Norwegian Bliss in CDC list of affected sailings (Norwegian Bliss: voyage departing 3/1/20 and any subsequent voyages)

AdoraBelle

This is what was in the letter:

The safety and security of our guests and crew are at all times our first priority. Guests who traveled on the March 1, 2020 and March 8, 2020 voyages of Norwegian Bliss received a letter sharing information per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding a two-year-old who traveled aboard the vessel on the March 1, 2020 voyage who tested positive for COVID-19. At this time, we are not aware of other similar cases from these voyages. However, in an abundance of caution, the CDC asked that we make guests of the two mentioned voyages aware. This is all the information we have to share at this time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dianneace said:

i emailed customer service about this.  I was on the 3/1/2020 sailing and the attached letter looked so generic.  It seems very odd to me.

Look on NCL's Facebook site.  Also, PCCs have confirmed.  I didn't want to believe it either.  I was on the 3/8 sailing.

2 hours ago, dianneace said:

i emailed customer service about this.  I was on the 3/1/2020 sailing and the attached letter looked so generic.  It seems very odd to me.

Not saying it is true or not. 

However it is weird to see a major corporation send something like that our in Word format.  You can pull the author information off the letter and that also looks weird for something originating from a corporate computer.  Perhaps someone at NCL working from home.

There is no document numbered 5483 or 5482 or 5484.

For search on their website. All other press release documents will show a search result using DocumentCenter/View/#### (where #### is the press release number)

However, the address is legit and that link is hosted on their website. So, IT employee screwing around?

52 minutes ago, HalfHand said:

There is no document numbered 5483 or 5482 or 5484.

For search on their website. All other press release documents will show a search result using DocumentCenter/View/#### (where #### is the press release number)

However, the address is legit and that link is hosted on their website. So, IT employee screwing around?

I am not sure why folks are questioning this.  It was not only sent by email from NCL, it was confirmed on their verified Twitter account.  It is REAL.

The conspiracy theorists are out in droves. 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pcakes122 said:

I am not sure why folks are questioning this.  It was not only sent by email from NCL, it was confirmed on their verified Twitter account.  It is REAL.

The conspiracy theorists are out in droves. 😂

No conspiracy. Someone asked, I looked at it. My statements were factual.

My last statement was the address was legit and it was hosted on their site.

I have no idea why it isn't listed with their other press releases, so I offered a guess.

6 hours ago, HalfHand said:

No conspiracy. Someone asked, I looked at it. My statements were factual.

My last statement was the address was legit and it was hosted on their site.

I have no idea why it isn't listed with their other press releases, so I offered a guess.

The answer to that it obvious.   They don’t want this information out there any more than they are forced to share it.   

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

If a government agency is posting that picture with a cruise ship, it isn't a NCL ship, it is MSC. Looks like Divinia.

MSC has an affected ship as well. The original document from the CDC lists the following ships:

Azamara Quest: voyage departing 2/10/20 and any subsequent voyages
Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas: voyage departing 2/29/20 and any subsequent voyages
MSC Meraviglia: voyage departing 3/1/20 and any subsequent voyages
Norwegian Bliss: voyage departing 3/1/20 and any subsequent voyages
Costa Luminosa: voyage departing 3/5/20 and any subsequent voyages
Celebrity Summit: voyage departing 3/7/20 and any subsequent voyages

I'm assuming this isn't a bigger deal since no one (at the corporate or federal government level) has the time or resources to do anything about it at this point in the game, and since the genie is already out of the bottle w/r/t community spread in the US. Hence the CDC directing people to their local health departments. 

Edited by AdoraBelle

It's being chatted on social media. CruiseRadio news as well ... It no true, I think NCL would've stated otherwise in the tweets 

Collage 2020-03-17 12_46_18.jpg

The Bliss still anchored off Stapleton, State Island now - ship's livecam showing the shorelines of South Brooklyn ...  Let's see if she's heading to Bermuda later on.  

Edited by mking8288

On 3/16/2020 at 3:48 PM, Mira28 said:

We’re just off the Bliss (3/8 sailing from New York). I’d like to know the source and accuracy of this information if anyone has it. Thank you.

We were on the 3/8 sailing and were notified 2 days ago that a 2 year old has tested positive from the 03/01 sailing.

We were on floor 10 aft and they had a family from North of NYC quarantined in their cabin until cabin until they were let off in Nassau,

Hi, Thanks for this information. I also got the letter about the child from the 3/1 cruise. I didn’t know about the quarantined family on our cruise. 
 I did hear the captain say that there was no infection on the ship, so I have to wonder why he said that.

15 hours ago, edsbiggbuck said:

We were on the 3/8 sailing and were notified 2 days ago that a 2 year old has tested positive from the 03/01 sailing.

We were on floor 10 aft and they had a family from North of NYC quarantined in their cabin until cabin until they were let off in Nassau,

I wonder what happened to the family once off the ship ?

3 hours ago, edsbiggbuck said:

No Idea . We asked and never given an answer.

HIPAA and privacy rules probably the governing principles here in not releasing or sharing those info ... it doesn't help - from a practical standpoint - to "track" community infection, which has been growing in the NY area.  Those confirmed counts will continue to go up, spiking & rising fast due to better testing availability.  

On 3/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, mking8288 said:

HIPAA and privacy rules probably the governing principles here in not releasing or sharing those info ... it doesn't help - from a practical standpoint - to "track" community infection, which has been growing in the NY area.  Those confirmed counts will continue to go up, spiking & rising fast due to better testing availability.  

I under stand HIPAA they still should have told the Passengers.