selling their stock.

The Celebrity refund process is difficult to understand. 

As mentioned above, our cruise was cancelled February 12 and we received our last refund portion on March 19. (Still waiting for the FCC). We received no emails or pre-notification on when refunds would be processed or separated in chunks.

This said, at least once during the process, I became aware that Celebrity had refunded my credit card, and for some reasons, the credit card was keeping it on hold for a while. (No apparent reasons. It was released when I called the credit card company.)

While we were waiting for our refund, people on our cruise received their refund and FCC. Some people on cruises cancelled and sailing post our cruise using the same TA as me also received their refunds before us.

This said, with a bit of patience, taking in consideration Celebrity staff work conditions and difficult circumstances, it worked! 

In conclusion, I am very happy and relieved with the outcome, despite the challenging process.

Was wondering if anyone else used the Resolutions Desk to get a refund? Originally the 4/11/2020 Summit sailing was on the list

of cancelations. I called Flights by Celebrity where it was confirmed and they cancelled my flights and said that a refund would appear on

my credit card. The following morning the sailing was UN-cancelled. Upon calling,  the rep had to go through the Resolutions Desk in order

to allow a refund for the cruise since it was back on. Good thing I had screen shots of the original cancellation posting......

Anyway, I've yet to receive a refund for my flights, a refund for my booking, or a cancellation notice from Celebrity. When I sign on to the site and click 

on Already Booked, my reservation looks to be active. Upon going on the American Airlines site, the reservation has been removed.....Unique times make for 

unique situations......

Anybody else in a similar situation? I guess I'll sit still for another week and see what happens before calling......

How does one politely say to Celebrity -   

rub it in

I would have preferred my FCC or Refund.    These were never requested as I would have been on a B2B2B and receiving them 2 days after a cruise was suppose to sail is a little concerning.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Haha 1

When I called to find out why my  2 refunds were not yet processed to my credit card, the  rep placed me on hold for about 12 minutes while she called Resolutions Dept.  This was a useless endeavor...they advised her it was in process with accounting.  YUP!

OP may have unique issues the  Reso Dept could be helpful with but in our case...just another dead end and waste of time!

Good luck!  Maybe contact the Cekeb One Touch Dept via e mail????

24 minutes ago, maxydu said:

Was wondering if anyone else used the Resolutions Desk to get a refund? Originally the 4/11/2020 Summit sailing was on the list

of cancelations. I called Flights by Celebrity where it was confirmed and they cancelled my flights and said that a refund would appear on

my credit card. The following morning the sailing was UN-cancelled. Upon calling,  the rep had to go through the Resolutions Desk in order

to allow a refund for the cruise since it was back on. Good thing I had screen shots of the original cancellation posting......

Anyway, I've yet to receive a refund for my flights, a refund for my booking, or a cancellation notice from Celebrity. When I sign on to the site and click 

on Already Booked, my reservation looks to be active. Upon going on the American Airlines site, the reservation has been removed.....Unique times make for 

unique situations......

Anybody else in a similar situation? I guess I'll sit still for another week and see what happens before calling......

With the huge volume of cancelled cruises it's going to be awhile before any of us see our refunds or FCCs.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

How does one politely say to Celebrity -   

rub it in

I would have preferred my FCC or Refund.    These were never requested as I would have been on a B2B2B and receiving them 2 days after a cruise was suppose to sail is a little concerning.

As someone who worked in IT all my career I have been personally responsible fo computer applications that have not adapted to situations in a very elegant manor.  There are other things to be concerned about.

Edited by Floater4life
  • Like 1

I cancelled our 6/27 Apex cruise with my travel agent on Saturday March 21st. I received my FCCs (I had booked 3 cabins) for the non refundable deposit on 3/24. Unfortunately one had the incorrect names while the other 2 were correct. They are supposed to be working on the correction. My refund amount totaled over $22000 and I received 96% of that yesterday--4 days after cancellation! I am very happy with the speed and willing to wait patiently for the rest. On the other hand we put out deposits of nearly $3000 for private tours in Italy and Spain and we have not received a dime although they all have "full refund" policies. Since those countries are really suffering, we are not pushing but maintaining contact. Fortunately our hotel rooms were not paid so no loss there. 

5 hours ago, Virgo61 said:

On the other hand we put out deposits of nearly $3000 for private tours in Italy and Spain and we have not received a dime although they all have "full refund" policies.

Italy is kinda locked down at the moment and perhaps they don’t have access to their offices.  I would give it a little time..

On 3/16/2020 at 7:27 PM, mafig said:

I think people would not be so concerned if Celebrity sent the confirmation email  the form said it would.

Exactly. 🙂 

36 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

Italy is kinda locked down at the moment and perhaps they don’t have access to their offices.  I would give it a little time..

My next sentence referenced the problems in those countries and our sympathy and willingness to wait.