Song of Norway LIVE (March 19, 2020)

Kudos to the staff of the Song of Norway - the friendliest crew in the fleet. Handing out amphetamines and rubbers to everyone on line at the bathroom was a genius idea. Much better than a deck of cards!

c69e903a97600c2733265961012cc618.jpg

3f925667b14a55782c1e0ada0cbfa24a.jpg

afb3950badab237d6a83456380311453.jpg

4ce358e6c05c7a1afb7b3d81631e3899.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Do you have any children onboard?  I have not seen any!!!

On our daily schedule for the "Big Norway", it says children at the indoor pool and fitness center must be accompanied by an adult, and that they are only allowed there between 3:30 and 4:30 Monday thru Saturday.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to bring a child on a cruise.  What could they possibly do?

I haven’t seen that many little terrors running around. Probably because they are all playing that pinball machine by the deck 3 stairwell.

All that dancing must have worked up an appetite!  Were there any congealed salads on the Midnight Buffett?! 

Since we were well stocked up on nightclub bathroom line handouts - we decided to skip the buffet and go back to the room and make whoopee.

Courtney commented first thing this morning that we should have went to the buffet instead. Something about the food at the buffet probably lasted longer or something.
  • Like 9
  • Haha 7

On 3/17/2020 at 11:19 AM, Yorkvillain said:

Hi everyone! In just a few short days we will be sailing on the beautiful Song of Norway for our caribbean adventure this year. We booked this cruise SIX years ago - and just last week I drove to my travel agent’s office and handed him our 8th and final payment check so now it’s officially official! Much more to come. Stay tuned!

007e1a8136bef0eec604487cf853150c.jpg

OMG, I cannot wait to get into this.

You are such a hoot.  Way to go York!

I was going to be using my downtime to clean out nooks and crannys but now you have kaboshed that idea. 

• Like 2

I want to know more about the Midnight Buffet!  I hope you will go to one!  We were on a ship with a Midnight Buffet; it was the greatest.  At the entry there were two roast chickens propped up to look like little guitar players.  They wore little hats and everything.  If only I could show everyone a picture of it.  And then there were watermelons carved to look like faces, cakes that looked like logs, just unbelievable!

• Like 3

Have you met your cabin boy yet?  We haven't seen ours, but it is magic how he keeps the room so neat.  My new bride is concerned he is watching us, since our bed has been made every time we returned to the cabin.

After the 4th time, she really wondered how he knew our comings and goings.  Maybe newlyweds get almost Star class treatment.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

He must be very rich.  I could only dream to be on a cruise.

It's certainly a once in a lifetime vacation.  I can't imagine going on more than one cruise...my last name's not Rockefeller or Vanderbilt! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 3CatsInMA said:

The disco is much more spacious than it looks from the outside!  It's hard to believe they fit all that in!!

Don't talk about how spacious the disco is.  They might hear you and do something crazy like turn it into staterooms.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, mil76 said:

Don't talk about how spacious the disco is.  They might hear you and do something crazy like turn it into staterooms.

Or divide up the disco into several special purpose rooms or lounges, with access restricted dependent on how many cruises you've been on.

I find this concept of frequent cruisers loyalty perks laughable as who could ever afford to go on more than one or two cruises in their lifetime. 

• Like 7

On the Big Norway, our daily schedule is packed with so much fun for our sea day.  So many things at the same time, how do you decide?

Why would they schedule a pingpong tournament, a bridge tournament, and a learn about disco event all at 2:30. Shuffleboard tournament at 3:00 and Trapshooting at 3:30.

I can't believe they are going to let anyone tour the galley for a half hour before dinner.  Maybe they should charge for it.

Tonight looks to be so special, since it is a Formal night.  The Captain is having a GALA COCKTAIL PARTY, and all guests are to use the stairtowers so a crew member can greet you and introduce you to the captain.

Do you have such Royal treatment onboard the little Norway to get a personal introduction to the captain?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 3CatsInMA said:

It's certainly a once in a lifetime vacation.  I can't imagine going on more than one cruise...my last name's not Rockefeller or Vanderbilt! 

Or Mario?  That sure would be super to cruise so often.

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The Captain is having a GALA COCKTAIL PARTY, and all guests are to use the stairs so a crew member can greet you and introduce you to the captain.

Is line similar to the line York mentioned last night to the bathroom... with the unlimited prophylactics?  

Your captain, he must be a swinger.  Rumour has it that he is the top Pineapple on board.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Is line similar to the line York mentioned last night to the bathroom... with the unlimited prophylactics?  

Your captain, he must be a swinger.  Rumour has it that he is the top Pineapple on board.

I will have to let you know, once we get through the line and meet him.

It will be a Star filled night, with the high end entertainment planned.  More later!!!

• Like 2

We put all of our valuables in the safety deposit boxes at the pursers office, only trouble is the limited hours they are open.  It's always a mad rush to get everything out and figure out the cash for tips before they close up on the last night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tonight looks to be so special, since it is a Formal night.  The Captain is having a GALA COCKTAIL PARTY, and all guests are to use the stairtowers so a crew member can greet you and introduce you to the captain.

I am peanut butter and JEALOUS right now!

We have that too but we have to wait until later in the week. It’s ok though. There is soooo much to do on this ship. There’s no way you can possibly do it all in one week.
  • Like 1