Miami Pre-cruise

HodgeNNicole

We are getting in Friday afternoon for a Sat departure. May 9 well fingers crossed anyway. Looking at a couple of hotel options.

1) Novotel Miami Brickell

2)YVE Hotel Miami

3)Hyatt Regency Miami

YVE is across the street from Bayside market which is where we were thinking about going for dinner so leaning that way.  Looking for any personal experience or recommendations please.

If your focus is Bayside Market I would also look at the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn.  Just a little bit further away are the  Doubletree and the next door Marriott.

Good luck! 

The Intercontental is over $400/night and the YVE is $185 which was the main reason I was looking at the YVE.  

I can live with the small rooms we are going to be in a cabin for the whole week so what's 1 more night LOL.

Just want to make sure it is safe and clean the rest is fine we were planning on using Uber/Lyft to get to and from the airport and the cruise port so shuttle/breakfast etc not that big of a deal.

On 3/16/2020 at 9:09 PM, HodgeNNicole said:

We are getting in Friday afternoon for a Sat departure. May 9 well fingers crossed anyway. Looking at a couple of hotel options.

1) Novotel Miami Brickell

2)YVE Hotel Miami

3)Hyatt Regency Miami

YVE is across the street from Bayside market which is where we were thinking about going for dinner so leaning that way.  Looking for any personal experience or recommendations please.

We stayed there a couple of years ago. The hotel is an old building with small rooms. We enjoyed our stay, had no problems. The staff was great.

I would suggest any Brickell area hotel. Far more options for good dining and shopping, most within easy walking distance. Bayside market is just a tourist spot with the usual chain restaurants.

Hampton inn and suites Brickell is very popular with cruisers. 

My husband and I enjoyed a five day stay in Brickell last month at a friend's condo at the Icon in the W Hotel building.

It was amazing.  I am at the point that I like Brickell better than South Beach because it has gotten a bit ratchet.

13 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

… it has gotten a bit ratchet.

Ratchet? 🤔 

Did you mean "retched"? I can see crowded, overrun with tourists, expensive, etc. but all of SB being retched?

On 3/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, VideoTech said:

I would suggest any Brickell area hotel. Far more options for good dining and shopping, most within easy walking distance. Bayside market is just a tourist spot with the usual chain restaurants.

Hampton inn and suites Brickell is very popular with cruisers. 

I am also looking for a pre-cruise hotel in Miami and am interested in the Hampton Inn. The website says they have a happy hour - do you know what this is about? In the past when we cruised out of FLL we stayed at the Embassy Suites (also a Hilton property) and they had finger food and free drinks 5-7. Is this the same type of thing?

Thanks for your info!

On 3/26/2020 at 9:19 AM, JohninDC said:

Ratchet? 🤔 

Did you mean "retched"? I can see crowded, overrun with tourists, expensive, etc. but all of SB being retched?

No ratchet.

Girls in fights on Ocean Drive pulling each other's weaves out with fifty people standing around filming it.

Ratchet.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:42 PM, smooth_sailin said:

I am also looking for a pre-cruise hotel in Miami and am interested in the Hampton Inn. The website says they have a happy hour - do you know what this is about? In the past when we cruised out of FLL we stayed at the Embassy Suites (also a Hilton property) and they had finger food and free drinks 5-7. Is this the same type of thing?

Thanks for your info!

We've stayed here several times. Great hotel and my favorite thing is the fact that we've never had "elevator issues" the morning of the cruise (we were able to get on an elevator without a problem).

The Happy Hour was just 1 or 2 free drinks at the hotel bar. No free food, but there are plenty of great places to eat in Brickell.