Cruise Critic Community
mpclaw

Email In poor taste and long term financial stability.

9 hours ago, TER777 said:

I was referring to my change fees for the Flying Dutchman Cruise. 

We submitted our air change documentation/reimbursement request to Crystal on 2/20/20. The check from Crystal was cut on 3/12/20 and we received it via regular US Mail on 3/17/20. 

Rob

Posted (edited)

I am still getting tons of brochures in the mail; switch the marketing people to processing refunds.  And kill the marketing budgets for now.  Keeping loyal customers waiting for their money in a crisis will cost future business.  The cruise lines had plenty of warning and some (not Crystal) still managed to do the wrong thing by trying shove passenger onto ships as late as last Friday and try to keep ships going.  I feel really bad for those stranded at sea.

Edited by resistk

We are not increasing Crystal’s work at the moment. Three cruises booked including the WC 2022. We are still booked. No refunds requested. Fingers crossed 🤞. Good luck with your refunds and I hope you book with Crystal again.

Ivi

5 minutes ago, resistk said:

I am still getting tons of brochures in the mail; switch the marketing people to processing refunds.  And kill the marketing budgets for now.  Keeping loyal customers waiting for their money in a crisis will cost future business.

The brochures you're getting now were designed and printed long before the current situation. If you don't allow them to take the time to make the refunds in an orderly manner, there won't be a cruise line for any future business. 

Patty

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, resistk said:

I am still getting tons of brochures in the mail; switch the marketing people to processing refunds.  And kill the marketing budgets for now.  Keeping loyal customers waiting for their money in a crisis will cost future business.  The cruise lines had plenty of warning and some (not Crystal) still managed to do the wrong thing by trying shove passenger onto ships as late as last Friday and try to keep ships going.  I feel really bad for those stranded at sea.

I guess you feel your refund is the most important item on Crystal's list. Take a deep breath and relax, you'll get your refund.

Re marketing budget - have you ever heard the phrase "In good times, you should advertise, in bad times you MUST advertise"?

Edited by suzeluvscruz

I'm thinking there are those posting here who might benefit from meditation or yoga. If that fails, it might be time to go to Xanax! 🥴😏😲

Patty

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ryndam said:

Deleted by crickette.

Edited by crickette

43 minutes ago, suzeluvscruz said:

I guess you feel your refund is the most important item on Crystal's list. Take a deep breath and relax, you'll get your refund.

I wonder...is he the fellow I saw in the Bistro snapping his fingers at the guys there?   Nah, couldn't be.

Personally I think all of us have a lot more to worry about than e mails  or brochures. 

If you don’t like them delete the e mails and have your name removed from the brochures  

What  I would be concerned about is if we will go into a tail spin which will make the 2008 collapse look like a walk in the park. 

Keith

Junk mail from Crystal is not a significant complaint this day in age in my opinion.   Seriously I get a stack of it that goes to recycling everyday.  Who doesn't?   I think it is going to stop as people stay home from non essential business.  Oh wait is advertising essential? 🙃

2 hours ago, ijkh said:

Seriously I get a stack of it that goes to recycling everyday.  Who doesn't? 

If the TP situation gets desperate for you, perhaps those brochures could take the place of the old Sears catalogs?

🙂

If you gauge the financial condition of Cruise lines by the number of brochures (worse financial = most brochures) then Regent and Silversea are near bankruptcy..

Posted (edited)

UNUSUAL WALL STREET CLOSING PRICES ON MAR 20---

Dow down 4.55%  |  S&P down 4.34%  | 

Carnival (CCL) up 20%  |  Royal Caribbean (RCL) up 6.25%  |  Norwegian (NCLH))  up 5.95%

Doesn't this suggest there's some good news?   Is US Senate"s bill under consideration going to include a bailout for the cruise lines?

Since Genting HK (Crystal''s company) is not  US company, it may not matter.

Edited by Jim9310
add more

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jim9310 said:

UNUSUAL WALL STREET CLOSING PRICES ON MAR 20---

Dow down 4.55%  |  S&P down 4.34%  | 

Carnival (CCL) up 20%  |  Royal Caribbean (RCL) up 6.25%  |  Norwegian (NCLH))  up 5.95%

Doesn't this suggest there's some good news?   Is US Senate"s bill under consideration going to include a bailout for the cruise lines?

Since Genting HK (Crystal''s company) is not  US company, it may not matter.

Wells Fargo analyst put out a "buy" on CCL.  His reasoning was potential bail out (and best capitalized company of the lines).  We will see but a cruise line bail-out will be a hard sell, and probably should not be allowed to happen.  Not a vital industry to the security nor the economy of the USA. 90%+ of jobs in the cruise industry are non-US citizens.

Love Crystal, but overseas owned companies, of any type, need not apply.

Edited by flyingshoes

Crystal is now going over 90 days and I am getting concerned.  Any thoughts on how much longer it can take for a refund? Cancelled March 4 and today is 90 days out. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, katieaz said:

Crystal is now going over 90 days and I am getting concerned.  Any thoughts on how much longer it can take for a refund? Cancelled March 4 and today is 90 days out. 

We also cancelled on March 4 and today is the 122 day mark so you're way beyond the promised 90 day refund.  I filed a credit card dispute a few days ago and I suggest you do the same.  Can't wait for Crystal to get it's act together and pay us our due.

Carole

Edited by caroak

59 minutes ago, katieaz said:

More like 120 days out.

Posted (edited)

I just got my refund at 115 days.  My credit card transaction list shows it as 6/30, but it was not there when I looked earlier this afternoon.  It became visible on 7/3 in the late afternoon.  It would not have happened without intervention by my TA.  She called Crystal on 6/15 and they said they were processing it that day.  Two weeks later it had not come through.  On 6/29, I called Crystal and they refused to talk to me without my TA on the line.  So she called them right after that and they told her they processed it right then while she was on the phone.  And I guess the second time they were telling the truth.

Apparently they were (and probably still are) working on cancellations from the first half of March, so maybe they will get to March 4 soon.  It took 3 full days after the date of the refund before I could see it in my credit card account.

Edited by SusieQft

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Apparently they were (and probably still are) working on cancellations from the first half of March, so maybe they will get to March 4 soon. 

SusieQft, glad you received your refund.  At 115 days and after TA intervention, Crystal finally delivered. 

This pandemic hit all cruise lines in late Feb/early March when they were forced to make changes to current and pending cruises.  Among the luxury lines, some have been successful in processing refunds efficiently and are now essentially caught up (Regent) while others (Seabourn) have responded to cancellations within a 60-day timeline with only a few exceptions.  Yet Crystal is still processing refunds for cancellations from early March?  And suggesting refunds may take longer over the summer? OK.

Yes, I agree that Crystal is doing much worse than what people are reporting on Regent and Seabourn.

Posted (edited)

I’ve called Crystal multiple times over the past 3 weeks and have been given every story in the book ( we’ll prioritize you,  I’m sending an email now to assure your refund is done,  should be refunded on day 90,  we are up to March 14th cancellations,  there are layers of approvals required and each takes weeks....).  As someone who’s income was materially impacted by this pandemic,  I need my cash back and not on Crystals balance sheet.  Im over 110 days now and I’ll be doing a charge back with Amex next week. Sadly the poor way this was handled (just be transparent and communicate) has impacted my desire to support Crystal in the future.  

Edited by avalon1025