Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

Be sure to drive some balls off the back. That’s our friend receiving his award - for accidentally driving the club off the ship along with the ball. Be sure to do enough to earn a Shipshape shirt and visor. Also, if you decide to get a styrofoam cooler and a case of beer in port, your room steward will happily keep it full of ice for you.  

20FC456A-DB45-437B-AD31-BD03B12E00B5.jpeg

DB144A16-E4DF-4897-BB9E-F7CC7BDFE31B.jpeg

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Now if only they had a lounge for people like us that stay in these type of rooms.

And only for people who stay in those types of rooms.  I bet they would have windows that overlook the ocean that you could sit by!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Wait, what are we talking about here?

Why the ship, of course.  Oh, I can see how that can be taken another way.😏

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Finally found our suite. Thank god. I’m glad we splurged for the extra room. 

Oh, you are so lucky.  We have bunk beds.  I would post a picture, but it appears I don’t have any of the cabin where we have clothes on.  Must be a luggage delivery problem.  They should really put wheels on luggage. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, alexkrn46 said:

Have you found your dining room assigned table? Hopefully it will be near the Captain’s Table.

I just love dinner in the dining room.  So many courses and it's so fancy!  The waiters come by and serve a selection of vegetables with our entree' and then when they bring out the dessert tray - oh my.  Makes me feel so special.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kellybc said:

Be sure to drive some balls off the back. That’s our friend receiving his award - for accidentally driving the club off the ship along with the ball. Be sure to do enough to earn a Shipshape shirt and visor. Also, if you decide to get a styrofoam cooler and a case of beer in port, your room steward will happily keep it full of ice for you.  

20FC456A-DB45-437B-AD31-BD03B12E00B5.jpeg

DB144A16-E4DF-4897-BB9E-F7CC7BDFE31B.jpeg

🎵...who wears short, shorts...🎵

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Speaking of short shorts, I would LOVE to see what you and the Mrs. have chosen to wear on your journey!

Currently wearing this:

4b297f160082f51bd4b2817bed80fc7a.jpg

If my short shorts were any shorter you all would get a sneak peek at the acorn I have hiding in my center pocket.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

On 3/18/2020 at 1:10 PM, shipgeeks said:

What is internet?  Is that a dance?  Pool game?

I am currently in college studying Computer Science (it has a good chance to be the next big thing.  I just like working with computers)

Never heard of the internet.  However our university is connected to the ARPAnet, a DOD sponsored computer network between universities along with DOD organizations. 

The cool side thing is that this thing called usenet piggybacked off the infrastructure. People spread across the country can post messages to "forums".  My favorite is the Disney and recipe forums.  Not sure if non-computer geeks will ever want to do this.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gatour said:

I am currently in college studying Computer Science (it has a good chance to be the next big thing.  I just like working with computers)

Never heard of the internet.  However our university is connected to the ARPAnet, a DOD sponsored computer network between universities along with DOD organizations. 

The cool side thing is that this thing called usenet piggybacked off the infrastructure. People spread across the country can post messages to "forums".  My favorite is the Disney and recipe forums.  Not sure if non-computer geeks will ever want to do this.

And I had started thinking maybe Internet is a fishing net thing that they use on ships for catching the seafood they serve.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:18 AM, Yorkvillain said:

We have arrived in Florida! The Sunshine State! I LOVE all the palm trees. It’s exactly how I always pictured paradise.

Courtney and I both woke up with this weird flu bug today - some upper respiratory issues and feeling a little short of breath. In fact, most people on our flight had it too. Oh well, I’m sure it’s nothing. It’s vacation time after all! We’re in Florida!

Some photographs of our airplane and flight down. I read today’s entire New York Times from front to back and then took a nice nap on the way down.

2bec5cfbab75610e61f3c6e4de101ad8.jpg

0838799788853caab8d108dda4ca141a.jpg

7fecaa169c556121464605096edf1274.jpg4ca35b24628f19598987649a259c3812.jpg

64ab345cbe77525121f295aeb0df314d.jpg

1752350ee2d200de7ce84f42f1b90d4a.jpg

Love these TWA pictures.  I worked for them in the late 80s Early 90s at the Kansas City Maintenance base.  Helped rebuild the Connie and I have been inside the wing of that 747-100

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Decent turnout for the optional muster drill a short time ago. 

What is a muster drill?  We had to take our life jackets from our cabin to a US Coast Guard Emergency Drill.  At least that is what they call it on Big Norway, in the daily schedule we got.  It shows all our activities for the day, and it is two type written pages.  Can you imagine how many typists they must have to do these?

I like how open and airy our lifeboats are.  I would hate if they were covered.  You can see all around, and it makes it so easy if you have to bail out water.

F001530A-A9B6-4484-8E86-5E0100193D6D.thumb.jpeg.2f4f30c0a8fceb0da07bb18ef4a14b96.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 3