Captain Kate’s Instastory March 16,2020

CruiserMickey

I was hoping she would be going off now then back on when I go August 15 out of Rome.  That would have been 3 months for her break.  She's one fantastic lady I've sailed with I think 3 times.  Will really miss not being on with her if she's not.  Guess I'll just have to book another one!

We were on the March 8th sailing, the last cruise on the Edge before the cruise stoppage.  The staff on that ship were the best we’ve ever experienced in over 20 cruises and we are so happy that everyone is well, that they’re being taken care of , and they are getting some “me” time. 

They most certainly deserve it

Hopefully this stoppage will end in the near future

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is the latest...two crew members who were 2019 Employees of the Year were give one week stays in the Edge Villas!

I recognize one of them as the person who helped us with our Extend Your Stay excursion, but I don’t recall her name. She was awesome!

I would hope that the cabins get deep cleaned and sanitized when the crew vacates them.  Since it is impossible to test all the crew, any who have the virus but are asymptomatic can leave the virus in the cabin after their stay.  No one would know except the next inhabitants of that cabin.

Yeah, it seemed like a real feel good heartfelt story, but sometimes in times like this, you have to peel back the veneer to get the real deal.

I admire Captain Kate and fully expect that she has a plan to sanitize every cabin that her crew will have used.

Since they are on the ship away from any land or contact with people for 30 days and the virus has a 14 day exposure period, my math tells me there isn't any concern. I hope you didn't mean to but using the word sanitize twice in reference to the crew use of the cabins sounds like the crew is somehow less acceptable than any other guest using the cabin. They're welcome in my cabin anytime!

• Like 6

On 3/17/2020 at 7:27 AM, cruise47 said:

The stateroom assignments must be based upon rank and seniority.

I don't think so. I heard there was a drawing. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) 

Sailed the Edge in February with Captain Kate. 

In any event, it's leadership at it's best. The Celebrity brand goes up one notch in my opinion. 

• Like 2