How long will the refund take?

Ehg

1 hour ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I cancelled our July cruise on the Summit on March 10th.  The refund hit my credit card today, so just a few days short of a month.

Interesting that the credit hit my account today but it is dated April 1st...six days ago.

Today is only the 4th business day. It still has to process from their account to your bank. That's a pretty good turnaround. 

I received an email last night advising me of a balance due for our cancelled (by X) Millennium cruise on May 11, for which I requested a refund last week.  It’s been paid in full since the day we booked it. 

The amount corresponds to nothing that I can figure. On Delta’s website (air booked with Flights by Celebrity), LAX-SEA has disappeared but YVR-LAX still shows up (it’s Delta operated by Westjet, so I assume there is a lag in the transmission).  When I look at the breakdown, a new charge with a code I've never seen has appeared. I guess if they want to refund that to me, I can use it to pay for the Tylenol that I need trying to make sense of it all, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

A nightmare trying to get a refund for $10K. We spoke with the company on the day they cancelled and have been trying to get a refund since. First told they did not know a time frame.  5 days later was told 10 days for the taxes and fees and 30 days for the cruise.  A few days later after going back and forth with emails to the CEO, then got a call from an assist to the CEO, basically told the same thing.  After 10 days no refund for the taxes and fees.  Placed more calls/emails to directors 15 days later being told it’s being processed.  Sent more emails to directors and getting responses with their assistants telling they have pushed it thru as high as they could and now it’s waiting on accounting. After 30 days still nothing! Now could take 70 days.  

The executive assist that I have been working with has been incredibly awesome  doing  everything she can.  Along with being very understanding.  Also trying her best to keep me updated on the refund progress.  

But as I stated in my emails,  takes two days to charge my credit card. Should not take 30 days to get a refund.  Even with the shortage of help during this virus.  These are automated system. 
The fact that I pay interest on the charge and  celebrity makes interest on the money they are holding on to, is very insane. Specially when people need that money now more than ever being unemployed and no income.

Update to former post ---

Cruise cancelled on 3/7/2020 - now 50 days and counting - no refund of shore excursions, No FCC, no emails, no nothing. Big box TA is worthless. Celebrity no customer service is worthless.

Contemplating filing travel insurance claim based on cruise line being insolvent. Not optimistic.

At this point, will probably never book a cruise again. 

Thanks for the info on credit card disputes.  When our May 18 trip was canceled I immediately filed for a refund and got a quick confirmation but that said to allow 45 days,  For the cruise for July 3 that I canceled at final payment so the refund was only $600. That came through two days ago and took just under 30 days.   

The fine folks over at Princess are currently at 45 days for my refund for our Princess Lodges refund. At fr\irst they said 7-10 biz days, at the two week mark they said 60 days.  My follow up emails finally netted a call from them yesterday. It was not very pleasant and end with me telling that I did check both the inside and outside of our condo and I saw no signs saying "Mr. Click's Bank" or "we Make Loans"......and I suggested that the lady who was trying to be nice would do well to pass my comments up to the folks to do make decisions because their current policy will certainly keep me from ever booking with CCL or any of their subsidaries.  

The airlines are hit as hard as the cruise lines but they  are getting refunds out in less than two weeks, so are most of the small tour companies and hotels I deal with.  

I had paid in full for a January 2021 cruise.  On April 5, I requested a refund of everything except my $900 non-refundable deposit (NRD).  I received the refund to my credit card on April 23 (less than 3 weeks; I was impressed). If I re-book another cruise by October, I'll lose $200 and the remaining $700 of my NRD will be applied to the new cruise.  

The day before, on April 4, I canceled a shore excursion on the Jan. 2021 cruise. That refund came through on April 22. 

I booked directly through Celebrity.  On my first cruise years ago, I worked with a travel agent who owned a franchise of one of the best-known cruise planning companies and the TA was not good.  I've heard there are some great ones but I prefer to manage my own reservations. 

Today (28 April) Celebrity credited back to my credit card my non refundable deposit and taxes for our 28 March cruise they canceled and I elected the cash refund. I guess the cruise fare for that cruise will show up on the credit card next. We also had a 4 April cruise Celebrity cancelled and I elected the cash refund so those refunds should be next. Glad to see the refunds, finally!  

Edited by davekathy

On 4/26/2020 at 3:12 PM, MarkWiltonM said:

I had paid in full for a January 2021 cruise.  On April 5, I requested a refund of everything except my $900 non-refundable deposit (NRD).  I received the refund to my credit card on April 23 (less than 3 weeks; I was impressed). If I re-book another cruise by October, I'll lose $200 and the remaining $700 of my NRD will be applied to the new cruise.  

Regarding your non-refundable deposit of $900, under the Cruise with Confidence policy that was initiated around March 5, you should have the entire $900 returned as FCC. At least that is what my TA said when I cancelled our cruise on March 14.  Check out the Celebrity website for details. If you do not get the full $900 back, I would question this with Celebrity. That said, the cruise that we cancelled in mid-March and had made some advance payments for just got refunded to my credit card after 30 business days.  However, I am still waiting for the FCC for the non-refundable deposit. At first they gave me the same story about only getting $700 back, but when I mentioned the Cruise with Confidence policy, my TA is looking into it further with Celebrity.Good luck!

At the risk of cross posting, our refund took 48 days. We were cancelled on March 13th for our March 22nd Edge and requested a refund immediately. Waited until 31 days and called for a status got a little run around but were told it was authorized April 8th. Called again and was told there's a difference between authorized date and actual payout (ha, no kidding). Anyway, received deposit and taxes and port fees in 4 installments at about 44 days and received the final payment refund on the 48th day. We did consult with the CC company but did not file a complaint.

While our cruise wasn't canceled, we had asked for a refund of all monies but the deposit on our 2021 cruise on 4/8. When I called to pay the credit card today, the money had been refunded to us by Celebrity. Not sure of the exact date though. So within a month isn't bad.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:36 AM, toddmanka said:

Still waiting for refund from March 13 Reflection cruise

Hang in there!

We were on the ‘shortened’ March 13 Reflection Cruise as well.

FCC came through on April 17.

Refund applied to our credit card May 8. 

Couldn’t be happier by the way Celebrity treated us in this very unfortunate situation.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 7:15 PM, Ontario Cruiser said:

Please stop phoning Celebrity to follow up after you have requested your  booking to be cancelled. Patience is a virtue

Ontario Cruiser

Patience might be a virtue but it doesn't pay the bills when you have been made redundant. Seven weeks and waiting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sam49 said:

Patience might be a virtue but it doesn't pay the bills when you have been made redundant. Seven weeks and waiting

Totally agree. I cancelled my May 30 Mediterranean cruise March 5 and requested refund.  Payment was split on two credit cards mine and my friends. She received full refund March 17th I also received most of mine except for $1100 which was issued as a FCC.  Called CVP who in turn said FCC would be cancelled and remainder of refund issued to credit card. Finally got my money back April 20th. What annoys me is they should have rectified their error immediately rather than put me back into the long queue. Had I not been calling on a regular basis I'd still be waiting. Very poor service. 

Cruise date - March 23, 2020

Cruise cancelled March 14th by Celebrity, full refund requested

Received notice of cancellation from Celebrity (via TA) on March 24th indicating refund would be applied to credit card.

Still waiting - closing in on 60 days from cancellation date.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:28 AM, tallfir said:

Update to former post ---

Cruise cancelled on 3/7/2020 - now 50 days and counting - no refund of shore excursions, No FCC, no emails, no nothing. Big box TA is worthless. Celebrity no customer service is worthless.

Contemplating filing travel insurance claim based on cruise line being insolvent. Not optimistic.

At this point, will probably never book a cruise again. 

On cruise with Confindence got refund 50% in 2 days.  The FCC took 61days.  On a cancellation in March group of cancellations am still waiting for the FCC.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:29 PM, Crown Vic said:

Hang in there!

We were on the ‘shortened’ March 13 Reflection Cruise as well.

FCC came through on April 17.

Refund applied to our credit card May 8. 

Couldn’t be happier by the way Celebrity treated us in this very unfortunate situation.

Thanks 

received most of my credit back from Celebrity on May 7 very pleased only 209.12 short which is the taxes 

and port fees   . Will follow up next week

We were on Asia India cruise which was canceled mid cruise March 10 in Mumbai. 
we have received full credit card refund   Only a small amount due for drink package upgrade paid online. 
called April 10, was told refund had been processed and would be on credit card in 5 to 10 business days. Checked with credit card a few days later and was told refund had been received and in process of being added to card. Did see it on until April 27 but was listed as posted on April 19. Still waiting for Citibank to send cash to our bank account. 
i have no complaints about how Celebrity Handled our refunds or first 7 days of cruise. First 7 days were actually free.

22 hours ago, toddmanka said:

Thanks 

received most of my credit back from Celebrity on May 7 very pleased only 209.12 short which is the taxes 

and port fees   . Will follow up next week

Good stuff! We, too, are waiting but for a balance of $156.

Not sure exactly what this amount covers. Shall wait and see what happens. 

Even so, happy to have the major refund applied to our credit card.

Looking forward to cruising again in December...hopefully.

The main thing is to stay healthy...

Edited by Crown Vic