Cancellations info

Bobbingbob

Could anyone please kindly tell me how Costa deal with cancellations? Is it necessary to hang on the phone to them for ages and do they give an instant refund eg, on your credit card if that is how you have paid?

Advance thanks for your help.
Cheers Bob

All refunds are paid back into the account they were taken from.

Italy is in lock-down customer services are mainly working from home, our friend who is in Genoa has said they are overrun with calls in some cases which are being transferred to their home phones.

I really feel for the cruise lines questions must be coming from all sides, & with over 1500 deaths in Italy it is understandable, 

Thanks very much ,Tenpin. I also feel very sad indeed about all this and for the Costa employees trying to deal with our phone calls etc. many of whom we have been chatting to for several years.

I wondered why I had received a reply to an email (I had sent a day or two earlier) late on Saturday which I now realise came from the home of the Costa employee. Never known them to be working on a Saturday so that just shows how difficult things are. 

Having put off cancelling I am now reluctantly going to have to do so. I didn’t think companies were allowed to keep your credit card details so as I have always paid this way, I thought I would have to persevere and try to speak to someone. I will send an email, too, confirming my cancellation.

We are in Spain right now caught up in the lockdown here and it is disturbing as the Spanish do not seem to be taking it onboard as there still seem to be a lot of people out and about. The latest Coronavirus figures here are alarming. Just seen the latest French measures clarified and I have to say I think the French government are dealing with this much better than some.

5 hours ago, Bobbingbob said:

Could anyone please kindly tell me how Costa deal with cancellations? Is it necessary to hang on the phone to them for ages and do they give an instant refund eg, on your credit card if that is how you have paid?

Advance thanks for your help.
Cheers Bob

4 hours ago, tenpin said:

All refunds are paid back into the account they were taken from.

Italy is in lock-down customer services are mainly working from home, our friend who is in Genoa has said they are overrun with calls in some cases which are being transferred to their home phones.

I really feel for the cruise lines questions must be coming from all sides, & with over 1500 deaths in Italy it is understandable, 

I strongly believe that not only have customers from Costa been hung out to dry but I believe their call centre staff have also been hung out to dry. Costa management are a disgrace and their president should resign or be sacked, his handling of all this has been shameful.

As to the original question, on the Costa UK site there is a option for you to get them to call you back at the time you want. Whether it is still in operation or they do call you back is anybody's guess. I will be trying that method tomorrow. 

I have the deepest fondest regards for al the Ladies who work in H.O. in Genoa they have always been extremely professional in all my dealings with them. We have met up in Savona while docked there with some of them over the years, & have both given & received many gifts from them.

H.O on the other hand have never given me a straight answer to any letters often not even a reply, since closing the London office their record of customer satisfaction has been dismal.

But please understand just how overwhelmed customer services are with Italy in lock down & little information coming from their leaders. This does not make it right all you can do is keep trying.

Updates on boarding, disembarking and cancellations

Last update: March 17.

Costa Smeralda

Cruises departing on March 14, 21 and 28 are canceled. The ship will resume on April 4 from Savona.

Costa Diadema

Cruises departing on March 14 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 5 from Savona.

Costa Pacifica

The ship will arrive on March 21 in Marseille and on March 23 in Genoa, where all guests will disembark. Cruises departing March 23, 27 and April 3 will be canceled. The ship will resume on April 4 from Barcelona.

Costa Fascinosa 

Cruises departing on March 14, 17, 20 onward will be cancelled. The ship will resume on May 3 from Genoa.

Costa Favolosa

Cruises departing on March 14, 21, 28 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 10 from Savona.

Costa Magica

Cruises departing on March 13 and 20 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 3 from Barcelona.

Costa Fortuna

Cruises departing on March 10 and 19 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 9 from Savona.

Costa Luminosa

The ship will arrive on March 19 in Marseille where all guests, with the exception of Italian guests, will disembark. Italian guests will disembark on March 19 in Savona. Cruises departing on March 25 will be canceled. The ship will resume on April 5 from Venice.

Costa Victoria

The ship will arrive on March 28 in Venice, or Trieste, based on the operability of the ports. Cruises departing on March 28, 31, April 10 and 14 are cancelled. Operations will resume as scheduled on April 25 in Venice.

Costa Mediterranea

Cruises departing on March 14 will be canceled. The ship will resume on April 10 from Venice.

Costa Deliziosa

Current itineraries will be completed to allow guests to disembark and return home.

So on the 17/3 they announced that the cruise on the 14/3 has been cancelled.

And I think that is the frustration - it's pretty obvious to everyone that they aren't going to be resuming sailings on 4th April but rather than making that call several weeks out like literally every other cruise line has done, they won't do it until the night before!  It leaves people not knowing if they are getting a refund or if they are taking a risk.  

Some others have got a 150% free Cruise credit certificate.

the 50% bonus is only on the basic fare while hopefully, the taxes and port fees paid will be refunded at par just like the prepaid gratuities

On 3/17/2020 at 7:43 AM, drsel said:

Costa cancelled my Mar, Apr 2021 cruises and is offering a full refund or 30% discount on any future Cruise upto November 2020

Can anyone who has this type of info in writing please post it.  My Mom was on the line with them yesterday and even though they have cancelled her cruise she was told NO refund, only FCC and it is only valid for a year.

Update from Costa...

Do you have a confirmed booking for one of the canceled cruises?

Due to the protracted emergency situation linked to the global Covid-19 pandemic and with the further introduction of containment measures (such as closing ports and restrictions on the movement of people who do not actually allow to operate), Costa Cruises has decided to extend the voluntary suspension of its cruises until April 30.

As previously communicated, the cruises currently underway are ending their current itinerary only to allow guests to disembark and return home.

Costa Cruises is taking steps to inform travel agents and customers affected by the changes, who will receive a voucher equivalent to what the Company has collected, as a form of greater guarantee for travelers.

Call our Cruise Experts at 0800.3890622 or contact your Travel Agency for further information 

Read the table below for information on canceled cruises:

Last update March 25.

Costa Diadema - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until May 2nd.

Costa Fascinosa - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until May 2nd..

Costa Favolosa - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until May 1st.

Costa Fortuna - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until May 7th.

Costa Magica - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Costa Mediterranea - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until May 8th.

Costa Smeralda - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until May 1st.

Costa Luminosa - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Costa Pacifica - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until April 30th.

Costa Victoria - SUSPENDED ACTIVITY

Cruises canceled until April 24th.

Costa Deliziosa - CRUISING

The current World Tour itinerary will be completed to allow guests to disembark and return home. Cruises canceled until May 1st.

Have to say, I very much doubt any cruises will be going anywhere in May. 

I have found this on a TA website, there is a Costa link at the bottom of the page, however it only directs you to the Costa FAQ page. Has anybody seen this update regarding cancellations on the Costa site?, if so can you please link.

Costa Cruises Cancellation and Refund Policy

Cancellation Updates:
Recent updates have been made to cancellation schedules and refund guidelines for various cruise lines. Contact your Sales Agent or our Customer Service department online, via email, or by phone at 1-800-427-8473 and ask about potential opportunities for flexible cancellation policies, rebooking opportunities and other options.

Costa Cruises' Temporary Cancellation Policy:
NEW [Temporary] Policy: If your cruise is cancelled by Costa, you will receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equal to 150% of the price paid for the cancelled cruise. Guests with bookings in May and June who decide to sail will receive a $100 Onboard Credit per guest and will have 48 hours prior to departure to cancel and still receive a FCC equal to the amount paid. This will be good for one year from the issue date for all rebooked sailings through November 2021. Guests not on the cancelled sailings but who are under penalty and elect, or have elected, to cancel after February 22, 2020, will receive a FCC equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid to date. The new booking must be made within 12 months of the day of its issuance and is valid for departures through November 2021. For new bookings made before June 30, 2020 and set to sail by November 30, 2020, this 48 hour cancellation policy is also valid.
Sailing Window: All bookings sailing now through November 30, 2020
Booking Types: New and existing bookings

Unless the Costa Cruises gives the Guest written notice that other terms apply, if the Guest cancels for any reason, he or she will only be refunded the Cruise Fare or a portion thereof paid depending upon the specific itinerary and when the Contract was canceled. Cancellations and requests for refund must be communicated to Costa Cruises by calling 1-800-GO-COSTA during operational hours. All documents (deposit receipt or passage tickets) issued by Carrier must be returned before any refund can be processed. Cancellation charges, per person, will be assessed as follows:

Basic Fares

Days Prior to Departure Cancellation Charge Per Guest
Booking - 90 Days 15 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
89 - 57 Days 25 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
56 - 30 Days 50 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
29 - 15 Days 75 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
14 - 0 Days No refund

Last Modified: 11/01/2018

dot_DBEDF1.gif

Costa Comfort / Deluxe Fares & Suites

Booking - 90 Days Full Refund
89 - 57 Days Deposit Amount (plus $50 fee for air cancellation)
56 - 30 Days 50 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
29 - 15 Days 75 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
14 - 0 Days No refund

Last Modified: 11/01/2018

dot_DBEDF1.gif

World / Grand Cruises

Booking - 90 Days 15 percent of the cruise fare
89 - 57 Days 25 percent of cruise (plus $50 fee for air cancellation)
56 - 45 Days 50 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
44 - 30 Days 75 percent of cruise fare/air add-on/hotel
29 - 0 Days No refund

Last Modified: 07/22/2014

dot_DBEDF1.gif

The Guest will be charged a fifty U.S. dollar (US$50) administrative fee for changes to bookings after cruise documents have been issued. A change of a booking from an air/sea package to cruise only constitutes a cancellation of the air portion of the package and is subject to the cancellation charges indicated above.

Cancellation and administrative charges apply to both individual and group bookings. The above charges do not include cancellation or change fees that may be applied by air carriers, hotels or other independent contractors, which will be assessed in accordance with each supplier's policies.

Cancellation Policies are subject to change by the cruise line. For the most current Costa Cruises and Refund Policies, please refer to the Costa Cruises website or a Costa Cruises brochure.

Link to Costa Cruises cancellation policies:
http://www.costacruise.com/contents/USA/pdf/Passage_Ticket_Contract_USA2015.pdf

• Like 1